Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2021 2:51:32 AM EDT
Hello, turns out I’m going to be in Orlando for work this week, and off the evening of the 3rd. I’m a huge space fan and have always wanted to see a rocket launch in person and want to go see the ULA launch of Starliner on Tuesday evening. I’m completely unfamiliar with the area but I’m staying close to MCO so it doesn’t look too hard to get to Cape Canaveral from there. Anybody in the area or familiar know where I should go to watch the launch? Anybody else here planning to go that might be willing to show me around? Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:16:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Take 528 east to cocoa beach, it's a strait shot to A1A/port/beach.

The launch window is 1:10 to 1:30 in the afternoon.

@Dagger41 can probably help with a good spot to watch from.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#2]
How far away can it be seen?
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Right off the side of 528, just before the Port. Traffic will be heavy, so go early, and be ready to wait a while. Hopefully the weather holds out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How far away can it be seen?
View Quote

Depends on weather/ cloud coverage, folks in Orlando can see it.

I'm about 30 miles north from the pad and can see it pretty well most times and hear a faint rumble.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Anywhere on the Indian River is good, though anything further north from 528 is slightly better/closer, so you may want to take the bee line to sleepy Titusville where there are plenty of parks to watch from but not much to do/shop/eat after the launch.

Well there are some things, but coco has more.

It’s a daytime and almost historic test launch, but it won’t be landing back at the pad.
I suspect it’ll draw slightly bigger crowds, but not huge ones a manned flights do, as NASA puts more propaganda  into those flights. you probably won’t face much traffic until you get close to the freeway, or on US1 right after the launch, it’s often better to park on the west side and walk across to beat traffic on US1 FYI.

I suggest watching from Titusville then escaping south via barna av and then Grissom parkway to downtown coco if you want to stay on the coast. for more details on coco you can ask dagger what’s best in life, in coco.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 1:53:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome thanks everyone!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top