Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2022 11:21:04 AM EDT
Vaxed and boosted (work and travel requirement).

Wife any I managed to avoid it until now.
Scratchy throat Sunday night, negative monday morning but positive by afternoon.  Dry cough.
Throat feels swollen and tight, maybe a little restricted.  No other real symptoms.

I have Paxlovid, curious if anyone has had issues with it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of test did you use?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Worked great for Biden and a bunch of others- I mean other than that rebound thing.  If your body is healing itself, which it seems to be doing,.....  The two drugs in it have a bit of an interesting history and studies seem to be mixed, especially with the current strains.  

Not medical advice, talk to your physician, do your own research, etc.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Only 1 J&J shot.
I got the ChiCom Rabies last week; started Sunday, fever Monday evening, then took test and went to Dr on Tuesday.
I had no fever Tuesday, but started Paxlovid.

I swear that made me exhausted! About an hour after taking it extending 4 to 5 hours. It altered taste too.

I don't know if I wouldn't have been better of not taking it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I had no rebound. And I was better almost overnight. Was actually really incredible.

That said my mouth tasted like I had Mr. Clean in it continuously. Really, really nasty taste in my mouth that nothing could overcome.

It was gross. So gross. That's all I remember.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not Ivermectin?

Are you the least bit concerned that after being vaxxed and boosted you still got covid?

Was work/travel worth the risk of the vax/booster?

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Wife and I were both prescribed Paxlovid just two weeks ago. Read the side effects. We had every one. We both wish we never took it. Just ride out the COVID.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#7]
My FIL has the moderna jab. Not sure on boosters, but I know he ain't getting more going forward.

Anyways he is on his 3-4 time with covid and the intervals between are closing up. This last time he was given paxoliod or whatever that shits called.

That was a month ago and he's still fucked up. Nobody in our extended family is jabbed or boosted and he seems to be the only one to continually keep getting covid.

When he has covid nobody does anything different and nobody else is catching it.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I was given it as a long shot after basically ignoring the symptoms for a week before I broke down and tested myself for covid.

Every time I took that stuff I’d feel awful and get this horrible taste in my mouth for about 6 hours. While that bad taste was there, I’d feel like I had lost about 2 days worth of recovery.

Basically, I didn’t start it right away and once I did, it made the covid symptoms worse. It was awful and I tossed it in the garbage.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of test did you use?
View Quote
Two different brand lateral flow at home tests.  Both were positive, although the test line was  much more faint than the control line.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why not Ivermectin?

Are you the least bit concerned that after being vaxxed and boosted you still got covid?

View Quote
I don't have Ivermectin available, and I've read positive feedback on paxlovid.   I had no issues with my vaccines or booster.  Yes my work was worth the risk.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why not Ivermectin?

View Quote

Still going with the whole “I thought you said the vaxx keeps you from getting covid!” narrative, huh?

You realize that sleepy Joe is the only moron on this planet that believed that, right? Except of course the morons who take what he says as fact.

I don’t care either way, but with all due respect, questioning someone’s decision to get vaccinated by questioning how they feel about it not preventing them from getting covid just results in you sounding intentionally uninformed.

If I took what you said wrong or my sarcasm meter needs calibrating, please let me know.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Vaxed and boosted (work and travel requirement).

Wife any I managed to avoid it until now.
Scratchy throat Sunday night, negative monday morning but positive by afternoon.  Dry cough.
Throat feels swollen and tight, maybe a little restricted.  No other real symptoms.

I have Paxlovid, curious if anyone has had issues with it.
View Quote

Metallic taste in your mouth for the days you are taking it. Kinda awful. But it goes away fast after you complete the course. I was feeling better but sort of felt like the symptoms came back for a couple of days after I stopped.

I was vaxed and boosted too. My GF brought it home after babysitting her grandkids. Symptoms were no worse than a bad cold. I’ve actually had worse colds before the Wuhan Red Death hit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Still going with the whole "I thought you said the vaxx keeps you from getting covid!" narrative, huh?

You realize that sleepy Joe is the only moron on this planet that believed that, right? Except of course the morons who take what he says as fact.

I don't care either way, but with all due respect, questioning someone's decision to get vaccinated by questioning how they feel about it not preventing them from getting covid just results in you sounding intentionally uninformed.

If I took what you said wrong or my sarcasm meter needs calibrating, please let me know.
View Quote
I had a similar feeling when I read his post and started typing a "Fuck off and get out of my thread if you have nothing useful" post - but I learned a long time ago to just wait before I say shit like that and take a breath.

I was opposed to mandated vaccines and all the bs that went with it.  I chose to get it for my own reason and don't regret it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#14]
My parents took it last week. Both 75 years old. Dad had a fever and cough at first. Mom had regular cold symptoms as well. They did the five day treatment and my 275 pound 6 tall dad had almost no symptom of being sick. My mom who’s diabetic was weak for the most part and had some low blood pressure during it. She’s almost 100 percent now. It seemed to work good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I didn’t take anything and got over it in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Poison and has side effects supposedly. I’d just go ivermectin or the natural supplement route as this “variant” is basically a bad cold, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Poison and has side effects supposedly. I’d just go ivermectin or the natural supplement route as this “variant” is basically a bad cold, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
View Quote

I don't know what variant I had, but it wasn't "basically a bad cold."
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't know what variant I had, but it wasn't "basically a bad cold."
View Quote

NO sh1t.  I figured I would have the "cold" version, since I went 2 years without it.  Wrong, I got knocked on my butt.  Almost as bad as the flu....... almost.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

NO sh1t.  I figured I would have the "cold" version, since I went 2 years without it.  Wrong, I got knocked on my butt.  Almost as bad as the flu....... almost.
View Quote

You made my point. Bad cold, mild flu, it’s called being sick. If you hadn’t had it before I’m sure it’s worse. People in bad health I’m sure can have problems just like the flu.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't have Ivermectin available, and I've read positive feedback on paxlovid.   I had no issues with my vaccines or booster.  Yes my work was worth the risk.
View Quote

So you took the shots that didn't work, So why not try a pill from the same people? Sounds smart.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Still going with the whole “I thought you said the vaxx keeps you from getting covid!” narrative, huh?

I don’t care either way, but with all due respect, questioning someone’s decision to get vaccinated by questioning how they feel about it not preventing them from getting covid just results in you sounding intentionally uninformed.

View Quote

I am just going to point out that they claimed early on this vaccine was the best vaccine they ever created.  Then now look at it, has the worst safety record and the effectiveness can be looked at as negative in some respects.

Now they want people to take another EUA drug with unknown long term side effects Vs a drug that has been on the market for decades that you would have to take a dose 50x the amount prescribed before a real issue appeared in most people.  The medical community finally provided proof that in many cases it is not trustworthy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I had no rebound. And I was better almost overnight. Was actually really incredible.

That said my mouth tasted like I had Mr. Clean in it continuously. Really, really nasty taste in my mouth that nothing could overcome.

It was gross. So gross. That's all I remember.
View Quote

That was the ritonavir. It is a gross gross gross drug  in terms of taste. For children who get it they suggest coating the mouth in Nutella and feeding a flavorful meal afterwards. An exec for the company who produced it once likened it to vomit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I was offered Paxlovid today but turned it down. I’m mid 40s, no major health issues. Currently just riding it out. Sucks to be sure but I’m relieved the non-lung variety seems to be what’s going around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top