Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
It's an implementation of Real Time Payments, not a digital currency.

Yes, it will have problems, however, maybe we can get past the Nigerian 419 bad check scams. Allows for "push" payments to be sent, irrevocably, to another account. So if you send it, it's gone. Like a wire transfer. Think zelle for business

ACH should still be there for check writers and those who like the uncertainty.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Exactly. Fedwire system is fucking trash...and the technology for this has existed for eons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I imagine this is going to take the place of bankwires?

That would be fantastic....basically zelle on the clearing house level.
Exactly. Fedwire system is fucking trash...and the technology for this has existed for eons.

about time we updated out shit
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes, it will have problems, however, maybe we can get past the Nigerian 419 bad check scams. Allows for "push" payments to be sent, irrevocably, to another account. So if you send it, it's gone. Like a wire transfer. Think zelle for business

View Quote

please don't bring facts into this dystopian future circle jerk of a thread.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a legitimate threat to freedom. It’s a huge control measure. You’re blind if you cannot see and understand that.

ETA - topic of interest
@daveo
@defenderao
@viralinsurgency
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably start out with USD, then tether the CBDC to the price of the dollar and trade them. USD in, CBDC out. Then, once they have the USD, untether them and make USD worth more than CBDC. Kind of a new version of what they did with Gold in the 30's.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Was just 'discussing' this kind of thing with my SO last week.

I hope he sees this thread...
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd rather launch a few jdams at the fed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Everyone is going to take the mark of the beast, even those here or say they won't.

Very soon you will only have digital fed money and will be happy.

View Quote

It's past time to create a post quaker/amish reformed off-shoot religion that only allows trade in biblical money of gold, silver, and copper, and allows guns and self defense as a sacred duty to protect the family and community.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's no conspiracy.  It's a plan.

Reject CBDC and we break their power over society.

They tried it in Morocco and the people took to the streets.  After two days, the plan was dropped.  They remember the Arab Spring.  The people have the power, not dawt.gub.  After the federal reserve notes litter the streets, we need only flex our muscle by rejecting their CBDC and the central bank comes tunbling down.  BTW, they will make at least three attempts to impose it on us.  When the Reichsmark hyper-inflated, the initial replacement mark (still a currency) didn't work and only when the Germans tied it to mortgages did their new (third one) currency stabalise (so it took the Germans two tries).  We can expect at least three attempts.
View Quote

Like the vaccine, they are likely to force federal contractors to use it for business with the government, and possibly force them to use it for payroll, or be banned from contracts
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Sure, why not...

...its all just numbers in a computer anyways
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just want to know why a private bank has so much control over our monetary system, and policy?
View Quote

The Federal Reserve is charted by Congress under the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. There were 2 prior central banks of the United States centered out of New York. Both failed due to crony capitalism and political manipulation of the money supply.

The current Federal Reserve System is comprised of 12 independent regional banks and the Federal Reserve Board of Governors insuring each part of the country has access to meet their financial needs instead of all the financial services just supporting New York and the Northeastern seaboard.

It was formed because politicians were manipulating the money supply for their personal gain resulting in an unstable currency and financial services.  The Fed is charged with maintaining an efficient payments mechanism.  Thank God we don’t still use Puka Shells to buy goods.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Federal Reserve is charted by Congress under the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. There were 2 prior central banks of the United States centered out of New York. Both failed due to crony capitalism and political manipulation of the money supply.

The current Federal Reserve System is comprised of 12 independent regional banks and the Federal Reserve Board of Governors insuring each part of the country has access to meet their financial needs instead of all the financial services just supporting New York and the Northeastern seaboard.

It was formed because politicians were manipulating the money supply for their personal gain resulting in an unstable money supply and financial services.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just want to know why a private bank has so much control over our monetary system, and policy?

It was formed because politicians were manipulating the money supply for their personal gain resulting in an unstable money supply and financial services.

Yet those 7 “governors” are appointed by the president and approved by Congress.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yet those 7 “governors” are appointed by the president and approved by Congress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The real power of the Fed lies in the FOMC
The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) consists of twelve members--the seven members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York; and four of the remaining eleven Reserve Bank presidents, who serve one-year terms on a rotating basis. The rotating seats are filled from the following four groups of Banks, one Bank president from each group: Boston, Philadelphia, and Richmond; Cleveland and Chicago; Atlanta, St. Louis, and Dallas; and Minneapolis, Kansas City, and San Francisco. Nonvoting Reserve Bank presidents attend the meetings of the Committee, participate in the discussions, and contribute to the Committee's assessment of the economy and policy options.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

The US Treasury also receives all of the Fed’s profits.  (No profits for a while, though).

Yet people insist it is privately owned, go figure.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#15]
This isnt CBDC, but I think its the next rung on the ladder.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep. It will probably be the first thing CBDC will be applied to as they begin the transition.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
LMAO, anything with "Federal" in it is antithetical to anything with "leading-edge system that is resilient, adaptive, and accessible" in it
View Quote

I can see it now, stroll up to the ATM, put your card in, then your pin, then you get to hear the old school tones of a dial up modem connecting to the internet. Thinking AOL type speeds....
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Isn't it illegal for the Federal Government to compete with companies? This is competition. There is going to be a lawsuit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got bad news for you bud... 96.87% of US dollars in circulation are already digital.

This.

Yup.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Man, I wish I'd been born 30 years earlier.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s a precursor.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Catherine Austin Fitts opined that the Fed Res is slow walking CBDC because America is too well armed and the possibility for pushback is too strong.

@36:49 she starts talking about CBDC and gun control and urges everyone to protect the 2A.  If the 2A goes, those on top can push through their agenda faster.  

The entire discussion is worth listening to.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Catherine Austin Fitts opined that the Fed Res is slow walking CBDC because America is too well armed and the possibility for pushback is too strong.

@36:49 she starts talking about CBDC and gun control and urges everyone to protect the 2A.  If the 2A goes, those on top can push through their agenda faster.  

The entire discussion is worth listening to.
View Quote

That is a great video and I agree, the whole thing is worth listening to.  Two people I follow on this topic are Catherine Austin Fitts and Melissa Ciummei.

More recent discussion on Melissa’s latest perspective -

Interviews that propelled Melissa into the spotlight on this topic -

Nov. 2021

Dec. 2022

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#24]
So instead of taking three days for bank to bank or investment account to bank transfers it will take seconds.  What's not to like about that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Everyone is going to take the mark of the beast, even those here or say they won't.

View Quote

Some already did. The rest of us are shot free and never wore a mask off shame.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I better put my tin foil conspiracy hat back on.

Crashing banks ——> fed now ——> CBDC ——-> total control.

View Quote

FPNI

People will jump at the idea of being cashless.

When people realize the government controls how much you can purchase, how far and how often you can travel, etc., it will be too damn late to make a difference.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

FPNI

People will jump at the idea of being cashless.

When people realize the government controls how much you can purchase, how far and how often you can travel, etc., it will be too damn late to make a difference.
View Quote

I don't think so.  People are waking up to the dangers thanks to Pedo Pedro showing his hand.  Nobody except freaks and fools agree with his agenda.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So instead of taking three days for bank to bank or investment account to bank transfers it will take seconds.  What's not to like about that.
View Quote
Excuse me, this is a panic only zone.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

This right ere,
Metropolis in real life where worker slaves support a cast of elites.
Uniparty says hell yea.
For what it’s worth I’m away and at every bar for St paddy’s day, I have only paid with cash.
Several businesses had a cash discount too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This right ere,
Metropolis in real life where worker slaves support a cast of elites.
Uniparty says hell yea.
For what it’s worth I’m away and at every bar for St paddy’s day, I have only paid with cash.
Several businesses had a cash discount too.
View Quote

I just took a 5 day trip to FL.  

Operated on cash the entire time.  No electronic or card payment of any type.  

Fuck getting rid of cash.  It’s very versatile.  I’ll never buy into the cashless society.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Latest reports indicate 87% of millennials support this because they think they’ll get some mo’ free shat you tax-paying losers.

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Sounds trustworthy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This is a legitimate threat to freedom. It’s a huge control measure. You’re blind if you cannot see and understand that.

ETA - topic of interest
@daveo
@defenderao
@viralinsurgency
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA - topic of interest
@daveo
@defenderao
@viralinsurgency

No it's not, it's not another form of digital currency.

they are updated the archaic systems we have in place since the 1900s
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Air Currency?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't think so.  People are waking up to the dangers thanks to Pedo Pedro showing his hand.  Nobody except freaks and fools agree with his agenda.

View Quote

There seems to be more and more of those every day.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Doesn’t sound like a cbdc.  Sounds like something developed years ago and just now being implemented.
View Quote

Replacement for Swift?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:53:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I’m all for CBDC, many people do swear by it but I prefer the THC.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#40]
nvm
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#41]
dbl tap
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How about a system called "InstaBailout". The moment a bank nears insolvency, other banks auto-inject a freshly created bit of digital currency.
View Quote
The amount of currency manipulation that could be done would be limitless. If you can't physically touch it you don't really own it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'd rather launch a few jdams at the fed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Excuse me, this is a panic only zone.
View Quote
It's another incremental approach to tyranny. When the government wants to play just the tip you should panic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#45]
I smell a Rat!
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Sorry, your payment was not approved for this product or item...
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Mandatory compliance will be mandatory.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Mandatory compliance will be mandatory.

AI controlled home mass scale concludes that you have gained an average of three pounds in then last two months.   Your non-vegetable food credit costs will be doubled until your mass is reduced.  

Attempts to purchase diuretics to circumvent this restriction will result in your inability to purchase anything beyond vegetables, recycled water, and a 5 minute charge on your issued EV.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got bad news for you bud... 96.87% of US dollars in circulation are already digital.

This.

It’s an irrelevant factoid. CBDCs are completely different than the fractional/zero reserve system we use now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Vapor?
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And eventually control.

No more guns for you. You just bought one last month.

You’ve reached your allocation of red meat this month. Try some fish.

You’re carbon usage is maxed. Your gas usage has been suspended until next month.

We’ve noticed you made some disparaging comments on the federal government online recently. As a result your social credit score has been lowered and you will not be able to purchase those plane tickets to Hawaii or book that hotel room.
View Quote

So basically exactly what they do in China right now.  History doesn't always repeat but it does rhyme....
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top