Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2018 7:21:56 AM EDT
Link

Richmond County Sheriff's Office has arrested and terminated an off-duty deputy after a fight at The Country Club Dance Hall and Saloon.

Investigators say the fight occurred Saturday around 1:04 a.m. A Richmond County Deputy working special duty observed the fight, where a male suspect punched another man, identified as Austin Kyles, in the face. The suspect was identified as Deputy Thomas Andrews.

After Andrews struck Kyles, both began fighting and the deputy on-duty attempted to break up the fight. Both were taken into custody. A third man, Allen Lemonds of Virginia Beach, Virginia was also detained.

Through firsthand accounts and video surveillance, it was found that Andrews started the fight. He was arrested and charged with affray
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:22:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Georgia cop thread.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what I think every Deputy in Georgia looks like.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Deputy Farva was real.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like the victim gave as good as he got.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Snip...

Through firsthand accounts and video surveillance, it was found that Andrews started the fight. He was arrested and charged with affray
View Quote
First I've ever heard of that charge.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Some things do change.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:03:57 AM EDT
[#7]
“Do you know who I am??!!??”
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Lol, what a fat turd
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This is a broad brush but that's what they look like around here also.  I've got some friends who are SLED and Highway patrol and for the most part those guys seem like they take pride in their appearance.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Man, the world is a very different place nowadays.

20ish years ago I was a bouncer at a large, lower-middle-class nightclub near the Detroit airport.

The police departments from a couple of neighboring cities used to come in the bar and start fights all the time.

We'd throw them out and they'd come back the next week.  Nobody even thought of having them charged.

To their credit, they never suddenly remembered they were cops if they picked a fight and were getting the worst of it, or when we tossed them. Almost a gentleman's agreement.

Man, that was a fun place. Huge, packed, tons of pretty girls, all kinds of trouble if you were looking for it. Never been to a bar like that since.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:41:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is a broad brush but that's what they look like around here also.  I've got some friends who are SLED and Highway patrol and for the most part those guys seem like they take pride in their appearance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As an ex-LEO, who has worked for 3 agencies in central GA, I have to concur.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice pic

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Thought it was going to be a follow up of  the Walton Sheriff and his deputies from last year.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Impossible. GD has assured me cops always get away with anything and are never fired/charged.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#16]
That sucks.  Without more information I don't think a simple affray should result in his termination.  i.e. use of issued equipment, or trying to use his badge as a shield.  I think this world would be a less stressful place if this were allowed more often.  
I remember when we used to get kicked out of the (old) Dallas Bull for fighting on a Thursday night, banned for a month as punishment, and being right back the very next week drinking with the guys we had fought the week before.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thought it was going to be a follow up of  the Walton Sheriff and his deputies from last year.
View Quote
wait, wut did the Walton Sheriff and his deputies do?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Good termination.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wait, wut did the Walton Sheriff and his deputies do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The sheriff was arrested in FL after a bar fight last year.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That sucks.  Without more information I don't think a simple affray should result in his termination.  i.e. use of issued equipment, or trying to use his badge as a shield.  I think this world would be a less stressful place if this were allowed more often.  
I remember when we used to get kicked out of the (old) Dallas Bull for fighting on a Thursday night, banned for a month as punishment, and being right back the very next week drinking with the guys we had fought the week before.
View Quote
Obviously he’s a great decision maker.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Meh Chicago cops are the best...take em to a Packer game in Green Bay....any given bar where a bunch of them have retired
in northern WI...
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Man, the world is a very different place nowadays.

20ish years ago I was a bouncer at a large, lower-middle-class nightclub near the Detroit airport.

The police departments from a couple of neighboring cities used to come in the bar and start fights all the time.

We'd throw them out and they'd come back the next week.  Nobody even thought of having them charged.

To their credit, they never suddenly remembered they were cops if they picked a fight and were getting the worst of it, or when we tossed them. Almost a gentleman's agreement.

Man, that was a fun place. Huge, packed, tons of pretty girls, all kinds of trouble if you were looking for it. Never been to a bar like that since.
View Quote
Flight Club or Landing Strip?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, I missed that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Meh Chicago cops are the best...take em to a Packer game in Green Bay....any given bar where a bunch of them have retired
in northern WI...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

in northern WI...
meh... They don't have to be retired or leave Illinois.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We never made arrests for simple bar fights no matter who started it. Unless there was property damage.

Do a report and let them seek an arrest warrant.
View Quote
Why?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top