Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2019 10:38:21 PM EDT
I am having problems with the pages jumping back to the top of the page every time I page back instead of to the spot I was on the page like it used to.  Been going on for two weeks now.

Happens on every forum page.

I am using firefox.

It is annoying as all get out and would be great to have a fix for it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Same issue here. I think it was the last Firefox update that did to very few websites.
I think it has to do with the ad's at the top of the page and the way they are interpreted which is messing up the remember scroll position part.

It has made this website very difficult to use.

I just reverted back to the last version of FireFox and the issue doesn't happen there.

If you do that make sure to turn off auto update.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same issue here. I think it was the last Firefox update that did to very few websites.
I think it has to do with the ad's at the top of the page and the way they are interpreted which is messing up the remember scroll position part.

It has made this website very difficult to use.

I just reverted back to the last version of FireFox and the issue doesn't happen there.

If you do that make sure to turn off auto update.
View Quote
I have gotten around the problem on the desktop by right clicking and opening whatever thread I want to read in a new tab.  It is a fix and the mobile doesn't seem to have the problem. Still makes it inconvenient.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not sure how I missed this thread, but I'll check it out.
View Quote
Thanks GB!
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not sure how I missed this thread, but I'll check it out.
View Quote
@goatboy it's still fucked up
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
@goatboy it's still fucked up
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I gave up on it. Stopped using FF to view the site and use chrome just for this site.

It wasn't doing it on mobile at first but now it does it there too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
My green arrow takes me to the last post on the last page that I read, not to the last post that I've read.  Using firefox.

(Green arrow works fine on iphone)

@goatboy
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Wont be renewing my membership unless they fix the problem. It's been over 6 months and still the same.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:30:18 AM EDT
[#13]
The easiest thing would be for you to download Firefox and see for
yourself what the back button does.
From any category click into a thread then use the back button and you won't be returned anywhere close to where you were.
The green arrows are all but useless with Firefox also.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:43:25 AM EDT
[#14]
some screenshots of what happens when I click on a thread
this is what I see before I click on this thread
Attachment Attached File

this is what I see after I click on this thread and use the back button to return
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:46:01 AM EDT
[#15]
when I click on the green arrow in my subscribed threads for this thread this is where it takes me
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 1:29:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I use Firefox all the time because chrome sucks.

We probably surf the site in different ways. I don't have this issue because I rarely use the back button. But I have been trying to use it more, but I'm  not sure if we are on the same page. I'll try to click around this path you explained and see what I can find out.  
View Quote
Maybe a dumb question but is your Firefox up to date?
This started happening with an update around February IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#19]
When I use my green arrows, it often jumps me to the bottom of the last page of the thread, not the last post I read. However, I have to scroll up to see the last post as I'm looking at the very bottom of the webpage, not the thread.

My green arrows go away when it comes to threads I've viewed or even started in the industry section. Been happening for awhile now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top