Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/24/2022 10:38:45 PM EDT
This fucking asshat left his broken down International flatbed wrecker in the driving lane in the dark.

Piece of shit called another wrecker to come get it and left it there getting a ride away by a person that was passing by presumably because his license is suspended.  

Another man driving his wife and two daughters home from a volleyball tournament hit it,  Killing his wife,  breaking his pelvis and badly hurting his two girls.  

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2022/01/23/1-dead-3-injured-rear-end-crash-with-tow-truck-i-94/

"Officials say 43-year-old Mario Butler was driving a flatbed tow truck, experienced a mechanical issue and stopped in the right lane of the interstate. Butler called for help from another tow truck, but officials say he got a ride from someone else and left his tow truck where it had stopped. Investigators say Butler was driving with a suspended license at the time his tow truck broke down.

Officials say 43-year-old Tim Hagerott crashed into the tow truck, and the impact killed his 43-year-old wife, Kelli, and severely injured himself, as well as both his 14 and 9-year-old daughters."

This guy  driving the wrecker didn't have the common sense to coast to the shoulder apparently.  I have not heard if the loser put down any triangles or even left his lights on...  But I am going to guess he didn't.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that sucks.

A somewhat recent phenomenon I've observed (definitely increased in the last 10-15 years) is that cars turn into immobile boulders once the engine turns off. 15 tons of rock right there in the middle lane, completely immobile and unable to be moved to the shoulder 20 feet away with those round wheels it's sitting on.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the orange triangles that fucking hard to put out
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm guessing this would be a vehicular homicide case, if those are even worth pursuing in ND.  In SD, unless he was under the influence, it hardly even amounts to what you'd incurr from some traffic tickets back east.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Watched a woman run over a lit flare and 3 warning triangles and into the back of a broken down truck one time. That said the operator is a piece of shit for leaving his rig and the company bears some responsibility for hiring said ass hat.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Something kinda similar happened to a guy I knew a long ass time ago. He was driving up I35 through Austin late on a Saturday night. He came over a hill doing about 65MPH, the posted speed limit, and just past the crest there was a car stopped in his lane. Stopped. Abandoned. No lights on. He couldn't avoid, and hit the car. Totaled it and his car and fucked up his back.

Apparently the driver of the other car was drunk, decided he was drunk and should stop, so he stopped on an interstate, shut off his car and walked away.

Leaving your vehicle on a lane of travel ON A FUCKING INTERSTATE FREEWAY is beyond stupid.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Some famous people will get involved and a judge will reduce his punishment.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

In my state, you're automatically at fault if you hit any stationary object, including illegally parked vehicle.                

Edit: Why the hell did I post it as a reply to Chris?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:32:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Watched a woman run over a lit flare and 3 warning triangles and into the back of a broken down truck one time. That said the operator is a piece of shit for leaving his rig and the company bears some responsibility for hiring said ass hat.
View Quote

Thst sounds like that woman's problem.

This?

Hans, get the flammenwerfer.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

ND isn't libtard CO.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:15:49 AM EDT
[#11]
A co worker of mine died with his son by running into the back of a flatbed tow truck at highway speed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#12]
prison for this fuckstick
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:29:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Mario is a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd kill a fucker over that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:36:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Something kinda similar happened to a guy I knew a long ass time ago. He was driving up I35 through Austin late on a Saturday night. He came over a hill doing about 65MPH, the posted speed limit, and just past the crest there was a car stopped in his lane. Stopped. Abandoned. No lights on. He couldn't avoid, and hit the car. Totaled it and his car and fucked up his back.

Apparently the driver of the other car was drunk, decided he was drunk and should stop, so he stopped on an interstate, shut off his car and walked away.

Leaving your vehicle on a lane of travel ON A FUCKING INTERSTATE FREEWAY is beyond stupid.
View Quote

I did something similar on a stretch of 20 up in DFW. Came over a crest, doing the speed limit and bam... a car, no shit, with 3 wheels going about 10 miles an hour. Took evasive action and ended up clipping the rear driver side of the asshole.

My jeep got up on two wheels, thank god it didn't flip. Coasted to a stop on the shoulder. Went to check on the other vehicle. Fucking lady was whacked out of her mind on drugs and booze.

Oddly, enough, she was insured.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:51:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In my state, you're automatically at fault if you hit any stationary object, including illegally parked vehicle.                

View Quote

I don't say this to victim shame, but don't ever outrun your brakes.

I am guilty of doing so on occasion, but don't be in such a hurry that you won't be able to stop if something like this happens.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:00:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
My worst car wreck was somewhat similar. It dark and rainy at 4am on my way to work, going down the freeway. I was going 10 under the speed limit because of how hard it was raining, and the standing water on the road. Come around a bend in the freeway and there's a stalled car with no lights sitting right in front of me, I swerved and ended up spinning into the right side barrier and pinballed over and smashed into the left side one. About 6 others cars did the same. The fucker sitting in the middle of freeway wasn't touched.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:32:19 AM EDT
[#19]
About as bad as the asshat retards that stop under interstate bridges in a storm. Fucksticks start piling under there and leave almost no room for moving traffic to get through.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:44:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I am guilty of doing so on occasion, but don't be in such a hurry that you won't be able to stop if something like this happens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fucking kidding me? JFC

The truck was abandoned in a driving lane, at night, with no lights, triangles, flares, or anything to warn anyone of it being abandoned in a driving lane at night.

Who said the victim was speeding? Who said he was in a hurry?

Do you have any idea how dark some highways are and how an abandoned vehicle in a driving lane can appear out of nowhere even if you're driving the speed limit or even under (which is a citable offense in most placed depending on how slow you're going)? You except the victim in this case to drive 25MPH on a highway so he can doesn't "outrun his brakes" "when something like this happens"?

No, you're not victim shaming, you're victim blaming.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:51:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Thats terrible.

One of the main reasons I don't drive much Over the limit. I have dodged road debris and homeless pedestrians on numerous occasions on Portland freeways.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:01:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

ND isn't libtard CO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ND isn't libtard CO.

Wat?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:03:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Wull. Fuck that guy
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:20:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 4:53:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
and the company bears some responsibility for hiring said ass hat.
View Quote

Thomas J. Henry's private jet is probably already en route.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:07:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had this happen on my way to the airport at 3am several years back. 2 lane rural highway with no shoulder, 50MPH limit. Coming around a corner and I see a car just stopped in the right lane, no lights, nothing. I pull up behind him, put on my hazards, the guy gets out and asks me for a ride to the gas station. He reeks of alcohol.

No fucking way. I have a plane to catch and I'm not getting involved. I told him no, I'm late for a flight, get back in your car and turn on the hazards. He just responded with a sheepish "ok, thanks." As I drove away I could see his hazards come on. I called 911 and reported it, the Sheriff was dispatched. Never heard anything else about it. I wouldn't doubt that the guy just walked away and left his car there so he wouldn't get busted.

Also can't believe how many people just leave their cars in shitty positions when they get stuck in the snow. Maybe you can't back out, but I bet you could get yourself stuck some more closer to the shoulder so that nobody will hit your shitbox on summer tires.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:36:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I was once driving a overweight frac pump on  2 lane highway in Louisiana when an airline gave out and my trailer brakes locked up.  I was able to get the truck over as far as possible before I came to a stop.  Once I was stopped though,  there was no moving that truck.

I set out my triangles and started making phone calls to get somebody out there asap.  While I was waiting on the police I watched two different cars drive past my triangles and stop right at the bumper of the truck.  This was in broad daylight. I just knew I was going to see a terrible wreck.  Then a guy in a pickup ran over all of my triangles on purpose Luckily an officer showed up and could help warn traffic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:31:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth. It is easier than people think to do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well that sucks.

A somewhat recent phenomenon I've observed (definitely increased in the last 10-15 years) is that cars turn into immobile boulders once the engine turns off. 15 tons of rock right there in the middle lane, completely immobile and unable to be moved to the shoulder 20 feet away with those round wheels it's sitting on.
View Quote

The epic dumbassery on the highways today is astonishing.

Had a woman decide to stop (yes STOP), at the end of a major highway on ramp, with traffic (including myself) accelerating to highway speed right behind her.

I guess that text message was VERY important!
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:20:06 AM EDT
[#30]
That is really sad, truck driver should be charged with something.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:32:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Stripes - Opening taxi scene
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#32]
I have noticed very bad driving habits out of flat bed wrecker drivers around here.  Routinely camping the left lane etc.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:41:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't mean to victim shame but maybe they wouldn't have died if they didnt out drive their lights. Better yet, they should have stayed home. Leaving the house is dangerous. Nevermind that guy leaving his truck in the damn road.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I don't mean to victim shame but maybe they wouldn't have died if they didnt out drive their lights. Better yet, they should have stayed home. Leaving the house is dangerous. Nevermind that guy leaving his truck in the damn road.
View Quote

So, I guess you drive under the limit on the interstate at night if you can't use your high beams?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#35]
A friend of mine died the same way. ??
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Is “Mario Butler” also a Mexican national?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well that sucks.

View Quote

This.... I passed two weeks ago, at a county and state road  intersection, on my commute to work @ 5:30 in the morning, a pickup trying to jump a car in the intersection.

15 feet to the right... Was the lime rock parking lot to a old abandon country store that they could have pushed the immobile car to.

People are just fucking dumb and dont think or give a shit about anything.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#38]
It's been my experience that all tow truck drivers are low life pieces of shit. Just saying.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So, I guess you drive under the limit on the interstate at night if you can't use your high beams?
View Quote
You know that was sarcasm, right?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well that sucks.

View Quote

Passing drivers gave me some shit about that after an accident when the vehicle ended up halfway in two different lanes. They couldn't see one front tire was disconnected from the suspension and only hanging on by the half axle.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Hang him. Find his driving instructor. Beat him senseless. Find who hired him beat them senseless. Find the owner of the company best him senseless. I'm talking blood out the ears nose and mouth. Maybe responsibility can be sowed back into the land.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's hard to tell in this place anymore, the tards are taking over. I should have seen you aren't a 21'er and assumed it was.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Azzwhole couldn't pull over rather than leave it in a traffic lane? Ph*cker.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Then a guy in a pickup ran over all of my triangles on purpose Luckily an officer showed up and could help warn traffic.
View Quote

Wow!

This is an epic amount of retardation.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Fatal accidents are usually pretty well investigated. They'll find out if he had any markers out, hazards on or even if they were functioning. If they guy had no license and still out there operating a commercial vehicle I'd guess theres a list of violations on that truck a mile long. The shit really is over regulated and under enforced.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Guy lost his wife, and two children lost their mother all because some lazy negligent fuckstick

Asshole deserves a bullet behind the ear and a shallow unmarked grave
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well that sucks.

View Quote

The phenomenon I've noticed is POS driver who just don't GAF anymore just leave shit all over the place. Just like how now people who are in the wrong lane will come to a complete halt and tie up multiple lanes of travel so they can turn left instead of right.

Same people.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top