Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2020 8:12:26 PM EDT
I've been looking at getting a Tag, but I'm only in the beginning stages of watch addiction where I don't really want to pay that much for a watch yet. So I went with a Squale 1545,and since I've been watching a bunch of Urban Gentry videos recently, I decided I needed some more Seiko in my life too.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Just bought my first Swiss watch recently, as well. Picked up a Hamilton Khaki Auto. Really nice field watch.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just bought my first Swiss watch recently, as well. Picked up a Hamilton Khaki Auto. Really nice field watch.
View Quote

I was looking hard at either a Khaki or a Khaki King, but I really like the dive bezel because I'm lazy and it makes it easy to time my lunch break at work.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#3]
That Squale is nicer than any Tag...
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That Squale is nicer than any Tag...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

I know I've been whoring this pic out in every subforum, but I have no shame.

I love my Squale 1545GMT 40mm.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:36:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I know I've been whoring this pic out in every subforum, but I have no shame.

I love my Squale 1545GMT 40mm.
View Quote

As well you should be whoring it, nice pic and nice watch!
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:11:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As well you should be whoring it, nice pic and nice watch!
View Quote

Thanks!

Also, the 1545 GMT uses a robust movement. I've shot a fair amount of 9mm, 12 gauge, 5.56mm, .45ACP, and 7.62x39mm, and it hasn't had any changes in accuracy. That's a decent amount of shock for an auto to sustain, I think.

Mine runs about +5s a day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Squale and some other Swiss have some fantastic options in this price range right now.

Used to be, you forked over a ton for Swiss and Japan brands owned the lower end market.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top