BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wait till you get a callous on your back...then you have arrived!  (not saying you haven't arrived already, I have no idea )

I have an Ohio Power Bar...all I will add is a good bar is absolutely worth the money.
View Quote

Good. It'll fill in the callouses on my shoulders from the 140lb weighted vest
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#2]
My quick run with the iron cowboy bar came to an end.

I sold it as the quality was just not there compared to the Rogue power bar and I already have too many power bars.

It’s a decent bar but I will say that it just never felt solid.  The black zinc was flaking off after just one use and it was beginning to show bare steel after just a few weeks.  

I really want to try a Kabuki power bar but can never seem to justify the price.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
wait till you get a callous on your back...then you have arrived!  (not saying you haven't arrived already, I have no idea )

I have an Ohio Power Bar...all I will add is a good bar is absolutely worth the money.
View Quote

I remember having a line of skin peal off my back.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a rep excalibur during the lockdown after waiting ages for a texas power bar that never shipped.  It's a good bar, and the hard chrome is holding up well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven’t tried any high quality bars, but even my Rogue Echo is leaps and bounds above the random ones I have used in the past. Knurling that actually exists, and sleeves that don’t rattle. Definitely looking forward to trying an even better bar when I advance further.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm just going to be poor with my Cap OB-86PB. It's held up fine for 4 years of heavyish lifting for me. Knurling is pretty good, no whip with 500lbs and has taken a few drops with your issue.
View Quote
This bar is my general purpose 45# bar.  It's been pretty abused and isn't worse for wear.

My favorite though is the 30# Hampton 72CE.  I got one of those about 12 years ago because it's a 6' bar that's still 51" between the collars, and it fit inside the tiny workout room in my house.  It's not for anything heavy (it won't fit more than about 500#), but it's so useful to grab for just about any straight bar exercise.  ETA - it's the carbine of the barbell world.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Whichever one that’s closest and isn’t bent to shit.

I have identified a few bars around the gym I prefer over others, but almost any non-bent bar will work.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Whichever one that’s closest and isn’t bent to shit.

I have identified a few bars around the gym I prefer over others, but almost any non-bent bar will work.
View Quote

I get it, but a nice barbell is a game changer.  Especially with deadlifts.

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I get it, but a nice barbell is a game changer.  Especially with deadlifts.

View Quote

Truth.  A nice bar is a joy to use.  I love my Ohio Power Bar.

I've never used a dedicated deadlift bar though.  Worth a purchase?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Truth.  A nice bar is a joy to use.  I love my Ohio Power Bar.

I've never used a dedicated deadlift bar though.  Worth a purchase?
View Quote

That all depends.  
If you compete, do they use a deadlift bar or a power bar?

If you don’t compete and just like to deadlift, once you get used to the whip of a deadlift bar, you will never want to go back.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Texas power bar
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top