Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2018 4:11:15 AM EDT
Decided to brew a Marzen beer as my first lager in an effort to dial in a recipe before Oktoberfest. Brewed on the 19th of June , so 3 weeks to the day and it’s pretty dang tasty . It’s going to need a little more time to condition but the head retention is excellent . It’s currently lagering at 36 in a keg. Photos to follow once the beer drops clear.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!  I always look forward to the different Oktoberfest beers!
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Got any equipment photos?  When I brew again, I plan on doing a lager. 
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I can take some , I’m just using a chest freezer with an inkbird controller to do my temp control and i have a beer fridge next to that for once beer is complete and in the kegs . I can ferment about 10-25 gallons at a time depending on fermentor size. I like doing 10 gallon batches though and I would need a bigger boil kettle to do much more than 12.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Here’s a pick from yesterday , not as clear as I want yet but it will drop . I agitated the keg on accident while trying to get the tap line attached to the keg before I poured.

The head is luxuriously creamy. This turned out more like a Dunkel than a marzen due to the 15srm Munich that made up 48 percent of the grist.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice to see someone else brewing lagers.

My festbier is the lighter German pils type because I'm in hillbilly land and they don't like them "dark" beers.
View Quote
Lagers are awesome ! Sometime soon I’m going to brew another cream ale and bump up the corn content from 10 percent to 20 percent. Probably going to make it as a lager using 34/70 as wlp029 is decently hard to come by locally sometimes .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top