Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2021 9:54:50 AM EDT
No way could this be made today........  I'm just 4 episodes in so far.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Where did you find it?  Worth watching again
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did you find it?  Worth watching again
View Quote

Friend gave me the complete series on dvd.  Everyone is upgrading to streaming and I'm over here just now figuring out how to make the clock stop flashing on the vcr
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No way could this be made today........  I'm just 4 episodes in so far.
View Quote

Sure it could....
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#4]
DO you watch Chicago PD?  Same exact show
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sure it could....
View Quote

Not with the same language I'm hearing....
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#6]
One of the best shows ever.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
DO you watch Chicago PD?  Same exact show
View Quote

Noticed that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm really enjoying it.   Esp seeing Walton Goggins is in the cast.  He made Justified for me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Friend gave me the complete series on dvd.  Everyone is upgrading to streaming and I'm over here just now figuring out how to make the clock stop flashing on the vcr
View Quote

Keep your DVDs. They just take cancel stuff on streaming when it is no longer politically correct. Even if you've "paid for it."

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome series.  Worth watching again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Yup.  I too enjoyed the show.

First I thought it was normalizing police brutality (which to some degree it is) but then I got caught up in the show.

Quoted:

Keep your DVDs. They just take cancel stuff on streaming when it is no longer politically correct. Even if you've "paid for it."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Very much this.

Keep your physical media!!!

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
The Shield is excellent.... its on Hulu for streamers but I won the whole series on DVD
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#14]
That show got more and more evil as I watched each season.  By the end I felt like I needed therapy.  

Will never watch it again.  Main character is an evil narcissist.  You end up rooting for him the more corrupt he is proven to be.  

I had bought the series used on DVD and when I finished it I threw it in the garbage.  

Patrick
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That show got more and more evil as I watched each season.  By the end I felt like I needed therapy.  

Will never watch it again.  Main character is an evil narcissist.  You end up rooting for him the more corrupt he is proven to be.  

I had bought the series used on DVD and when I finished it I threw it in the garbage.  

Patrick
View Quote

That was the beauty of it. The ride is crazy and by the end you can't believe how bad he is.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Patrick
View Quote

It’s a TV show. Being entertained by the fiction won’t hurt anyone. You don’t have to throw DVDs away because the protagonist is a badguy.

It’s the Commish, anyway. He’s just pretending he’s Vic Mackey. His hair will grow back.

I can sit by your bed till you fall asleep if it helps.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It’s a TV show. Being entertained by the fiction won’t hurt anyone. You don’t have to throw DVDs away because the protagonist is a badguy.

It’s the Commish, anyway. He’s just pretending he’s Vic Mackey. His hair will grow back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Patrick

BES - Good to see you back, but be careful adding reality and logic to GD.
Feels tend to get fluffed up and shredded easily these days.

ETA -
OOPS - This thread is not GD, apologies to all.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

ETA -
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Patrick

ETA -

Oh shit, if DK sees me being snarky, I’ll get banned for sure. Did you see the near death experience thread? Arfcom has changed completely.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I knew I would bring on this kind of response.  No problem.  I can take it.  Been here for 20 years.  I have learned the art of not taking things personally.  

But...  Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way about certain TV shows like "The Shield"?
My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either.

Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like that to me in front of my mother. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someone's face like mine with my mother next to me. Just my thought.  

What do you think? Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to me in front of my mother.  And if not, you can sit by my bed til I fall asleep. Just like my mother.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I knew I would bring on this kind of response.  No problem.  I can take it.  Been here for 20 years.  I have learned the art of not taking things personally.  

But...  Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way about certain TV shows like "The Shield"?
My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either.

Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like that to me in front of my mother. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someone's face like mine with my mother next to me. Just my thought.  

What do you think? Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to me in front of my mother.  And if not, you can sit by my bed til I fall asleep. Just like my mother.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2153/gert-boyle_jpg-1822629.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow. This should be in GD. That was gold.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your mom doesn't wanna come over for hot pockets and The Shield marathon?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top