User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2023 4:40:44 PM EDT
What are yours?

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
warbird information exchange
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Airliners.net but there can be a lotta geeky folks on there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#3]
PPrune.com has good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

PPRuNe is primarily inhabited by European pilots, perhaps even mostly by UK pilots. You will find a lot of anti-American sentiment there. They think all U.S. flying is populated by cowboys and regulated by more cowboys (FAA). Fly single engine VFR at night? The horror!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Airline pilot central is ok.

Jetcareers is an extreme left wing playground and has been worthless for 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Secret Projects Forum.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

PPRuNe is primarily inhabited by European pilots, perhaps even mostly by UK pilots. You will find a lot of anti-American sentiment there. They think all U.S. flying is populated by cowboys and regulated by more cowboys (FAA). Fly single engine VFR at night? The horror!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, like I said.   Good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#8]
BeechTalk
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
BeechTalk
View Quote

That place gives me headaches.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Jetcareers is an extreme left wing playground and has been worthless for 10 years.
View Quote

There was a lot of good on JC back in the day.

IMHO completely jumped the shark on election day 2016 and has never been the same.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't overlook Facebook groups. I can't speak to fix wing, but there are several good helicopter groups.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 1:02:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't overlook Facebook groups. I can't speak to fix wing, but there are several good helicopter groups.
View Quote

At least for the Maintenance and related side of the industry this is the correct answer.

Most of the other places seem to be frequent flyers constantly bitching and a few knowledgable posting.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 1:06:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There was a lot of good on JC back in the day.

IMHO completely jumped the shark on election day 2016 and has never been the same.
View Quote

I spent hours upon hours on JC back when I was a young (unmarried) pilot and was close friends with some of the most prolific folks there.

It’s such a shame to see it become such a hostile place.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I spent hours upon hours on JC back when I was a young (unmarried) pilot and was close friends with some of the most prolific folks there.

It’s such a shame to see it become such a hostile place.
View Quote

Have to admit, though, JC launched a crapload of professional pilot careers. Doug Taylor is probably responsible for 50 pilots being hired at Delta alone.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Have to admit, though, JC launched a crapload of professional pilot careers. Doug Taylor is probably responsible for 50 pilots being hired at Delta alone.
View Quote

He has been hugely beneficial for lots of folks, especially with his NJC events in Vegas.

But in recent years he started really chugging the koolaid. When I saw his rant about how selfish it was to have kids I was done.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would agree,
If you filter out the flotsam/jetsam there is occasionally info to be gleaned that is pretty inciteful.
Some of those guy are definitely salty and have been “around the block”
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I enjoy reading AvWeb and once in awhile, poke in at Bold Method and General Aviation News.

I'm not a professional pilot and will never be, so those sites have little attraction to me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I think Purple Board is pretty comfy. Good on knowledge and experience, but not many Ron Levy types. They even have a Gun thread in the social section.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top