Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/3/2018 12:30:23 AM EDT
Need a Battle.net account and download the game through the Battle.net Client before Nov 18.
Base version of the game, up to level 20, Leviathan Raid and Crucible multiplayer.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/2/18056666/destiny-2-free-blizzcon-blizzard-activision

https://kotaku.com/you-can-now-get-destiny-2-free-on-pc-1830184743
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Snagged a copy myself. For those wondering, to buy all the DLC and be current with the latest build is $40.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's about six or eight of us that play pretty regularly on PC.

Destiny is...um, Destiny, like any other game, it has its high and low points.  The base game will give you a pretty good idea of whether you want to stick it out or not.  We've had three DLCs so far, Curse of Osiris (meh), Warmind (better), and the big one, Forsaken.  Forsaken basically makes Destiny 2 a whole 'nother game compared to vanilla D2.  New weapons, new subclasses, new raid, new enemies, lots of content and stuff to do.
View Quote
Is the arfcom clan still active or are you guys somewhere else? I'm going to jump back in because I keep hearing good things but I stopped playing at level 20 and 280 light so...
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is the arfcom clan still active or are you guys somewhere else? I'm going to jump back in because I keep hearing good things but I stopped playing at level 20 and 280 light so...
View Quote
There where only 4 of us that still played so we left and just joined the Xbox clan.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't play on Xbox anymore. There's about five or six of us now that play regularly on PC.  I'm still part of the Arfcom clan though, I'm still on the Xbox roster so stuff we do on PC goes towards the clan as a whole.
View Quote
Gotcha, I'm still on the arfcom pc clan too. Game is horrible solo imho so I'll hit you up on discord once I catch up a little bit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:56:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Would I be able to get in on the PC clan?  I ended up upgrading to Forsaken and will probably buy the season pass soon.  Hovering at just about 500 light and grinding out Gambit so I can get my Bygones and Breakneck.  Would really dig on playing with other folk as PUGs can be... frustrating.  Battle.net name is PissedMick#1996
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Solid, TYVM.  Will accept both when I'm next on, likely tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:39:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Solid, TYVM.  Will accept both when I'm next on, likely tomorrow.
View Quote
I invited you on bnet too, although I'm low af light level, slowly working my way up.

edit; quintin, I barely noticed, I never played on Xbox, always PC, got confused. Is there a new clan for PC with people that actually play or not really?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Arfcom XBL is the clan you want. There was a separate PC clan but it went down in flames.

Whats your Bnet?  I'll send you a clan invite tonight. I'll also be on if y'all need help plowing through the story missions and leveling up. Some stuff can be kinda daunting at lower levels, and if you're working on multiple characters doing that stuff repeatedly is slow and boring.
View Quote
MapleSyrup#1687, I'm already friends with you on bnet.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Download Discord for chat - https://discordapp.com/

I sent you a link on Bnet for our Discord server.
View Quote
Nice, not sure how I missed on that.  I'll gladly help anyone who needs it too, up to about 520 light now and have some decent weapons.

It's funny, I'd say the free giveaway probably worked out for Blizzard after hearing how many have bought expansions and/or silver since playing the base game.

ETA: I love doing Escalation Protocol and dropping down Wells of Radiance all over the damn place only to have the random bags run around like it's the goddamn Benny Hill show and fight from seemingly anyplace but said wells.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 5:37:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I got the game during it's free giveaway, upgraded to Forsaken, ground my way to ~600 now, and today was the first day I played a Cruicable match I wasn't much for PVP...I also did a Blind Well run with a bunch of random guys; hopefully I didn't fuck it up too bad...got a second light seed and am using that to flesh out whatever the fire super is (2nd one out of the 3) - I'm a Titan, and I usually do the Void super, but I figured I'd "get the set" and grind through all the supers

Coop PvE seems to be really fun...I ran into another guy from arfcom randomly during one of my first Cruicable matches I joined his clan, but I don't know if there's an 'official' one or not?
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got the game during it's free giveaway, upgraded to Forsaken, ground my way to ~600 now, and today was the first day I played a Cruicable match I wasn't much for PVP...I also did a Blind Well run with a bunch of random guys; hopefully I didn't fuck it up too bad...got a second light seed and am using that to flesh out whatever the fire super is (2nd one out of the 3) - I'm a Titan, and I usually do the Void super, but I figured I'd "get the set" and grind through all the supers

Coop PvE seems to be really fun...I ran into another guy from arfcom randomly during one of my first Cruicable matches I joined his clan, but I don't know if there's an 'official' one or not?
View Quote
What's your battle net name? If you want a real fun PVE experience then you need to raid.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What's your battle net name? If you want a real fun PVE experience then you need to raid.
View Quote
Yup, I'm still getting my toes wet on the player-interactive bit. Other than random escalation protocols with other players and public events, mostly on EDZ and Titan...I haven't really done much co-op.

My BT is EvilEd#11757
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I mostly play solo off and on just to kill some time, but being able to hook up with other PC players when I have the time for raids and stuff would be cool! I’m Frost#1414 on Battle.net.

I quit about a month after launch because the game sucked, but I’m back with Forsaken now that they’ve turned it back into Destiny 1 (which I loved and played the crap out of on PS4). Glad I came back in time to do Festival of The Lost, I love the shit out of that Horror Story rifle. It’s like my  Shadow Price from D1 brought back.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Are you guys still doing coop games?  Would probably enjoy some raids or escalations with slightly less random people.  Usually on in the late evenings or weekend afternoons if my kids and work day haven't totally beat me down.

Findsman#1952

Working on finishing up the Forsaken campaign and grinding out some better gear, I'm a level 50 Titan around 520 or so.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Nearly all of my armor is at 650 now, but my weapon drops are topping out aroudn 630-635, so I've still got some ways to go

And I'm looking for a clan to run on weekends with, there's a bunch of things I want to get still, like whatever that rat pistol is, I've got The Whisper as a quest so I want to do that, I'd love to get into Leviathan raids and Nightfalls...and like that

The clan I'm in now, I thought was started by an arfcommer, but apparently wasn't...an underscore makes all the difference
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My Bnet is QuintinAR15#1930.

Things are kinda slow right now. Unlocking the new weapon forges suck. I'll probably be on tonight finishing up TLW.

ETA - matter of fact, y'all wanna raid?  I count at least four people in here I haven't played with before, and there's 3-4 people I play with semi regularly, so by god we should have enough for a raid party. Even the old raids - if you're above 500 power, you're fine for any raid or raid lair in the game except Last Wish or Scourge of the Past. If we can get the regulars together, we can carry one low light player through Last Wish no problem. And I haven't cleared Scourge of the Past yet and I really want to.
View Quote
I'm in to help as well. Outrider#11824. I'll be on tonight and try and add some of the above guys.

ETA: I need a Leviathan run for Acrius anyway and Eater of Worlds is a good one to run. I'd love to get these guys through Last Wish as it's a pretty incredible experience.

@Findsman
@Evil_Ed
@Frost7
@PissedMick

Added you guys. I often don't play more than twice a week as my wife loathes the video games and I have a little one at home, but I'll be more than happy to help when I can. Wife is out of town tonight so once little one is to bed (7:30C) I'll be on. I'm caught up on pretty much everything minus some new forge stuff so let me know what y'all want to do.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My Bnet is QuintinAR15#1930.

Things are kinda slow right now. Unlocking the new weapon forges suck. I'll probably be on tonight finishing up TLW.

ETA - matter of fact, y'all wanna raid?  I count at least four people in here I haven't played with before, and there's 3-4 people I play with semi regularly, so by god we should have enough for a raid party. Even the old raids - if you're above 500 power, you're fine for any raid or raid lair in the game except Last Wish or Scourge of the Past. If we can get the regulars together, we can carry one low light player through Last Wish no problem. And I haven't cleared Scourge of the Past yet and I really want to.
View Quote
Just sent a friend request!

My level is pretty high but my experience beyond plain old PvE and grinding is limited Hell I'm still trying to figure out Gambit; it took me a while to figure out that I need to wack the Envoys before moving to the main one...and I really suck at Crucible; I'm laughably bad. Though I did just get Sleeper Stimulant so I can pretty much one-shot things like Hirak's Familiar now on Titan
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm in to help as well. Outrider#11824. I'll be on tonight and try and add some of the above guys.

ETA: I need a Leviathan run for Acrius anyway and Eater of Worlds is a good one to run. I'd love to get these guys through Last Wish as it's a pretty incredible experience.

@Findsman
@Evil_Ed
@Frost7
@PissedMick

Added you guys. I often don't play more than twice a week as my wife loathes the video games and I have a little one at home, but I'll be more than happy to help when I can. Wife is out of town tonight so once little one is to bed (7:30C) I'll be on. I'm caught up on pretty much everything minus some new forge stuff so let me know what y'all want to do.
View Quote
Accepted!

7:30c? I'll be dead asleep by then too I don't work a normal 9-5 job, so my hours are a little weirder than everyone else's... if you see me on during a weekday past 6pm, it means I'm up late

(excluding Fridays and weekends!)

And is spending the cash for the yearly pass/Black Forge worth it? I haven't really been able to justify it yet since I'm still working on the last few quests from The Dreaming City still...
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I look forward to playing with you guys. Though prepare to be disappointed, I'm probably not that good compared to a lot of folks out there.

I ground through getting Ace of Spades, but since I wasn't setup for PVP, it suuuuuucked getting the hand cannon precision kills.  Found the least crappy hand cannon I had in my stash (Sturm), infused it up, and did my best.  I looked at the Last Word questline and shit, positive K:D ratio in the Crucible?  Won't be an exotic I'll be getting anytime soon.  I saw a lot of folks using Malfeasance in PVP, looked that up too to find more crazy Gambit stuff.  Maybe it seems more impossible when you're a solo player.

I just got the Polaris Lance and I'm about to finish up the last of the questline for the catalyst.  Need a couple enhancement cores to boost it up.  Pretty close to getting Sleeper Simulant too, just need to finish the Will of the Thousands replay.  I want to get the IKELOS sniper rifle since I have the other 3, but the level 7 EP drops haven't been kind to me lately.

Read through some guides for Last Wish and SOTP.  Holy carp, I'm going to get deaded.  Leviathan comparatively sounds like a jolly good time!
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I look forward to playing with you guys. Though prepare to be disappointed, I'm probably not that good compared to a lot of folks out there.

I ground through getting Ace of Spades, but since I wasn't setup for PVP, it suuuuuucked getting the hand cannon precision kills.  Found the least crappy hand cannon I had in my stash (Sturm), infused it up, and did my best.  I looked at the Last Word questline and shit, positive K:D ratio in the Crucible?  Won't be an exotic I'll be getting anytime soon.  I saw a lot of folks using Malfeasance in PVP, looked that up too to find more crazy Gambit stuff.  Maybe it seems more impossible when you're a solo player.

I just got the Polaris Lance and I'm about to finish up the last of the questline for the catalyst.  Need a couple enhancement cores to boost it up.  Pretty close to getting Sleeper Simulant too, just need to finish the Will of the Thousands replay.  I want to get the IKELOS sniper rifle since I have the other 3, but the level 7 EP drops haven't been kind to me lately.

Read through some guides for Last Wish and SOTP.  Holy carp, I'm going to get deaded.  Leviathan comparatively sounds like a jolly good time!
View Quote
I got SUPER lucky with the Ikelos sniper and shotgun drops; I just happened to be there when guys were farming level 7 drops. I still don't have a decrypted cache key, either

The Will of the Thousands replay isn't that bad, I only died once when the worm was around, and that was because I ran into the damn thing . Then again I have whatever the easier to get belt fed was, maxxed out at 650 with a Reloading masterwork, so...though I don't think I used more than 200 rounds on it. (I have two pieces of armor with machine gun ammo extra capacity on it, giving me 285 rounds of belt fed goodness, and I want more!)

Well, and I did throw one of those lance things at it for a minute or so...but it really wasn't as bad as I was fearing. Honestly, just grinding through all the stupid music boxes was more annoying. BTW I play as whatever Titan that was that throws his shield around like Captain America

Also if you didn't get the catalyst for Sturm yet, if you shoot with a hand cannon at all, it's really worth grinding out if you get the drop. It's aim assist sucks but the bonuses make up for it, if you can connect with it.

Also - Massive spreadsheet with (nearly) all the D2 weapons in it, broken down by impact, handling, reloading speed, etc

I consult it often

It's also why I switched from using Complex Solution, then Steel Sybil to Abide The Return with a backup mag mod on it, with whatever the trait does that gives you extra damage when you first equip it...and then either Tireless Blade or Relentless Strikes, I can't remember which. I think I have one sword somewhere with both tireless and relentless, I have to go check But the Abide has just about the same impact, but gives me more ammo...faster than Crownsplitter, etc. What I really want is Worldline Zero...
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Also I just ground my way to the Nightshade pulse rifle which I'm going to try out in Crucible...I still need to get the Crucible pulse rifle quest done, as well as the Vanguard fusion/arc quest, and the Gambit quest (just 19 more matches to play...)

Then there's the Cayde's Will quest that I'm grinding through, and a handful of other random things

Oh and that shotgun the ship builder girl wants to give you...need to get ~20 more Crucible shotgun kills, I guess...
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the @, might not have noticed the thread went back active without. Accepted the requests I got. Yes I'd be down to raid! My schedule can be somewhat hectic but if we can get a time set and I can make it I'd love to do it. I did all the raids on Destiny 1, but Destiny 2 I have not done a single one yet. All my PvE crew either quit or stayed on PS4, and my PvP crew are still gone from hating the game at launch, so the most raid-ish things I've done are grabbing randoms online for Whisper Heroic and soloing Shattered Throne (which was FUN if hard).

Got my Titan to 650 and decided to restart my Hunter from Destiny 1 over the weekend and just got her done with the main campaign and up to level 50. Almost 650 light there as well; being able to toss max light weapons and Hunter exotics bought from Xur on my Titan definitely cut the 650 grind down to about 5% what it was on my Titan.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Can I get a clan invite, by the way?

I applied to the ARFCOM clan and I see a couple names that are familiar, but that may not be right, so I rescinded the application.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Also, thanks for the clan invite

I might try to solo The Whisper this weekend, but if anyone else wants in to get The Whisper of the Worm, I'll be more than happy to form a fireteam...it'll be helpful if someone who's run it before also helps, since I'll have no idea what I'm doing other than what I read online

It'll itch my OCD cause I hate leaving adds behind and I know this quest has a time limit...one of them might drop an engram!
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey, do we have a discord server?
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes the Arfcom clan is still active on XBOX!  Get the DLCs and jump back in, you'll level up pretty fast.  We have been slacking on raids, but you can pretty much rely on 2-3 Obama engrams from Poncho every week.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I got the Polaris Lance, got the catalyst, and found an "easy" way of farming the perfect fifth kills...well, two easy ways, that don't involve the Leviathan.

Basically - go to Titan. Vandals take a body shot and then die from the burn...so, wait until the public event with the walker happens (it's actually better if you're alone for this, who cares if you beat the walker or not)...4 shots to a walker leg, then pop a vandal. Repeat. When you're out of Vandals, just whale on the walker. You should be able to farm 10-15 or so an event, and the events happen fairly frequently. The other easy way - when you're out of the way, a transport comes in with 3 dregs and a Vandal in the lower platform next to where Slone is, right where the walker public event happens. Between that and the other Dregs around, it's pretty easy to build up to the 5th shot, and hit that Vandal with it. It takes a minute or so between drops if you're standing on the fbut so long as you don't headshot the Vandal (The hardest part )...it counts.

Is it maybe as "fast" as the way of farming a Leviathian? Probably not...I never tried the Leviathan way. This way, I was able to kill Hirak's Familiar a good 10 or so times, farm a ton of alkaline whatevers and open a ton of treasure chests, and get some loot for my trouble while making the catalyst

All told, once I figured it out, it took maybe 30 minutes and 2 public events to go from 12 kills to meet the 50, and it was a fairly laid back relaxed affair.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#39]
The first round of Escalation Protocol is good to farm catalyst kills and theres a mission you get from Anna, Hephaestus, that spawns thrall in groups of 5 or 6 at a time endlessly until the deal you secure is at 100%.. If the bar gets around 90%, just suicide and start over.  This weeks flashpoint is Io, theres a mission there called Postmodern Prometheus that light orbs pop up out of the ground while Taken Thrall spawn in.. Dont destroy the blights and you can get unlimited supers from the orbs and kill the adds to grind out the new supers you get from the light seeds.

If you're on PC, hit me up. I'm on pretty frequently, down for pretty much anything. crazymike#11632  I was in the AR15 clan, but year 1 kinda killed it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll be on.. I ned to do SHattered throne 3 times for the stupid ship.  I'll definitely be down for a run or to help somebody get their wish ender.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone gonna be around for stuff tomorrow evening or this weekend?  Raid, crucible, Shattered Throne is up this weekend, forges, etc.

Arfcom Destiny Discord:

https://discord.gg/TDQPYZ
View Quote
I may be picking up a certain lower receiver
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anyone gonna be around for stuff tomorrow evening or this weekend?  Raid, crucible, Shattered Throne is up this weekend, forges, etc.

Arfcom Destiny Discord:

https://discord.gg/TDQPYZ
View Quote
I am, but I don't have the season pass...is it worth the money to spend on it as far as the forge stuff goes?

I need to get the rest of the Dreaming City armor set to do the shattered throne to finish a quest, apparently
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I am, but I don't have the season pass...is it worth the money to spend on it as far as the forge stuff goes?

I need to get the rest of the Dreaming City armor set to do the shattered throne to finish a quest, apparently
View Quote
For a bounty mor likely a "queens bounty". That gives you a lower LL piece of dreaming city gear and a mod. You don't have to have the full set to run the dungeon with. If you haven't done it yet, you'll get the first part of the deal done for the wish ender exotic bow from the statue behind the big ogre.

I like the forges. It's kinda drawn out unlocking all 3 of them and unlocking the frames for the weapons, but it's cool to be able to go into one and know specifically what you're going to get from it. Ymmv, but I've had good luck with the rolls on the guns I've been getting.  The Last Word is kinda cool and the Season of the Drifter starts the Tuesday after next.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

For a bounty mor likely a "queens bounty". That gives you a lower LL piece of dreaming city gear and a mod. You don't have to have the full set to run the dungeon with. If you haven't done it yet, you'll get the first part of the deal done for the wish ender exotic bow from the statue behind the big ogre.

I like the forges. It's kinda drawn out unlocking all 3 of them and unlocking the frames for the weapons, but it's cool to be able to go into one and know specifically what you're going to get from it. Ymmv, but I've had good luck with the rolls on the guns I've been getting.  The Last Word is kinda cool and the Season of the Drifter starts the Tuesday after next.
View Quote
Yup - I got it when I was trying to get the 3rd/final seed of light. I got the quest from Petra, did 3 Tier III Blind Wells, got the offering, took it to the temple...and instead of a seed of light, got this quest instead.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Weird.. those are usually drop from Petra weekly  bounties or when you cash in the ascendant challenge bounty. I'm surprised you didn't get the last seed from the queens chest. I got 2 seeds across 3 characters from the blind well... all the rest came from Mara's chest. The Riverie Dawn and the LW and SotP raid gear are the ONLY gear that can drop with "enhanced" perks like "enhanced sniper antiflinch" and things like that.

I got SUPER lucky with the Ikelos sniper and shotgun drops; I just happened to be there when guys were farming level 7 drops. I still don't have a decrypted cache key, either  
View Quote
You need 7 key fragments to make an encrypted key.. You get the key fragments from the heroic missions form Anna or get all 7 from doing a nightfall. Once you get an encrypted key, you have to get in on an EP in round 1 or round 2 or it won't decrypt. There were some key farming shenanigans going on and they patched how many decrypted keys you could get per week and to keep people from farming events in round 7 to farm the chest (like the armor is even relevant anymore). So you can have 7 key fragments and an encrypted key, run ep for the decrypted key, kill the final boss and open the chest and thats it for the week. You can turn the other 7 frags in to Anna for another key, but it's won't decrypt to use on the final chest until after reset on Tuedsay.

I'll do 1 100k plus NF run a week if the loot is worth anything to farm for, then use the challenge card from Xur, put on heavyweight and farm away. Once you get the full armor set, there's really no reason to worry about the keys anymore.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#48]
BTW.. Heavens Angel does have Foresaken. He sent me a shout in game and said he was downloading it, haven't heard from him since. YOU STILL ALIVE BRO??
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Weird.. those are usually drop from Petra weekly  bounties or when you cash in the ascendant challenge bounty. I'm surprised you didn't get the last seed from the queens chest. I got 2 seeds across 3 characters from the blind well... all the rest came from Mara's chest. The Riverie Dawn and the LW and SotP raid gear are the ONLY gear that can drop with "enhanced" perks like "enhanced sniper antiflinch" and things like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yeah, that was just it - I got the weekly bounty, completed it...but I didn't get a chest. I just got that challenge. I read somewhere afterwards that apparently you need to do it on specific weeks? WTF?

I got one seed of light (the 2nd) from a blind well run, but I've run through it 5-6 more times before this and didn't get one, googled, found a way was through the Petra challenge, did that...and nothing.

You need 7 key fragments to make an encrypted key.. You get the key fragments from the heroic missions form Anna or get all 7 from doing a nightfall. Once you get an encrypted key, you have to get in on an EP in round 1 or round 2 or it won't decrypt. There were some key farming shenanigans going on and they patched how many decrypted keys you could get per week and to keep people from farming events in round 7 to farm the chest (like the armor is even relevant anymore). So you can have 7 key fragments and an encrypted key, run ep for the decrypted key, kill the final boss and open the chest and thats it for the week. You can turn the other 7 frags in to Anna for another key, but it's won't decrypt to use on the final chest until after reset on Tuedsay.

I'll do 1 100k plus NF run a week if the loot is worth anything to farm for, then use the challenge card from Xur, put on heavyweight and farm away. Once you get the full armor set, there's really no reason to worry about the keys anymore.
Yeah, I did a heroic mission to get Polaris Lance/the catalyst, and I got two fragments...bleh, you need to be there for all 7? That's a chore and a half
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#50]
I have "The Whisper" which I want to get through; I've got Sleeper but even looking at the soloed runs of The Whisper..that looks like shit. I have a 650 masterworked beltfed with a Boss mod that I usually use for these things so I'm not sure Sleeper would be better...but I don't think that even at my 645 light level with 650 armor all around, that I'll be able to get through it without giving up

Edit - technically I still have the last one or two quests to finish in the storyline on Dreaming City...you know, I should probably try to knock those out

Edit - ok got the last of the 3 quests done...everything I read online was "wow there's a lot of things to kill, all shields, blah blah blah"....I sat back with the polaris lance (though really any scout will do) and just enjoyed the target practice...it wasn't hard at all
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top