Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 5/29/2020 6:30:54 PM EDT
...strangulation, says Floyd had underlying medical conditions that contributed to his death.

Ut oh, sounds like murder/manslaughter may be an invalid charge.

"George Floyd died Monday from a combination of preexisting health conditions exacerbated by being held down by Minneapolis officers, not from strangulation or asphyxiation, based on the medical examiner's initial report.

Preliminary findings from a Tuesday autopsy conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found "no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation," according to the criminal complaint filed Friday against former officer Derek Michael Chauvin.

"Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease," said the complaint from the Hennepin County Attorney. "The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death."

Link
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The riots will be epic.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s Eric Garner all over again...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The plot thickens, and the defense team starts their strategy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Give it a day, as soon as the body is released Dr. Nick Rivera will do an autopsy for the family and find all sorts of injuries
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#6]
And Epstein killed himself.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
...strangulation, says Floyd had underlying medical conditions that contributed to his death.

Ut oh, sounds like murder/manslaughter may be an invalid charge.
View Quote

The article I read said that the actions of the police also "contributed".
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#8]
And so it begins.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh goddamn, this will continue to be fun to watch from 900 miles away
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Another tragic Coronavirus death.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#11]
NG on scene, curfew in affect. Riots should be calming down.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I suspected it was restriction of blood flow, not restriction of air.  Not sure there is a real difference.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like bullshit.  He didn't just happen to have a cardiac arrest on the spot for no reason.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#15]
What is this underlying medical condition that keeps getting mentioned?

Was it a heart condition or something else that could have been exacerbated under extreme duress?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Please don't confuse people with facts.  The verdict is already in and cops have to fry for touching a black man.

The other side of that is:  How come there's always some tiny justification that gets guilty cops off scott free?

Or so the narrative goes...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I would imagine more of an issue with compression of the carotid artery as opposed to the lack of oxygen from strangulation.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#18]
The knee to the neck was listed as a contributing factor to his death. Meaning reduced oxygen likely led to his death even if it wasn’t direct strangulation to death.

Eggshell / “but for” / sine qua non

Short version, Kneely is still on the hook and fucked.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck yeah! Let’s do this!

I really miss baseball.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#20]
People gonna go apeshit.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#21]
They better hope the medical examiner providing those results is black...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I called it. Saying you "can't breath" means you can breath. He's not the gem everyone played him out to be. The optics are terrible, but facts are facts.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#23]
He died because of slavery, redlining and Emmett Till. The New York Times told me so.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They better hope the medical examiner providing those results is black...
View Quote

Why?

He said the officers actions contributed to his death.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Most states follow what lawyers call "the Humpty Dumpty rule"

meaning in civil or criminal court the average citizen knew Humpty Dumpty might be an egg when you broke him...

meaning tough shit underlying medical cause or not...its STILL your fault you fuqqing killed him

the officer who did this is a piece of shit...period, and so are the other pieces of shit who covered for him

18 priors means another 10x probably never got reported. They need to stick his sorry ass in general population, which will never happen of course
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Was it a heart condition or something else that could have been exacerbated under extreme duress?
View Quote

My guess, the same afflictions and conditions that most anyone in America has who are over the age of 30 years old...what has kept the rest of us alive I think is not being pinned face down on the ground after a workout while having  someone plant their full body weight on our necks/back/hips/legs while doing it....
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My guess, the same afflictions and conditions that most anyone in America has who are over the age of 30 years old...what has kept the rest of us alive I think is not being pinned face down on the ground after a workout while having  someone plant their full body weight on our necks/back/hips/legs while doing it....
View Quote

Or three people
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

""Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease,"
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Another tragic Coronavirus death.
View Quote

Yes its sad.

Lock it down !
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The knee to the neck was listed as a contributing factor to his death. Meaning reduced oxygen likely led to his death even if it wasn’t direct strangulation to death.

Eggshell / “but for” / sine qua non

Short version, Kneely is still on the hook and fucked.
View Quote

Amazing how easy it is to read from that and yet most in this thread seem to be ignoring it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#31]
We investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Amazing how easy it is to read from that and yet most in this thread seem to be ignoring it.
View Quote

Because it doesn't fit with the facts they "knew" three days ago
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Extra-patellar cervical occlusion.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#34]
It doesn't matter what he had wrong with him, we was in police custody being physically restrained when he died. You break it, you buy it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sounds like bullshit.  He didn't just happen to have a cardiac arrest on the spot for no reason.
View Quote

No they are saying what you are saying. He wasn’t strangled to death, and that the knee to the neck combined with underlying conditions led to his death. And that WITHOUT a knee to the neck, he wouldn’t have died.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

We invested ourselves and found we did nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I called it. Saying you "can't breath" means you can breath. He's not the gem everyone played him out to be. The optics are terrible, but facts are facts.
View Quote

Eh...sorta.  He could have been having trouble breathing.  I know on Live PD suspects say they can't breath all the time and it's BS.  But Floyd wasn't moving at all, for quite a while.  Cuff his wrists and cuff his ankles and let him flounder a bout all he wants, but kneeling on him makes no sense to me, especially after he was motionless.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, the strenuous act of being in an altercation with the police in no way could bring on something like cardiac arrest from pre existing heart problems. Those usually happen when you are meditating or sleeping.

Still totally fucked up to have kept on him for so long, but not everything is a conspiracy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I would imagine more of an issue with compression of the carotid artery as opposed to the lack of oxygen from strangulation.
View Quote
  I think you've nailed it
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It doesn't matter what he had wrong with him, we was in police custody being physically restrained when he died. You break it, you buy it.
View Quote

Exactly why I never borrow power tools
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#42]
That's a riot
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Eh...sorta.  He could have been having trouble breathing.  I know on Live PD suspects say they can't breath all the time and it's BS.  But Floyd wasn't moving at all, for quite a while.  Cuff his wrists and cuff his ankles and let him flounder a bout all he wants, but kneeling on him makes no sense to me, especially after he was motionless.
View Quote
I don't disagree, but now the defense has a little to work with.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No they are saying what you are saying. He wasn’t strangled to death, and that the knee to the neck combined with underlying conditions led to his death. And that WITHOUT a knee to the neck, he wouldn’t have died.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, which means the third degree murder charges easily stand to be played out in court.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Hurr durr, he crushed his windpipe and them blood vessels that go to the brain...kilt him with his knee.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why?

He said the officers actions contributed to his death.
View Quote

This.  Nothing has changed
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Truth will not change outcome.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He had a heart attack which had nothing to do with four cops sitting on him, just a weird coincidence.
View Quote

Right. It DID have something to do with it because he was put under stress. From the reports he had some sort of altercation that I’m guessing got his blood pressure up and his pulse racing. Things that can be bad for people with heart problems.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Wait! Liberals told me that Cops killed him.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#50]
His knee was on his neck for 8 minutes 45 seconds.  Approximately 3 after he was unresponsive.  That cops is a murderer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top