Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2017 4:14:03 PM EDT
I’ve been DE shaving for 2 years. Normally every other day type of guy. Only experience I have with razors is the 34c HD but it was recently lost in travel. The 34c with a Astra platinum blade was my go to over the last 2 years with trying the feather blades every now and then but going back to the astras due to skin irritation from the feathers.

I wouldn’t mind trying a new DE razor if something on the market is worth it. I’m far from being educated in razors but I feel like something slightly more aggressive than the 34c would be nice. I’ve thought about an adjustable DE razor but read mix reviews on the concept.

I used proraso or Taylor of old bond soap if that makes a difference. Sometimes cremo also.

The feather AS-D2 is visually appealing to me and I think I would prefer the longer handle over the 34c. However, I can’t think but that it’s over priced and is riding on the “feather” name but maybe I’m incorrect in my thinking.

Anyone with first hand experience with the feather AS-D2 that would like to offer up their unbiased review?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You may want to look at the Merkur Futur for an adjustable.
I've read good things about Maggard razors, they have a selection of heads and
handles separate to custom choose the razor you want.
As well as a large variety of razors for sale.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you get the Feather razor?

I don't have a review on the feather razor or any experience with it, but you may try the West Coast Shaving brand.  I bought one on a sale before Christmas and its a super nice razor for the price.  It's not built cheap and it is a quality razor.  This is one that I have and it's a great razor.

https://www.westcoastshaving.com/safety-razors/west-coast-shaving-safety-razor-the-patriot-red-white-blue.html
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The Feather AS-D2 is a really well made, high quality razor for sure.
Personally its a little too tame for me. I myself have settled on the merkur slant.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 4:39:32 AM EDT
[#4]
No I didn’t get it. I just couldn’t justify it without some encouragement from others. Ended up with a q shave adjustable razor. It’s okay. Currently looking into others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top