Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2022 3:11:05 PM EDT
I know inexpensive is a relative term, but let's say sub $5 a stick for those of us who can't blow $3-600 a month. I just want something to relax with after work with a glass of rye.  I don't need a burn time of over an hour.

I'm relatively new to cigars and am still trying to determine what it is I like or don't like.  How do you figure it out with hundreds of possible choices, most of which seem to be in the $10-$20 range.  Not gonna lie, so far I've gotten the most enjoyment from a Java Mint Robusto but I can't swing $10 a day.  The Cohiba black was enjoyable to smoke but at $18 thats going to be a rare occasion smoke for me.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Cigarbid.com
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Bandidos!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cigarbid.com
View Quote

I know about CigarBid but prices still don't seem every day affordable for the few ive looked at.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Skip cigarbid and look on cigarpage.com and keep and eye on their deals.  There are a quite a few 5 packs for 5$ or less, including southern draw, Room101 and Rocky Patel just to name a few.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.cigarsinternational.com

Cigars International has good pricing, variety and they ship quick.  There's a lot of good sticks for $2 - $4 range.  Also, what gage/length/profile are you looking for?  Easier to make recommendations if you have that info.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.cigarsinternational.com

Cigars International has good pricing, variety and they ship quick.  There's a lot of good sticks for $2 - $4 range.  Also, what gage/length/profile are you looking for?  Easier to make recommendations if you have that info.
View Quote

40-50 gauge for the most part but a 60 is okay if I have more free time to smoke it.  I don't have any experience with smaller gauges aside from, say, a black and mild.

I'd prefer to keep it under 6" just due to time constraints, and 4" is probably ideal.  I don't have any shape preference but I do like hand feel of a box pressed.

I don't have enough experience to say what flavor profiles I prefer in cigar but I tend to like dark rye whiskeys and stout beers so that could carry over into smokes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Buffalo Ten hands down

https://www.2guyscigars.com/buffalo-ten-cigars

If you want a higher end but shorter format, the Aladino Petit Corona misses your price point by a little but it’s worth it IMO

https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/aladino-petit-corona
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I get the Diesel Unlimited maduro 6x60 on cigarbid.com for about $3 each. They have smaller sizes for similar prices. Not bad for my everyday smoke.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Cigar Page will get you into some good $4 cigars real quick. I like the Kintsugi in that price range.

Locally I like the Factory Throwouts for ~$2. I like any of the non-sweet varieties. They the best? no. But they do the job for me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I know inexpensive is a relative term, but let's say sub $5 a stick for those of us who can't blow $3-600 a month. I just want something to relax with after work with a glass of rye.  I don't need a burn time of over an hour.

I'm relatively new to cigars and am still trying to determine what it is I like or don't like.  How do you figure it out with hundreds of possible choices, most of which seem to be in the $10-$20 range.  Not gonna lie, so far I've gotten the most enjoyment from a Java Mint Robusto but I can't swing $10 a day.  The Cohiba black was enjoyable to smoke but at $18 thats going to be a rare occasion smoke for me.

View Quote
Cigarbid.com

I second this, it's a cheep way to buy and try a lot of different sticks. They have singles, 5 packs, 10 packs, bundles, samplers, and boxes as well. I will only give you one warning, it is the hotel California for many, the house of the rising sun for others. But hey, you only live in this form once, you might as well do like Schlitz said and go for the gusto!
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#11]
my go-to $4 (online) smokes:

AJ Fernandez Belle Artes
Oliva Masters Blend 3
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

AJ Fernandez Belle Artes
Oliva Masters Blend 3
View Quote
Where do you get those cigars for $4?

Just uhmmm asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#13]
usually on cigarpage.com - just have to watch for their sales
or cigarbid.com - free fall auctions

it helps that I have 300 cigars humidor and can load up in bulk
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a big variety price wise. About 300 cigars I'm guessing now. From Padtron and Davioffs down to some very cheap cigars. CAO has some good $2 cigars give or take. Macanudo if you like mild cigars. Been smoking some Grayclif and they are about $3 each. Diesel has been good and you can get some good prices on Cbid. I avoid 60 gauge. Maybe it's just me or the way I store my cigars I feel like on average I get less quality draw.

Cbid and cigarpage and from time to time cigar monster.
I used to order 5 packs from small batch cigars. Put them in one of my humidors. They were not $2-$3 cigars. The downside is 6 months later you smoke one and like it a lot you can't get anymore cause they are out or were small one time run. So that plan kinda meh.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I spent a little over $300 including tax and shipping on cigarbid the other day and got a mix of Nubs, undercrowns, cains, and camachos that are all good quality smokes. I ended up with 132 sticks. None of them were cheap or bottom of the barrel smokes, and those aren't unusual prices.

On famous smoke I got a box of papas fritas (25 count) with a ten sampler of drew Estates (undercrown 10, nica rustica, joya de nicaragua) toro size for $145 shipped. That's a little over your price range but not bad and the papas fritas are a damn near perfect daily driver.

Diesel has good cheap cigs and on their higher end the whiskey row line is a personal favorite.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:55:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I've tried many a budget cigar and I keep going back to jr cigar for their la finca in the ammo can. It's a good every day smoke and my go to for floating in the pool during hot summer days. The best part is you get a ammo can when your done smoking them I just throw bovedapack in and it doubles as a humidor. I buy them in the 60 ammo can bundle for around $120.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I spent a little over $300 including tax and shipping on cigarbid the other day and got a mix of Nubs, undercrowns, cains, and camachos that are all good quality smokes. I ended up with 132 sticks. None of them were cheap or bottom of the barrel smokes, and those aren't unusual prices.

On famous smoke I got a box of papas fritas (25 count) with a ten sampler of drew Estates (undercrown 10, nica rustica, joya de nicaragua) toro size for $145 shipped. That's a little over your price range but not bad and the papas fritas are a damn near perfect daily driver.

Diesel has good cheap cigs and on their higher end the whiskey row line is a personal favorite.
View Quote

I always try to keep some Papas Fritas and Nasty Fritas in the humidor.  Factory Smokes Maduros are another inexpensive smoke I like.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I always try to keep some Papas Fritas and Nasty Fritas in the humidor.  Factory Smokes Maduros are another inexpensive smoke I like.
View Quote

I want to try the nasty. But the box of papas came with a free sampler of pretty high end toro vitola sticks and that was too much value to pass up. Nica rusticas and undercrown 10s aren't cheap!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Famous Smoke hosts Cigar Auctioneer - Monster Deals and their regular website.  No other company on the planet offers better deals.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Partagas Legend. Just got a 10 pack on CB for $39.

They’ve taken over a bunch of my “usuals” and have quickly become a favorite. From a few nights ago

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Bandidos!
View Quote

People may laugh, but this was a decent recommendation.  $0.50 cents a piece and they smoke decent for a lunch break and if I set it down and forget about it no big loss.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm going to say JFR Lunatic's. I know most people think of more inexpensive cigars for the term everyday smokes, meaning not special occasion. I bought a lot of JFR Lunatics for $2 to $3 a piece and when I don't think of what I want I'll grab one to fill in until I know what's next.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#23]
As already mentioned, Factory Smokes Maduro.

Also, Quorum - Havana Q gets you a decent Churchill for under $4
Ashton Fumas

Just check these for soft spots, and pick one without.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 4:50:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Last time I was at the cigar international store in San Antonio I picked up a 25 pack of black ops Connecticut's because they came with a cool looking patch that I gave to my boy.  They turned out to be pretty good and they were cheap.  I smoked them on my way to work on nights and it was nice.  I would buy some again.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Partagas Legend. Just got a 10 pack on CB for $39.

They've taken over a bunch of my "usuals" and have quickly become a favorite. From a few nights ago

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293626/D18D4FAB-6FF8-4572-AEB1-6BA3C320103D_jpe-2563543.JPG
View Quote
Thanks for posting this.  I just got 5 on CB.  Figured I would give them a try.

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Flor de Oliva is hard to beat for a $2 stick.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
usually on cigarpage.com - just have to watch for their sales
or cigarbid.com - free fall auctions

it helps that I have 300 cigars humidor and can load up in bulk
View Quote

I remember when life was so simple… and before Cigar Page. This is PART of my OFFICE STASH… that doesn’t take into account a stuffed 24 bottle wineador at home and an overflowing locker at the lounge.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

AJ Fernandez Belle Artes
Oliva Masters Blend 3
View Quote

I bought a 5 pack of those olivas on cigar bid a couple weeks ago. Letting them rest a bit before i try one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top