Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2021 5:53:04 PM EDT
I've had this machine for about 12 years. Never put power to it. I planned on doing a control retrofit to use as a second op machine but I really don't need it or have the space for it.

If someone here could use it, please take it. You would just need to pick it up in Newark, DE. I have it bolted to 4x4 skids and I have a forklift to move it around. I've moved it between locations on a rollback.

This is the machine in my garage about 10 years ago. I used to go out every once in a while and give it a coat of oil with a paint brush, but It's been sitting unmaintained for about 8 years now. Last I checked the ways and screws still looked fine. I can get some current pictures tomorrow.

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What controller, does it accept G code or conversational only?  Spindle taper?

Just some Q's that an interested party may have...
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Man that brings back memories.  I cut my teeth on one of those.   Hope it finds a good home.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What controller, does it accept G code or conversational only?  Spindle taper?

Just some Q's that an interested party may have...
View Quote

Spindle is Erickson Quick Change #30 NMTB.

I tossed the tape reader years ago.

I think it's a Boss 5 or 6. Never really looked since they all suck and I planned on replacing the control and steppers anyway.

There are retrofit kits available from Centroid if you don't want a complete DIY: https://www.centroidcnc.com/bridgeport_boss.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top