Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2019 2:27:16 PM EDT

Cosmic hooker? I'm in.
That's the original FOX promo, looks like wacky fun!
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Love that series.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2019 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Over rated.  There is a reason it was cancelled.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
YOU SHUT  YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm just surprised that Joss Whedon hasn't been in the SJW news since he went full Libtard about 2 years ago.

I was starting to think he was going to self immolate with all his Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Joss Whedon's The Nevers HBO Sci-Fi Drama Sets Full Main Cast

https://screenrant.com/joss-whedon-nevers-hbo-show-cast/tldr/1

Everything You Need to Know About Joss Whedon's 'The Nevers'
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, the reason is that Fox is full of retards.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet you're the type of person who thinks The Wire was the best show on television...even though The Shield was on at the exact same time and was 10x better.

If Firefly was such a great show, why hasn't it been re-booted, like every other beloved show from the past?  I enjoyed the show, but I'm not about to give Joss Whedon a sloppy blow job for it.  Shit, Veronica Mars had a Go Fund Me that broke records, and now it has a new season on Hulu....I've never met a person who watched that show.  Yet, every 6-8 months, there is a "Jerk-off to Firefly" thread.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Every 6-8 months? Damn, we’ve been slacking...
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Every 6-8 months? Damn, we've been slacking...
View Quote
Well, there's a LOT of other stuff in the rotation, so we've had to start spreading the old favorites out a little further....
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Jerking off to Firefly gives me Serenity.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Reported
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:49:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yet, every 6-8 months, there is a "Jerk-off to Firefly" thread.
View Quote
Is that why you're here?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah, the reason is that Fox is full of retards.
View Quote
Yep, didn't air the pilot episode first.

They fucked that right up
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I bet you're the type of person who thinks The Wire was the best show on television...even though The Shield was on at the exact same time and was 10x better.

If Firefly was such a great show, why hasn't it been re-booted, like every other beloved show from the past?  I enjoyed the show, but I'm not about to give Joss Whedon a sloppy blow job for it.  Shit, Veronica Mars had a Go Fund Me that broke records, and now it has a new season on Hulu....I've never met a person who watched that show.  Yet, every 6-8 months, there is a "Jerk-off to Firefly" thread.
View Quote
Thanks to fan pressure fox offered Joss either one more season or a movie.
He took the movie deal
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 1:15:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m thinking you weren’t burdened with an overabundance of schooling. So why don’t we just ignore each other ’til we go away.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Mercy is the mark of a great man. *stab* Guess I'm just a good man. *stab* Well, I'm alright.

Joss seems to be avoiding doing anymore Firefly as hard as possible. I know they can do more good stories, because Joss and his brothers have some good stuff in the graphic novels they used to continue Firefly, so I have to think that there is some legality or desire to not work with Fox again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2019 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Keep saying stupid stuff like that and nothing in the VERSE will be able to save you!

Link Posted: 9/8/2019 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Mercy is the mark of a great man. *stab* Guess I'm just a good man. *stab* Well, I'm alright.

Joss seems to be avoiding doing anymore Firefly as hard as possible. I know they can do more good stories, because Joss and his brothers have some good stuff in the graphic novels they used to continue Firefly, so I have to think that there is some legality or desire to not work with Fox again.
View Quote
I really liked the original, considering it took work on our part(s) to get teh story straight watching them in order despite Fox fekking it up.

As much as 'more' might seem like a great thing, I can't see them successfully reheating that soufle, or, God forbid rebooting it from the top or even just continuing it with the original actors (minus Ron Glass) or especially even a new cast.

Sleeping Dogs, and all that.
You can't go home, again....

I don't see it as having the same magic without Joss, and Joss isn't someone I ever need to hear from again.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, I'm late to the party.

Fox didn't get the projected viewing audience they expected (mostly young males.)  Fox didn't understand the value of the audience they got (50-50 male/ female, more mature audience.)
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#23]
It's hard to get much of an audience when you don't promote it, keep moving the time slot, and air episodes out of order. A lot of people didn't discover it until it was over.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's hard to get much of an audience when you don't promote it, keep moving the time slot, and air episodes out of order. A lot of people didn't discover it until it was over.
View Quote
Yup. I didn't see all episodes until I picked up the DVD set.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is that why you're here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yet, every 6-8 months, there is a "Jerk-off to Firefly" thread.
Is that why you're here?
I'm jerking off to Summer Glau, not Firefly as a concept.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#26]
A Firefly thread without Saffron? Shame...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:20:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, he's right.  Your whore mouth is running. You should look into that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I just realized the other day that the writers borrowed the brown coat from John Wayne's grey coat in The Searchers
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#30]
New game out, "Outer Worlds".  Hard to call it "firefly influenced", more accurate to say "borrows as many elements from firefly as is possible without being sued".  One of the primary followers for your character is kaylee, except lesbian and with a different name.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

My days of takin' you serious have gone way past the middle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

...dude, your manpon's leaking.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:48:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yep, I'm late to the party.

Fox didn't get the projected viewing audience they expected (mostly young males.)  Fox didn't understand the value of the audience they got (50-50 male/ female, more mature audience.)
View Quote

Which is going to happen when the show was more expensive to produce than his previous ones and couldn’t garner the viewership of either when they were on smaller networks.

The show should have been sold to the SciFi channel and not even premiered on Fox.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll agree it is now overrated, but it didn't deserve cancelling.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm just surprised that Joss Whedon hasn't been in the SJW news since he went full Libtard about 2 years ago.

I was starting to think he was going to self immolate with all his Trump Derangement Syndrome.
View Quote

Oh, he's been in the news lately.
Hostile Work Environment on Justice League.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#37]
15 years ago Serenity premiered.

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be me.  I caught up with Firefly in probably around 2009 or so in no small part to people posting about it here in GD.

I saw Serenity in 2005 in theaters and had zero idea that it was part of a larger story.  It was pretty much just "Oh cool, a sci fi movie.  I'll go see it."

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Awesome TV series, loved it. Also check out the movie Serenity after you watch the series.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8JMs1_S7lU

Cosmic hooker? I'm in.
That's the original FOX promo, looks like wacky fun!
View Quote

With stellar marketing like that...no wonder nobody watched it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like Disney is considering murdering bringing back the franchise

https://lrmonline.com/news/firefly-reboot-coming-to-disney-barside-buzz/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CMy%20source%20tells%20me%20that,long%2Drunning%20series%20on%20Disney%2B.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#44]
It's amazing how poorly Fox understood what they bought.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's amazing how poorly Fox understood what they bought.
View Quote

Fox seems to like to fuk things up... their news comes to mind.  Do they have a political officer that everything has to go through now?
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 12:48:46 AM EDT
[#46]
it was a shame that Firefly was cancelled. I am not sure about any reboot since the movie "Serenity" kind of wrapped that show up partially at least.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
it was a shame that Firefly was cancelled. I am not sure about any reboot since the movie "Serenity" kind of wrapped that show up partially at least.
View Quote

It's not really a reboot. It's going to be Wash's daughter flying the ship.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
New game out, "Outer Worlds".  Hard to call it "firefly influenced", more accurate to say "borrows as many elements from firefly as is possible without being sued".  One of the primary followers for your character is kaylee, except lesbian and with a different name.
View Quote

I bought that game when it was released. I thought it would be like Fallout in space. It wasn't. Couldn't get into it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#49]

i know my Bible, sir.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's not really a reboot. It's going to be Wash's daughter flying the ship.

View Quote

Not saying spinoffs never work, because there's been some great ones. But in today's world, I just can't imagine anything coming even close to capturing what made Firefly great.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top