User Panel

Locked Forum issues (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By California_Kid:

Multiple users were attacking my wife for something she did not actually do, misstating what I had said about the issue, and insisted on sticking to their distortions and outright lies when I attempted to calmly correct the record.

No consequence, you say?  The truth is that I lost my cool and got an account warning for it.  That's not who I normally am.

Attacking a user's family member is a straight-up CoC #6 violation.  She has never had an account here and never will.  I would kill someone without hesitation to protect her.  I am trying to discipline myself not to take the bait when people try to dog-pile on me like that.  It's not easy for me because I have a lot of pent-up anger from real life events.

Carry on.
View Quote

"and got an account warning for it"

Good - that was well deserved. You sound like you have bigger problems, which are only manifested by your lack of self control here. So I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
This isn’t going well.

Imagine a teacher asking the class to quiet down, and then they all start playing kazoos……
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 5:01:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By fish223:

Only two names on that list, and one of them is an OG member who's completely one of us in every other way, except 'rona.

In my book, Rodent gets a pass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fish223:
Originally Posted By DepletedUranium:

I can point you in the direction of two that need banning. Hundreds of Arfcom members can't be wrong.

https://i.postimg.cc/DzkdTSJb/trolls.jpg

Only two names on that list, and one of them is an OG member who's completely one of us in every other way, except 'rona.

In my book, Rodent gets a pass.

He has literally started threads comparing ivermectin users to piss drinkers and shit eaters. If the mods want this forum cleaned up why has he been allowed to do this?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wildturkey09:

He has literally started threads comparing ivermectin users to piss drinkers and shit eaters. If the mods want this forum cleaned up why has he been allowed to do this?
View Quote
This is true. He may have been warned however.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Hill_monkey:

Not normally an insulting person, factor in the last two years of mandates, lockdowns, laid off, etc. Yeah, I let emotions get the better of me. If I ever post in this sub forum again, it’ll be treated like a tech thread.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
I got an account warning for saying a Pfizerbot is protected.

these are the exact types of insults that are the problem.

Not normally an insulting person, factor in the last two years of mandates, lockdowns, laid off, etc. Yeah, I let emotions get the better of me. If I ever post in this sub forum again, it’ll be treated like a tech thread.

The covid forum should be deleted entirely.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dannynoonan:
This isn’t going well.

Imagine a teacher asking the class to quiet down, and then they all start playing kazoos……
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dannynoonan:
This isn’t going well.

On the contrary.

This is great and this whole containment zone is the best thing that happened to the board.

Every time I need a laugh, i pop in here and see the thin skinned groupthink folks chattering at each other and screeching at everyone that offers a contrary opinion.  

Alternative medicine is alternative medicine.

and nobody will ever take anyone who gets their alternative medicine at Tractor Supply seriously.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

LOL
He has been permabanned twice. He brags about it.
He never should have been allowed to come back after the first PERMABAN.
It's all in his file.
Years ago, some site staffer got drunk and unlocked several people without even looking at why they were banned. They were taking names people were shouting out and unlocking them.
I'm sure any site staff can go look and see.

But he's back and he trolls and pisses people off. He should get the Dave_A treatment. Restricted to tech forums outside of the general page.

Martin may have had only one account, but he had three different posting styles and posted 24 hours a day.
That sounds like several people used his account.
Banning him should improve the forum and get people to be less agitated.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:47:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: garyd] [#8]

please drop the drama at the door that is not at all what was said.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By garyd:
Translation.  The  branch covidians can post what they want, claim what they want and attack and or ignore any information to the contrary. Those of us who can see things directly in front of us that completely contradicts what the branch covidians claim are not allowed to dissent without risk of being accused of attacking. And violating the COC.  Even pointing out that no one on ARFCOM voted Martin as the arbitrator of pro covid information risks our account.  

Extremely one sided.  But hey, It is what it is.

So, I get an account warning for this post.  Great way to prove wrong.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By D_J:

I gave you a warning because of what you posted, not because you were right and I didn’t like it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By D_J:
Translation.  The  branch covidians can post what they want, claim what they want and attack and or ignore any information to the contrary. Those of us who can see things directly in front of us that completely contradicts what the branch covidians claim are not allowed to dissent without risk of being accused of attacking. And violating the COC.  Even pointing out that no one on ARFCOM voted Martin as the arbitrator of pro covid information risks our account.  

Extremely one sided.  But hey, It is what it is.

So, I get an account warning for this post.  Great way to prove wrong.

I gave you a warning because of what you posted, not because you were right and I didn’t like it.

Well, you definitely proved a point.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FDC:

On the contrary.

This is great and this whole containment zone is the best thing that happened to the board.

Every time I need a laugh, i pop in here and see the thin skinned groupthink folks chattering at each other and screeching at everyone that offers a contrary opinion.  

Alternative medicine is alternative medicine.

and nobody will ever take anyone who gets their alternative medicine at Tractor Supply seriously.
View Quote

Characterizing Ivermectin as a quack therapy by horse med guzzlers was part of the strategy to ridicule and berate, and was applied to any pro-Ivermectin stance even when sourced from US, Mexican or Indian pharmacies.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#12]

I can point you in the direction of two that need banning. Hundreds of Arfcom members can't be wrong.

View All Quotes
we ban hundreds of actual trolls a month. sadly they get in faster than we can catch them and many that people think are, are not.

Outside the covid crap rodent posts decent stuff.  He is wrong about covid, but he isnt a forum troll like the other.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Ummm, that's what the COVID-19 lessons learned are.... That's why I sent it to everybody. That's why the DIA classified portions of it, because I wasn't a moron and didn't fall for their propaganda bullshit (Well, I actually fell for it initially because I was under the assumption my own government wouldn't be so openly murderous as to release a fucking bioweapon to try to kill me, violate so many existing treaties in the process, offer a vaccine that was even more deadly, and then lie about it... (I know, I know, I let my guard down. Lesson learned. They're evil motherfuckers). The only downside is that I didn't make a fortune off of it. Though I was called a retard countless times.

You mean I can finally stop taking screenshots of his trolling in an attempt to get him removed? Thank god. I did have a life outside of Arf.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bat15:
Originally Posted By Bat15:

I don't know. I believe it requires 20. Regardless, countless members that have never voted troll have voiced their anger and concerns about him, in COVID threads, the GD, and in private messages. They blocked and ignored him. He posts conflicting information from peer-reviewed studies that he doesn't read and then tries to argue his point. Numerous members have called him out on it and the inconsistency/inaccuracy he posts. Yet he continues to do it. It's no longer a vax/anti-vax argument but trolling. He does it deliberately. When other members have pointed out that he got banned from other forums, Medicmandan stepped in and said knock it off. Stay on topic. But that just reiterates that he's being protected and is doing this on purpose to generate animosity. If he truly cared, we would see a different tone in his threads. You have to understand that Martin248 is not one individual but the account is used by at least 2, maybe 3. If he's a fed or a private firm that has a contractual obligation with Arfcom to gather intelligence and sow discord, that explains why he's protected, his trolling is overlooked, and he's constantly making fun of people about having less EE trades than him. That's like his sole focus. I feel bad for the guys that did business with him because he now has their personal info.

https://i.postimg.cc/Ss8nw1Sp/Martin248-references-Arfcom-EE-trades.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/V6y6B9jZ/Martin248-references-Arfcom-EE-trades-2.jpg

He made fun of Speedracer for having less EE trades than him also, but I didn't grab that discussion. I should've...

I have found that people have attacked him and that he has kept his temper. Your first quote shows someone calling him a commie. I know that is against the rules because when I was called comrade, I made the mistake of responding in kind. He has taken an unpopular stand in the Covid forum and has often been attacked for it. I have also been on the receiving end of personal insults because of my opinion about Covid and vaccinations. Vaccinations and Covid have become a touchy subject but we should all be more respectful of people we disagree with.

I think that Covid was developed by the Chinese government but I don't know if it was released on purpose or not. I know that the Democrats used Covid to steal the election. I also believe that the vaccines are a good thing for an older person like myself or someone who is not the picture of perfect health. They are not perfect and never were but they are a lot more effective than a lot of people think. I know that is an unpopular opinion but I am entitled to it just like others are entitled to your their opinion. Disagreeing about the effectiveness, benefits and risks of the vaccines does not make a person a troll. Posting articles or questioning things posted by others does not make you a troll.

As horrific as the deaths and serious illness caused by Covid are, the harm done to our society and way of life are beyond belief. The number of people who lost their jobs and the "election" of Joe Biden and other democrats is something that will be very hard to correct. Fighting amongst ourselves will not help.

As I recall, you were part of the problem initially as well. Someone called him a Commie because he's pushing Commie things. If you still think COVID was developed by the Chinese and don't know if it was released on purpose, you have ignored my lessons learned which explain everything in detail and why the U.S., U.K., and China released different strains, why it was done intentionally, and why the vaccine is a depopulation measure. I've spoken with numerous U.S. Congressmen and Senators. Have you? A bunch of lawsuits are occurring behind the scenes. People are under sealed indictments. Don't tell me water isn't wet. I fucking hate it when people do that.

I think you are wrong. If you have proof that the U.S., U.K. and China developed and released three different strains of Covid , you should write a book and make a fortune.

Ummm, that's what the COVID-19 lessons learned are.... That's why I sent it to everybody. That's why the DIA classified portions of it, because I wasn't a moron and didn't fall for their propaganda bullshit (Well, I actually fell for it initially because I was under the assumption my own government wouldn't be so openly murderous as to release a fucking bioweapon to try to kill me, violate so many existing treaties in the process, offer a vaccine that was even more deadly, and then lie about it... (I know, I know, I let my guard down. Lesson learned. They're evil motherfuckers). The only downside is that I didn't make a fortune off of it. Though I was called a retard countless times.

martin248 was removed a day or 2 ago.

You mean I can finally stop taking screenshots of his trolling in an attempt to get him removed? Thank god. I did have a life outside of Arf.

DU, that is God's work you did.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By California_Kid:

Multiple users were attacking my wife for something she did not actually do, misstating what I had said about the issue, and insisted on sticking to their distortions and outright lies when I attempted to calmly correct the record……..

Attacking a user's family member is a straight-up CoC #6 violation.  She has never had an account here and never will.  I would kill someone without hesitation to protect her.
View Quote

@The_Beer_Slayer

I don’t see how publicly announcing he is willing to kill  board members if need be isn’t a permanent ban off the entire forum let alone this sub forum.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By medicmandan:

It's a generalization, he's not threatening to kill anyone here.  
View Quote

That’s not what it is says when you read the entire post.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sherrick13:
Outside the covid crap rodent posts decent stuff.  He is wrong about covid, but he isnt a forum troll like the other.
View Quote

He seemed trollish. He was also very pro-Chinese which is what raised my suspicions. I don't know him. I don't want to know him. We'll leave it at that. And yes, he is completely wrong about COVID.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#22]

He seemed trollish. He was also very pro-Chinese which is what raised my suspicions. I don't know him. I don't want to know him. We'll leave it at that. And yes, he is completely wrong about COVID.
View All Quotes

It seriously effected some people mentally.

I know a guy (hard self proclaimed libertarian) who I don't think I've ever heard say a positive word about the government or the media, he seemed to have no trust in them. He really fell for it hard and ate up whatever they said like suddenly they cared, now they were telling the truth. To the point he'd avoid me because I wasn't wearing a mask. He called me an asshole but at least he still thought it was my choice to end up dead .

I know another guy, strong trump supporter, seemed to fully understand how corrupt governments can be both here and around the world. Then Covid and suddenly he believed governments should do whatever they can to minimize the death. Lock downs, restrictions, even the vaccines. Didn't matter if it hurt individual freedoms.

It was a real eye opener on how people react when they're afraid. Sometimes quite different than they act in more normal times.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:

I know a guy (hard self proclaimed libertarian) who I don't think I've ever heard say a positive word about the government or the media, he seemed to have no trust in them. He really fell for it hard and ate up whatever they said like suddenly they cared, now they were telling the truth. To the point he'd avoid me because I wasn't wearing a mask. He called me an asshole but at least he still thought it was my choice to end up dead .

I know another guy, strong trump supporter, seemed to fully understand how corrupt governments can be both here and around the world. Then Covid and suddenly he believed governments should do whatever they can to minimize the death. Lock downs, restrictions, even the vaccines. Didn't matter if it hurt individual freedoms.

It was a real eye opener on how people react when they're afraid. Sometimes quite different than they act in more normal times.
View All Quotes

I know a couple of people like that too.  Not to your example's extreme.  But one of the guys I know is hyper conservative.  Huge gun owner, Son's of Confederate Veterans member, has a Stars and Bars on his truck, ran for office, the whole 9 yards with Conservativism.....and he still wears a mask.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#24]

I know a couple of people like that too.  Not to your example's extreme.  But one of the guys I know is hyper conservative.  Huge gun owner, Son's of Confederate Veterans member, has a Stars and Bars on his truck, ran for office, the whole 9 yards with Conservativism.....and he still wears a mask.
View Quote
I know more people who wore masks just because everyone else was and they didn't want to be different, not that they thought masks worked.

There were even members here who said it didn't matter if masks worked or not. They make people feel better, so they didn't mind wearing one and everyone should wear them.

Link Posted: 4/3/2022 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I know more people who wore masks just because everyone else was and they didn't want to be different, not that they thought masks worked.

There were even members here who said it didn't matter if masks worked or not. They make people feel better, so they didn't mind wearing one and everyone should wear them.

View All Quotes

Yeah, sorry, but I have disdain for those people.  They will be the same ones that will go along with other .gov actions that suppress the populace.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Yup. That's called normalcy bias. They thought things were fine and had their reality shattered. When that happens, they panic and do anything they can to get life to return to normal, including giving away their freedoms. Some said there was no virus as a means of coping with an inability to see it, succumbing and dying from it, and others had an irrational fear. This thing caused a schism between me and a lot of my friends and family. I still don't have a full list of who got the jab and who didn't. The funny thing is we're all very educated. I think they're starting to see it for what it is and realized their mistake.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Locked Forum issues (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top