Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 7/14/2021 12:38:18 PM EDT
Found him on the side of a highway between two towns here in MS.  Didn't see any others nearby so I'm guess he was either abandoned or the mother dropped while moving, maybe.  Was in pretty bad shape.  Covered in fleas, flies, and maggots.  Maggots even filled his ears.  Stopped at the house to rinse him off the best I could then off to the vet.  They cleaned him, wormed, etc and back home with me.  Having to bottle feed which has been fun, lol.  Had a little issue with fly larvae making breathing holes but after treating that,  you can't even tell where the wound was now.    No idea what breed he is.  Really thick fur.  Today makes a week with me.  I let a cute staff member at the vet name him Gizmo, lol.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Well gizmo is just god damn adorable. Good on you.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome job OP!!!!!!

You've earned 6 less turns on the Karmic wheel as a cockroach.

If you need to rehome him I'd be interested.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Poor little shit.
Good on ya op.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Aw, that face!!    Thank you for saving the pup, OP.  And please give Gizmo good scratches for me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, he or she will never forget what you've done.  You've got a lifetime loyal friend there.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s awesome, OP
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for saving the little guy OP.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 5:01:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Precious little thing! Thank you for taking the little fella in and fixing him up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 6:24:04 AM EDT
[#9]
10/10 thread.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
10/10 thread.
View Quote

This.

I sincerely hope OP keeps the little guy.  If not, I'd be interested.

If OP needs help, I'm in to help.

All I've ever had are strays.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Good on you!  Thank you for helping him out.

"Feel good Friday" stuff right there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP, he or she will never forget what you've done.  You've got a lifetime loyal friend there.
View Quote

They certainly know
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They certainly know
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They certainly know

Damn straight. All my rescue/pound pups have been fantastic dogs.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#14]
13 years ago we had a similar story.  Son found a 4 week old behind Target in a field under a tarp.  Mom was gone, so he brought home a little black ball of fur.  We had no idea of what it was going to be.  Wife was asleep from night shift work and he put the pup in the bed with her and she thought it was the daughters hamster!
She started growing and growing and turned into this.

Old girl is now on her last legs and her spine is eat up with arthritis and she can barely get around.  Its a real chore to get her outside up and down the stairs for her to use the bathroom and we're spending about $75 a month on pain meds to make her a little more comfortable.  Little shit has a routine of sneaking out and eating the cat food after I leave for work.  She's so bold now she comes out of the bedroom and hovers around the area until I leave to eat it.  I used to get pissed, but she's underweight, cat is fat.  So I now fill that cat food bowl just before I leave so I know she's getting extra calories.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
13 years ago we had a similar story.  Son found a 4 week old behind Target in a field under a tarp.  Mom was gone, so he brought home a little black ball of fur.  We had no idea of what it was going to be.  Wife was asleep from night shift work and he put the pup in the bed with her and she thought it was the daughters hamster!
She started growing and growing and turned into this.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7228/HQDFFD.jpg

Old girl is now on her last legs and her spine is eat up with arthritis and she can barely get around.  Its a real chore to get her outside up and down the stairs for her to use the bathroom and we're spending about $75 a month on pain meds to make her a little more comfortable.  Little shit has a routine of sneaking out and eating the cat food after I leave for work.  She's so bold now she comes out of the bedroom and hovers around the area until I leave to eat it.  I used to get pissed, but she's underweight, cat is fat.  So I now fill that cat food bowl just before I leave so I know she's getting extra calories.
View Quote

That was a great find. What a cute dog.

Try to find something else to get her to eat,tho. There’s taurine and other things in cat food that will fuck up a dog. It’s hard to feed old animals with poor appetites.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you for saving that cute little guy OP.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top