Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2021 4:49:59 PM EDT
There is apparently a technical bulletin for the replacement of portions of the glass panel sunroof in the 15 F-150.

I have the Lariat F150 V8, and the sunroof has rattled since I got it in 2016.  Maybe a year ago, it failed to retract.  It will vent.

The sunroof sounds like there are golf balls rolling around up there unless (1) you open or vent the sunroof; or (2) you lube the entire perimeter of the thing more than monthly.

I had it in at my local dealership maybe 2 years ago for some sort of recall, and made it REALLY clear that there was a problem with the sunroof, somehow or another my stupid ass forgot to ask before I left, after picking it up several days later.  After remembering and calling about it, I was told that they noted my request but could not replicate the noise.  Yeah.

Anyway, it's literally driving me crazy.

Ford Tech dudes-  Please tell me what to do, what to say, and how to get this fixed.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
What I did was was take mine to a body shop and have them permanently seal that mother fucker closed and then I pulled the fuse that operated the sunroof.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Did that stop the rattling?  Serious question.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I did was was take mine to a body shop and have them permanently seal that mother fucker closed and then I pulled the fuse that operated the sunroof.
View Quote

Fuck, I hate sunroofs.  Both my vehicles have them.  The one in my 1996 Pathfinder quit working.  It's the switch.  I have a new switch.  I don't know why I care.  I guess I'm surprised the thing still works.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did that stop the rattling?  Serious question.
View Quote

It's quiet as a church mouse. @Gthirteen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top