Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2021 10:05:40 PM EDT
I finished my Private Pilot check-ride on Friday.  I have 1,300+ hrs of military helicopter time, but the opportunity presented itself to finish my FW add-on basically for free so I did it over the course of the last six weeks.  Until the beginning of April, it had been like 6 years since I had flown an airplane, and even then that was in C310 aircraft..

Anyway, I need about 10 hrs for my airplane instrument (already Commercial rotorcraft instrument) and then 35 for my CSEL.

The best part of flying airplanes is the total silence other than ATC while flying solo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice dude. Oh, and you dont have to wear a helmet or have all the vibrations destroy your neck...
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice dude. Oh, and you dont have to wear a helmet or have all the vibrations destroy your neck...
View Quote

Yep.  I’ve got around 2.5 years until I plan to retire.  Trying to give myself more options.  I’ll hopefully be around 2k TT by then.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#3]
You might look into this organization:

https://www.rtag.org

Not a recommendation per se, I don't personally have any experience with them, but I've seen them talked up on some helicopter FB groups.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!

You looking to keep pursuing fixed wing professional flying after retirement?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You might look into this organization:

https://www.rtag.org

Not a recommendation per se, I don't personally have any experience with them, but I've seen them talked up on some helicopter FB groups.
View Quote

I’ll vouch for RTAG
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Congrats!

You looking to keep pursuing fixed wing professional flying after retirement?
View Quote

Yes, my buddy is the Chief Pilot of a company I used to work for on the side and it looks like I could finish my Multi and possibly have a job with them.

I still prefer helicopters, but options are something I want to create for myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top