Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2018 10:02:01 PM EDT
I've been trying everything from DE to the huge amount of disposable razors. I have my cream figured out I think. I am new to shaving my head looking for any advice on best disposable razors so far the Gillette fusion pro glide is my favorite smoothest shave I have only used it once. looking for any advice
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Fusion Pro Glide, and whatever shave gel that isn't in an aerosol is what I use.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Cremo and Fusion 5 blade pro glide here
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Soulless Ginger

Lemon smelling leg shaving gel

What ever brand razor my honeybadger shaves her legs with

Me on my knees praying today is not the day she sends me to Valhalla
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:51:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Back when I used a disposable, it was the Schick Tracer. The blade flexes in the middle, which seemed (at the time) to give me a closer shave.

Over the years, I've transitioned to double-edged safety razors for my head and face. For the head, I use either a vintage Lady Gillette "blue" or a Chinese knockoff of the Merkur Futur with a Voskhod blade. For the face, either a Maggard's V3A or a Muhle R41 with an Astra SP.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#5]
You have the right 5 bladed razor OP.
I like Edge gel.
As for technique...

Short little flicks, side to side. NOT a long pass all at once.
Rinse the blade often, and you touch to feel for the rough areas.
Do it often and its easy. Wait a few days it between, and it starts to grab.
Behind the ears is the hardest part.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info, I have felt like this pro glide was the smoothest I have had. Thanks for the tips.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:37:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I looked at the headblade  I was Leary of it. It looks like an as seen on tv gimmick. I'll keep my eyes on it might try it so I know firsthand.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:27:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Whatever you use don't use dull blades and I wouldn't recommend using your straight razor on your scalp. Last time I tried I was leaking for awhile

I am using a mach 3 on my scalp now and whatever cheap costco blades I can get for it
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I've tried just about everything on the market at one point or another and I've found Cremo and Dollar Shave Club razors give me the best results, Mach 3s are good too.  For the record the Head blade discussed above is garbage.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I use a safety razor the same as for my face. Took a little patience at first but it’s easy now. Behind the ears is the only really tricky part.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I tried my DE on my head, and had nicks and was just not comfy. I use feather blades they work great on my face and neck. On my head I am not practiced enough.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked at the headblade  I was Leary of it. It looks like an as seen on tv gimmick. I'll keep my eyes on it might try it so I know firsthand.
View Quote
Headblade sucked for me.  Their shaving cream "Headslick" is the best stuff ever though.
 I like the mach 3 razor.  It rinses clean between strokes a lot easier than the 87 blade razors in my experience.
 Not a big deal if you shave everyday,  but if you skip a couple days the stubble stuck in the razor really irritated my skin.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#14]
just shaved my head for the first time the other night.
The wife clippered it, then we Mach 3'd the rest with Proraso cream.

I touched it up last night with my Philips/Norelco 9300 electric, wet.
it's pretty good.
I'll see how long it takes with my DE and Personna blades/ Proraso cream and brush.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Been shaving my head for like 5 or 6 years now  tried headblades they work EH  Ok   I do like their shave cream  slickest stuff I have ever used thin but slick

fusion pro with the swivel head I am HOOKED  1st time trying it it saved me from a bad cut I made a mistake and got distracted by the wife felt the blade what should have slide sideways and cut me about 3 inches but it swiveled and shaved as it was supposed to. I sat there jaw dropped and said to her what happened told her what they cost and then said well worth the fucking $$ right there..

She likes the way they shave and while I dislike the cost . I dont mind that added safety factor for my own slips and snafus.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I gave up on shaving my head, it was more work than buzzing my head with clippers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't shave my head, but as far a shaving in general. Reduction (a few passes each pass taking more off) is better than trying to get it all in one pass.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#18]
We bulk pack triple or double edged disposables with whatever bar soap is on the sink.

Dry your blades off.

They will last much longer due to the reduced corrosion that occurs when they are left to dry on their own.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Bulk-packed cheapos from Wal Mart.  Tried the blue "house brand" ones (cheapest), and the name brand bulk package.  Don't remember which I like best.

Suave strawberry shampoo.  A holdout from the days when I washed my hair.  :)  When/if I run out of that, I just grab whatever shampoo or soap is handy, including bar soap or body wash. All does the same job. Just needs a bit of lubrication.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I gave up on shaving my head, it was more work than buzzing my head with clippers.
View Quote
Gotta shave it, or let it grow about a week.  Anything in between is like velcro when I throw a shirt on.  I've about broken my own neck pulling my damn shirt over my head.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Dollar shave club gillette shaving cream in the shower then use lotion when I dry off to really get it super smooth
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Gotta shave it, or let it grow about a week.  Anything in between is like velcro when I throw a shirt on.  I've about broken my own neck pulling my damn shirt over my head.
View Quote
Yea I have noticed that hard to put a beanie hat on the head lol
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've tried just about everything on the market at one point or another and I've found Cremo and Dollar Shave Club razors give me the best results, Mach 3s are good too.  For the record the Head blade discussed above is garbage.
View Quote
I just switched to cremo and joined the dollar shave club and am very happy with the combo.  I used to use the green and black 3 blade razors from heb and edge gel.  Since I switched my head is way smoother for longer and it's an easier shave if i do my part.  I shave in the shower and use my finger to keep track.  When it's all done I will heat the water up to unbearable hotness and put my head under it for a fee seconds and then I will slam the cold water on and try to get at least 5 seconds under it and I've noticed that has cut down significantly on razor burn.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL, I did this.  Threw on my hoodie and thought I snapped my neck.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

...Rinse the blade often, and you touch to feel for the rough areas.
Do it often and its easy. Wait a few days it between, and it starts to grab.
Behind the ears is the hardest part.
View Quote
Plus 1.

I use dollar shave club's 4 blade for my head along with an "art of shaving" cream. It's very Iathery and smellsreally good. A little goes a long way, and lasts longer than any off the shelf shaving creams I've used.  I do it while I'm in the shower about once to twice a week.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I've used the headblade and fusion pro. They're both pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 12:41:44 AM EDT
[#27]
I shave my head in the shower,  I have found if I let the hot water run over my head it makes it easier to shave

I got some blades made by dorco,  they have a flying tiger on the box,  some knock off blades,  they work well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I got a bad haircut in the military, figured I would buzz it and start over, but the top just never came back.  I've been shaving my head ever since, about 6 years now.

I use Gillette Fusion blades, it's what was most available at the NEX.  Once I run out of blades, I'm switching over to Harry's blades.  As for cream, I've mostly used Edge, but have dabbled in Every Man Jack, and some other kind of shave butter.  My hair isn't as coarse or thick, so I can easily get away with shaving it every 3 days or so.  As for technique, I shave the top separately, starting at the back of the top and shaving towards my forehead, doing about 2 passes.  Then I do the same, going top down all along the sides and back.  For behind and above the ears, I use that single blade on top of the razor head.  It's not as smooth as going against the grain, but I've never had issues with ingrown hairs, and only cut myself once.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got a bad haircut in the military, figured I would buzz it and start over, but the top just never came back.  I've been shaving my head ever since, about 6 years now.

I use Gillette Fusion blades, it's what was most available at the NEX.  Once I run out of blades, I'm switching over to Harry's blades.  As for cream, I've mostly used Edge, but have dabbled in Every Man Jack, and some other kind of shave butter.  My hair isn't as coarse or thick, so I can easily get away with shaving it every 3 days or so.  As for technique, I shave the top separately, starting at the back of the top and shaving towards my forehead, doing about 2 passes.  Then I do the same, going top down all along the sides and back.  For behind and above the ears, I use that single blade on top of the razor head.  It's not as smooth as going against the grain, but I've never had issues with ingrown hairs, and only cut myself once.
View Quote
Be sure to try Harry's before you buy a bunch.   I damn near scalped myself with a Harry's razor.   I settled back to double edge safety after trying Harry's and will never go back to cartridges after using Gillette cartridges for 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Been on Mach3s for over 20 years, I've strayed to others but nothing seems to work as good. 4,5,6, blade razors miss a bunch of shit (sounds backwards).

A bar of soap makes the best "shaving cream", if you are shaving regularly the only real component one needs is the lubricity soap provides.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I tried my DE on my head, and had nicks and was just not comfy. I use feather blades they work great on my face and neck. On my head I am not practiced enough.
View Quote
I have the opposite experience.

DE with Feathers(cold water) or what ever, work great on my head but nothing works on my face. I just use a trimmer and go as short as possible on my face.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Fusion pro glide. I use hair conditioner instead of shave gel. It's cheaper and I think I get an even closer shave.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Gillette Mach III and either Edge Gel or hair conditioner.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I’ve been shaving my head for 10 years and my advice is no disposable razors and for the best shave, workout before shaving your head.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Be sure to try Harry's before you buy a bunch.   I damn near scalped myself with a Harry's razor.   I settled back to double edge safety after trying Harry's and will never go back to cartridges after using Gillette cartridges for 20 years.
View Quote
Harry's razors specifically state that they're not to be used on your head, but I find that they give me a nice close shave with little/no irritation.

I'd been using a safety razor to shave my head for several years, but after trying a Harry's razor a couple weeks ago, I've made the switch. Sterling shave soap, Semogue 1800 brush (boar), and Harry's razor. Good for the head, face, and balls.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Schick Extreme 3 blades in the shower (I like how they flex to fit the contour of your head).  No soap, no cream, just hot water.  Get under the water for minute to let the water warm your head then have at it.  Then the face and neck the same way.

Haven't used shaving cream since 1984.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I’ve been shaving my head for 10 years and my advice is no disposable razors and for the best shave, workout before shaving your head.
View Quote
Also been shaving the old head for more than a decade. Shower, soap, shave and feel. I use a Quatro  and a three blade.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I've shaved my head for around 7 years now.  Used a safety razor like 3 times and switched to Panasonic electrics.  Once your skin gets accustomed to the electric it's very easy to get a close shave with no irritation or nicks.

Been using a Panasonic ARC5 for about a year now.  Fantastic shave.  Normally use either Cremo or Harry's in the can.  I'll still use a Harry's safety razor to clean up around my ears after I get out of the shower.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 4:21:27 AM EDT
[#39]
I've been using the Gillette Venus. I've tried a bunch of razors over the years and nothing can get closer then a blade meant for a womans legs or bikini line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top