Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
got a good deal last week on 7 boxes of 50....free...friend of mine said " we don't use 40 anymore, do you have one ?" Glad  I didn't sell mine when I bought the 9 ...
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is almost certainly not a Jefferson quote or even anything from that period.  People didn't speak that way.  More like how a modern person with a low-quality education would speak.  I'd have to see an original source before believing that to be a Jefferson quote.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That is almost certainly not a Jefferson quote or even anything from that period.  People didn't speak that way.  More like how a modern person with a low-quality education would speak.  I'd have to see an original source before believing that to be a Jefferson quote.
What do you find incorrect about the grammar or general construction of that sentence? IMO, the meaning comes across quite clearly and AFAIK, that is the ultimate test of any thought put to pen and paper.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What do you find incorrect about the grammar or general construction of that sentence? IMO, the meaning comes across quite clearly and AFAIK, that is the ultimate test of any thought put to pen and paper.
View Quote
The meaning may "come across" but if Jefferson didn't say it, its no different than that fake Hitler quote that kept getting repeated on gun forums for years
Falsely attributing something doesn't help a discussion on any topic.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sad to see, but I expect more of it.

We have a whole lot of companies that seem fine with supplying police and military but wish to limit what the honest law abiding tax payer can spend their money on, even thought their tax dollars are what buy the police and military their stuff.

Some of the people around me never bought hst or anything similar by the case.  They thought 20 rds for 20 bucks was the normal price.

Some of em don't even care that they could have saved money, and now will be unable to save money perhaps.
View Quote
I got an email from Shellback not that i'm in the market for a carrier and plates but I noticed this little tidbit at the bottom of the page:
Attachment Attached File

Wonder what their explanation would be for this restriction?
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got an email from Shellback not that i'm in the market for a carrier and plates but I noticed this little tidbit at the bottom of the page:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67501/shellback_JPG-736536.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad to see, but I expect more of it.

We have a whole lot of companies that seem fine with supplying police and military but wish to limit what the honest law abiding tax payer can spend their money on, even thought their tax dollars are what buy the police and military their stuff.

Some of the people around me never bought hst or anything similar by the case.  They thought 20 rds for 20 bucks was the normal price.

Some of em don't even care that they could have saved money, and now will be unable to save money perhaps.

Most companies that specialize in similar stuff are the same way. I remember when I first saw some of the Velocity plates the Army had that are super light. I looked them up and the first thing they mention is
THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO BE SOLD DIRECTLY TO MILITARY, GOVERNMENT AND LAW ENFORCEMENT CUSTOMERS. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PRICING, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WOULD LIKE TO PLACE AN ORDER.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
No returns on an item that can be rendered useless or dangerous by environmental conditions or tampering?
Pretty standard. No one takes medication or ammunition back either. Not surprised armor is in the same boat.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No returns on an item that can be rendered useless or dangerous by environmental conditions or tampering?
Pretty standard. No one takes medication or ammunition back either. Not surprised armor is in the same boat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point was the credentials required......it's bullshit.  You can buy level 4 plates from any number of online vendors.  Their business but they won't be getting any of mine.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Wonder if it has anything to do with insurance renewals?

Edited to add I know anyone can buy the 20rd boxes if they will pay the price but wondering if they feel x exposure is reasonable and enforcing this will lower their concerns on exposure?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Just came in today
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#10]
20 rd boxes are hardly socially responsible from an environmental perspective.

More packing material/wasted tree/plastic.

Seems more like an excuse to jack up the price.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
20 rd boxes are hardly socially responsible from an environmental perspective.

More packing material/wasted tree/plastic.

Seems more like an excuse to jack up the price.
View Quote
Pretty much. That said a smear campaign to shame them out of using “child proof packaging” would no doubt backfire.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Did you guys make a collective decision on what's the bee's knees
in 9mm now, in light of this?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm sitting on roughly 900 rounds.

Should last me the rest of my life, provided I quit my routine of running 100 rounds through a newly bought carry pistol to test.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’ve gone to .45, I figure if I’m using old tech hollow points they might as well be big.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I’ve gone to .45, I figure if I’m using old tech hollow points they might as well be big.
View Quote
Heh, looks like the 40 may be coming back into style then.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:22:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Heh, looks like the 40 may be coming back into style then.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone order from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes I have - have had no issues doing so in the past.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Interesting response from Vista this morning.  Who would be considered a non-direct customer channel?

Thank you for your inquiry. Our HST ammunition is available to all customers. We’re proud to offer competitive products and pricing based on technology, value and pursuit. The industry standard 50-round Law Enforcement packs are and always have been offered to the LE channel to meet their needs. There are often sales that occur outside of our direct customer channels that provide excess inventory of these packs to the commercial market. We appreciate your feedback and will consider it as we develop new products. You can find limited time discounts and promotions on a variety of Federal products by visiting https://www.federalpremium.com/promotions. We look forward to continuing to offer the best ammunition and service to all of our customers.

Thanks
Customer Service
Vista Outdoor Inc.
Customer Service 763-852-8709
1 Vista Way  Anoka, MN 55303
Email: [email protected]
View Quote
Thanks for posting this for the promo.  I just bought a case so it looks like I will get $50 back.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Winchester White Box JHP
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bought a pistol from them, went off without a hitch. Was surprised when they charged me tax, but then found out they are in Ohio.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting this for the promo.  I just bought a case so it looks like I will get $50 back.  
View Quote
Which promo did you use?    EDIT - I found it, thanks for jogging my brain!!!!  Rebates are good.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Was there a rebate for the HST purchased through October 2018?  Link?

I found another order from 10/24 and the current rebate page isn't actively listing one prior to Nov 1 2018.  I doubt they'll let 8 days slide.

TIA
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, but you cannot order new law enforcement ammo from them without LE credentials. Sometimes police trade-in HST is available, and when it is, it is not restricted.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone seen whether or not the Federal rebate covers 50rd. boxes of HST ?
Or are we thinking only the 20rd. boxes ..
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:22:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone seen whether or not the Federal rebate covers 50rd. boxes of HST ?
Or are we thinking only the 20rd. boxes ..
View Quote
I've been wondering this, too...was a 1-800 number on the rebate form for questions....worth an ask, but didn't want to hose everyone else if some have got rebates through and weren't supposed to.  I can't find anyone who says the 50rd boxes qualified and were accepted by Vista.

I've been stockpiling since the announcement, so I have lots and lots of rebates to file (for friends and family) on multiple orders. :)
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:33:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Winchester White Box JHP
View Quote
I thought about some Fiocchi 147gr hp also.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Found a place that isn't local to where I live, but isn't too far away from where I work as long as I go between morning and afternoon rush hours that will sell me HST in the 50-round boxes.  $27.  Used to be $18 (still says that online, but shows out of stock; they bump up prices for local CA buyers like a number of vendors here now.  The 9mm 124-grain that I use (standard P) was the only one not in the display case (not even labeled there), but when I asked they said that they had gotten several cases in that morning.  I should be able to get as much as I need.  The only thing that had a LEO restriction label on it was Ranger T.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
SGAmmo doesn't care, they're got HST in stock.
View Quote
Was going to post this.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Nothing on the current rebate says anything about excluding 50 round boxes. I am turning one in on Gold Dot.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Got a shipping notice at months ago prices. Just did the reorder button on a email from order when the panic started back in October. 500 more rounds on the way.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I got a box of 50 / 147gr HST f o SG Ammo about a week ago.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:30:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Received another 5 boxes today for the same old price. Not sure if I can order again, will try.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#34]
The places that are selling without LEO req's all seem to have a lowest price of 29.95. In the Q&A for 124gr on TargetsportsUSA they say that is the lowest price Vista will let them sell at.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Underwood makes a +P 9mm load using the Gold Dot bullet that is pretty much an identical duplicate to the Speer offering. It doesn't come in 50 round boxes, but the 20 round boxes it does come in are a bit more reasonably priced ($15.99) than the 20 round ass rape packages Speer offers at $20+. If I can't get a decent line on the LE 50 round boxes in the future, I'll probably just start buying Underwood as a "fuck you" to the Vista assholes. Remington Golden Saber would be a nice option as well if it wasn't for their shitty quality control.
Page / 18
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top