Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Posted: 8/11/2022 9:41:32 PM EDT
Russia/USSR has been wildly held as within the top 3 most powerful militaries in the world for the last 50 years.

What the hell happened?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Mitary-industrial complex has been lying about the strength and ability of the Russian military for the last 50 years to sell more stuff.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Russia military not as good as expected.  Western intelligence and weapons assistance better than expected.  Result:  prolonged war, more death, more profit (financially and politically) for the globalist warmongers. Cost:  lots of unnecessary death, misery, and added potential for energy and food shortages to further the globalist agenda.  Evil at play all around.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The Ukranians have performed much better than anyone thought, but the only reason they're a sovereign nation at this point is because the world has given them an insane amount of aid.

And for the record, I'm ok with my tax dollars going to this.  It's a bargain to neuter Russia, who absolutely needs its teeth kicked in.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Vodka and the disappearance of the commissar.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Russian restraint.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#6]
So fucking derp op. Do better.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:48:46 PM EDT
[#7]

How did Afghanistan hold us off for 20 years?

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Russia military not as good as expected.  Western intelligence and weapons assistance better than expected.  Result:  prolonged war, more death, more profit (financially and politically) for the globalist warmongers. Cost:  lots of unnecessary death, misery, and added potential for energy and food shortages to further the globalist agenda.  Evil at play all around.
View Quote
I mean, Russia could have just not invaded.  The only thing prolonging the war is Russian aggression.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

They certainly did not we went where we pleased.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#10]
You know exactly what you are allowed to know.

What answers would you like to squeeze out of this situation?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Because they're making genetically altered super soldiers in bio labs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#13]
It's going about as expected. It's effectively a stalemate that Ukraine will eventually lose if Russia wants it bad enough. The West will find a new shiny trinket to play with and Ukraine will sign a cease fire ceding territory when the aide dries up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Proxy war. Without US military aid Ukraine would have folded long ago.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did we roll artillery and knock down each city grid by grid square?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hold us off? Hell we spent 20 years training and equipping them
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same as Vietnam.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Russia has junk poorly maintained equipment, fetal alcohol syndrome conscripts. Ukraine has western weapons and "advisors" and first world educated troops
View Quote

Yea.  Probably 8 out of 10 guys on the ground are "advising" the other two.  lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo and Ukraine would’ve lost fewer lives and much less property damage. The US is going to destroy Ukraine in its quest to secure oil contracts, launder money and annoy Russia. Basically pirate shit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#22]
any video online in the past 20 years of average russians being russian answers the question

not that ukraine is any better.  they just have our tax dollars to throw at russia till they drown in it
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Unwillingness to do the needful.

Same as us in Afghanistan, Vietnam etc

Or Russia sucks ass, I'm not exactly sure cause I don't think we're getting accurate news
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Religion
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Bingo and Ukraine would’ve lost fewer lives and much less property damage. The US is going to destroy Ukraine in its quest to secure oil contracts, launder money and annoy Russia. Basically pirate shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let them fuck me in the ass if I don't resist, it will be less painful.

Really ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's going about as expected. It's effectively a stalemate that Ukraine will eventually lose if Russia wants it bad enough. The West will find a new shiny trinket to play with and Ukraine will sign a cease fire ceding territory when the aide dries up.
View Quote

When?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Same as Vietnam.
View Quote

We weren't beaten in the field there either.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Russia is in Ukraine killing their people and we are the pirates?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Russia is holding Russia back
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same as Vietnam.

I know this, it was a lack of communication on somebody's end in this thread. Probably mine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Russia/USSR has been wildly held as within the top 3 most powerful militaries in the world for the last 50 years.

What the hell happened?
View Quote

Theyre getting a lot of help. And they saw the writing on the wall from the last invasion during the obama admin. Preperation and lots of arms side deals.

But honestly, russia already won. All they have to do is sit and squat now for their to be an East and West Ukraine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Russian restraint.
View Quote
This 100%. I also don't believe Russia want's to control all of the Ukraine. Just the area's full of ethic Russian's that want to be part of Russia, and the areas with large natural gas deposits.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Russia has never been good at offense, only defense when their survival is at stake.  Even then generals have to point guns at their men to fight.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Theyre getting a lot of help. And they saw the writing on the wall from the last invasion during the obama admin. Preperation and lots of arms side deals.

But honestly, russia already won. All they have to do is sit and squat now for their to be an East and West Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the hell happened?

Who's getting a lot of help ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#37]
If Obama doesn't convince Ukraine to give their nukes up, Russia stays home. Instead, he tells them that Murica has your back and they hand them over to Vlad.

As far as your question, its a combination of all the answers given:

• Item 1
  • They aren't there to wreck, otherwise the Uke refugees come to Russia to be fed
  • Item 2
  • We've dumped a bunch of weapons and intel into their laps for the proxiness of it
  • Item 3
  • They aren't that good anymore. When's the last time they won anything? 1945?
  • Item 4
  • Defending their homeland gives the Ukes the advantage and they are using it

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Russia is holding Russia back
View Quote

Pretty sure having VDV, Wagner Group, and Chechen SOF units getting chewed up isn't "holding back."
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Russia has never been good at offense, only defense when their survival is at stake.  Even then generals have to point guns at their men to fight.
View Quote

I seem to remember months back you were sucking Russian dick. Did the taste spoil ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This 100%. I also don't believe Russia want's to control all of the Ukraine. Just the area's full of ethic Russian's that want to be part of Russia, and the areas with large natural gas deposits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russian restraint.

How do you explain their attempt to take Kyiv, in which they lost thousands of personnel and vehicles? Please don't tell me you think it was just an elaborate feint...
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I seem to remember months back you were sucking Russian dick. Did the taste spoil ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL, seems like many losers on this site get emotionally invested in dumb things.  I read the lack of pushback the first few days by UA as being soft, and admitted I was wrong when new data came in.  Now show me where I touched you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#44]
How bout IDGAF about either country and believe 0 dollars should have been given to Ukraine. I guess OP is perfectly happy with huge percentages of the money we send over there going to graft and outright theft. I swear you morale high ground people are soooooo fucking gullible.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Bingo and Ukraine would've lost fewer lives and much less property damage. The US is going to destroy Ukraine in its quest to secure oil contracts, launder money and annoy Russia. Basically pirate shit.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is an apocryphal story about at the conclusion of the Paris Peace talks an American officer told his North Vietnamese counterpart that the NVA and Viet Cong never won a major battle against the US troops.  The North Vietnamese officer thought for a second and replied "that doesn't matter now, does it?"

We may have bombed the shit out of Afghanistan, but at the end of the war the Taliban were still in charge and we were the ones retreating.

Wars are not won by weapons or technology. They're won by whichever side wants it more.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

LOL, seems like many losers on this site get emotionally invested in dumb things.  I read the lack of pushback the first few days by UA as being soft, and admitted I was wrong when new data came in.  Now show me where I touched you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only did you touch us, you blew us. Many of us.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not only did you touch us, you blew us. Many of us.
View Quote

Undoubtedly the most action you've seen since Gorbachev
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tell me, who was in control of the country after the war ended?

That's who the real winner was.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Will of Ukrainian people + western weapons and intel
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top