Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In my speculation portfolio, top 4 holdings are

GSVRF Guanajuato Silver
BYAGF Banyan Gold
ELRRF Eloro Resources
NKOSF Labrador Gold

View Quote

I have seen a couple of those. What is the quick and dirty DD on them?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my speculation portfolio, top 4 holdings are

GSVRF Guanajuato Silver
BYAGF Banyan Gold
ELRRF Eloro Resources
NKOSF Labrador Gold

Off the top of my head ...

Guanajuato Silver:  Mexican silver, early production, Tier One management, planning to consolidate the district and making deals.
Banyan Gold: Yukon explorer, proving up a multimillion-ounce  resource, great CEO who keeps delivering on promises.  It WILL be a mine, and likely bought out along with a couple nearby operations by a BigCo.
Eloro Resources: Bolivian polymetallic MONSTER discovery with a lot of tin and silver.  43-101 keeps getting pushed off as they can't find the edges of the damned thing.  Godzilla.
Labrador Gold:  Newfoundland gold, next to Newfound Gold and on the same Appleton fault.  Still waiting on 45% of assays from the 2021 program, so the price hasn't really run.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Guanajuato Silver:  Mexican silver, early production, Tier One management, planning to consolidate the district and making deals.
Banyan Gold: Yukon explorer, proving up a multimillion-ounce  resource, great CEO who keeps delivering on promises.  It WILL be a mine, and likely bought out along with a couple nearby operations by a BigCo.
Eloro Resources: Bolivian polymetallic MONSTER discovery with a lot of tin and silver.  43-101 keeps getting pushed off as they can't find the edges of the damned thing.  Godzilla.
Labrador Gold:  Newfoundland gold, next to Newfound Gold and on the same Appleton fault.  Still waiting on 45% of assays from the 2021 program, so the price hasn't really run.
View Quote

Exactly what I am looking for. Funny thing is I made a decent amount of my current portfolio on mining plays back in 08-09. Just haven't kept up on this space.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Exactly what I am looking for. Funny thing is I made a decent amount of my current portfolio on mining plays back in 08-09. Just haven't kept up on this space.
View Quote

The killing of my lifetime was with Wheaton River Minerals back in the early 2000s.  I was buying warrants on the open market hand over fist once I figured it out.  Some of it rolled into Goldcorp and the rest went into tech.

Coasted on that for a long time; just ignored the sector and put my head down and worked.  But I'm back in now; it's time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The killing of my lifetime was with Wheaton River Minerals back in the early 2000s.  I was buying warrants on the open market hand over fist once I figured it out.  Some of it rolled into Goldcorp and the rest went into tech.

Coasted on that for a long time; just ignored the sector and put my head down and worked.  But I'm back in now; it's time.
View Quote

Tech isn't quite my area. I love hard stocks, ie oil, gas, mining,industrials,shipping.

I mess around a bit with banking.

What makes you think it is time to load up? I'm heavy on the majors right now too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Tech isn't quite my area. I love hard stocks, ie oil, gas, mining,industrials,shipping.

I mess around a bit with banking.

What makes you think it is time to load up? I'm heavy on the majors right now too.
View Quote

Some of the factors are internal; some external.

I'm 63 and semiretired (not looking but will take on interesting work).  If I have a goal at this point, it's generational wealth, and this is the sector to do it.  Lots of failures, so you you have to do the homework and I have the time.

People can argue about the macro conditions, and COMEX, and whatever, but basic materials are always in need and exploration has been neglected by the majors for a long time now.  And they need fresh grist for their mills.  So they'll be buying the explorers who are derisked and proven up.  That's my focus.  I have some money with Crescat Capital's PM Fund, because their thesis agrees with mine, but I also like to manage a lot of it myself.  I read a lot of drill reports and stay on top of things.

If gold and silver actually run too, then BOOM.  I win.  Big.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My favorite one at the moment is HY. They are going through supply chain issues right now and are at all time stock price lows.

I'm the most confident about this one more than anything else that's currently beat up, at least that I'm aware of in the stock market, that they'll still be around in 10 years and doing well again.
View Quote

@eastriversd

Why do you like hyster? Divvy seems good. Don't know if it is just because of share price declines though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@eastriversd

Why do you like hyster? Divvy seems good. Don't know if it is just because of share price declines though.
View Quote

I do some manufacturing myself (and own a hyster forklift), and I completely understand what they're going through right now. Thing is, when they emerge from the other side of this mess we're in, they'll be smarter, leaner, stronger = more profitable. Add into the equation that traditional retail is dying. Looking at kind of a macro view, I'm seeing warehouses/distribution centers built all over the country as fast as possible, and don't see it slowing down. Warehouses need forklifts.

I like non sexy companies to invest in (HRL, MMM, MHK, KMB). Not a lot of crazy speculation. They are working on some sexy forklift projects though with fuel cells. They are looking to grow. And currently the most beat up.  

Another poster tipped me off a few months ago. Thread is archived now and can't give poster the proper credit, but here:

"Inside tip, Im buying Hyster, I work for a Hyster Dealership and we sell forklifts like they are hotcakes. Symbol is HY, they are developing fuel cell technology, supply issues have killed company this year, but they have posted a loss as they are investing tons of $$ into hydrogen and electric engines. (Electric forklifts have been around for decades, not new tech in forklift business so they have a edge on it)

They are way oversold and will be moving north, some analysis have targeted it at $100 a share, currently trading at $40. I just bought 4 grand worth.

Company I work for has 3 divisions: mining, material handling and farm equipment, Hyster is by far the best brand and the biggest seller. Stock is way down, would love for some ARFCOMMERS to make some money. Financials sucked this year for them, but they are about to turn it around. Factory is book up through springs with orders.

All this info can be found reading their financials and quarterly notes, no information is insider trading.

Market value is around 600 million, way to low I feel they should be valued at 1-2 billion.

FYI"
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Badass that's exactly what Im looking for. I do like industrials.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Started a position in hyster.

Loading up on SBLK, and GOGL (Shipping stocks with crazy high dividends)

PYZ is a good play too
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#12]
What is everyone buying tmrw?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Most likely nothing. Futures aren’t looking good at the moment, and without a reversal of the current trend, any bargains may be better bargains in subsequent days.

That said, the right news item on a watched stock could change that answer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I still think my favorite ticker is the one with systolic and diastolic measurements but what do I know.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 5:24:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Most likely nothing. Futures aren’t looking good at the moment, and without a reversal of the current trend, any bargains may be better bargains in subsequent days.

That said, the right news item on a watched stock could change that answer.
View Quote

this is what im currently thinking. plus a bunch of big earnings calls this week. that could lead to some serious swings coming this week.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I am nibbling a bit on VPU, O, and XOM. Mostly I am looking for some additional dividends and will let the Drips run even while watching the stocks drop in value. My plan is that these stocks will turn around in the next two or three years and I will profit from the current low prices plus the dividends that accrue.

I will consider buying more small amounts if/when the prices continue to drop.

I'll get back with you here in thee years or so and let you know if this was smart or stupid.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#17]
OOF. Wtf is going on with commodities!? My play of going heavy into commodities etf and stocks was smart until the last couple of days, damn I'm getting schwacked

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am nibbling a bit on VPU, O, and XOM. Mostly I am looking for some additional dividends and will let the Drips run even while watching the stocks drop in value. My plan is that these stocks will turn around in the next two or three years and I will profit from the current low prices plus the dividends that accrue.

I will consider buying more small amounts if/when the prices continue to drop.

I'll get back with you here in thee years or so and let you know if this was smart or stupid.
View Quote

I do like all of those. Another good one to look into is called DPG it is a heavy utility/mlp closed ended fund.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I do like all of those. Another good one to look into is called DPG it is a heavy utility/mlp closed ended fund.
View Quote

Thanks, I will give it a look!
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OOF. Wtf is going on with commodities!? My play of going heavy into commodities etf and stocks was smart until the last couple of days, damn I'm getting schwacked

View Quote

lol, yeah, as you know the sector can be wild and require an x-harness to ride.

I play the exploration juniors, where some are micros with low volume, and have to ride these things out rather than trying to trade in/out.  There are days when I want a puke bucket nearby.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going back to this one briefly.  ELO was pretty stable today in a world of hurt (down a tiny bit in the US [ELRRF] and up in Canada [ELO]), and I think it's due to some big numbers that Crescat Capital just quietly published as part of their own reporting on holdings.  Eloro has mostly been drilling and drilling, reporting drill/assay results but not talking about the big picture emerging.  See the comments here and following:  https://ceo.ca/elo?f305cf3d01d7
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#22]
MF! The rout continues. Gold mining etf, gold or silver direct etf, oil direct, majors or MLP etf, bdcs, banks, FANG all down.

Hell even ag manufacturing, and chemicals are sucking. Frustrating AF to not be able to find a decent safe haven here.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Homey don’t play this (wrong timeframe/analysis type), but SQQQ for market pessimists.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
MF! The rout continues. Gold mining etf, gold or silver direct etf, oil direct, majors or MLP etf, bdcs, banks, FANG all down.

Hell even ag manufacturing, and chemicals are sucking. Frustrating AF to not be able to find a decent safe haven here.
View Quote

Finding a good sector or two is hard to come by. I'm riding this out, changing nothing. Been through enough of these cycles.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#25]
not a favorite. but i could use some feedback.

thinking of selling my altria (MO) monday.

i'm up 40%. purchased in 2020. i think there are and will be better places long term for the money.

do own (BTI) so im not giving up of the sinning.

any thoughts? yes. no. who cares. i'm an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
not a favorite. but i could use some feedback.

thinking of selling my altria (MO) monday.

i'm up 40%. purchased in 2020. i think there are and will be better places long term for the money.

do own (BTI) so im not giving up of the sinning.

any thoughts? yes. no. who cares. i'm an idiot.
View Quote

I own all three of them plan to hold forever

I'd consider locking in gains. Basically sell enough to keep original amount. On a double I nearly always sell 50% and let the free shares ride. I'd consider selling some to lock in gains and then reallocate. My highest single stick is 15% portfolio, I like to stick around 5% max

Stocks like this are not for huge gains but divvies and to help keep parity when the rest of your portfolio grenades
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#29]
well that was interesting. seeing two people come out with less than agreement with my decision. i don't know anyone that invests in individual stocks. so i never get to bounce ideas IRL.  it felt weird to think about it in anything other than my thoughts.

i gave it some serious thought and kinda changed my mind. i'm not going to sell on the open. i don't need the money right now. just would like it to buy other stocks. so i ended up putting in a stop loss 1% below current price. i'll try to ride it up. before giving up on it.

i did buy it for the dividend. yet ended up with price appreciation. looking back at the stock chart. i got a little lucky. i would not buy it at todays price.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
well that was interesting. seeing two people come out with less than agreement with my decision. i don't know anyone that invests in individual stocks. so i never get to bounce ideas IRL.  it felt weird to think about it in anything other than my thoughts.

i gave it some serious thought and kinda changed my mind. i'm not going to sell on the open. i don't need the money right now. just would like it to buy other stocks. so i ended up putting in a stop loss 1% below current price. i'll try to ride it up. before giving up on it.

i did buy it for the dividend. yet ended up with price appreciation. looking back at the stock chart. i got a little lucky. i would not buy it at todays price.  

That's why arfcom rocks. The amount of content aggregation and bouncing back and forth intel is amazing!

It isn't necessarily about needing money, it is about risk parity. Why not lock in some of your gains, and start a small position that you roll into in another ticker you love? You still have the downside protection tobacco provides you, while dipping your toes in the water on your second play?

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I have stated in this section that I am going to ride out the pullback/recession/depression and keep buying stock with the dividends. But that doesn't mean I am right on my investing strategy. Simply means this feels right for me.

There are many other ideas. Those who sell all of their stock is a common strategy. I have tried this many years ago but it didn't work out as well as I expected at the time. Not knowing when to buy back in to stocks, I missed a great deal of the upturn in stocks.

One strategy I have considered is to sell 50% of my stocks and keep that money in cash. That way one could cut losses by 50% on the way down, and have 50% of stocks when the market changes to ride up until a comfort level is reached to invest the 50% held in cash.

Lots of differing ideas.

Waiting for capitulation!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Dayum I'm shocked to see my mining stocks getting schwaked today. Officially dropped below the break even point...

4 and 5% drops in roth and individual accounts is a bit shocking...
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:09:26 AM EDT
[#34]
WTF happened in the markets today? I'm at like 2% cash right now, it ain't looking pretty.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Bought 25 shares of Amazon early this week and holding for the 20/1 split. Hoping for a surge up after the split.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Bought 25 shares of Amazon early this week and holding for the 20/1 split. Hoping for a surge up after the split.
View Quote

I'm kind of thinking the same... I may try to procure 1 share.  I already did for Tesla. I used to think these were way overvalued, but I do love buying for spinoffs/splits.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm kind of thinking the same... I may try to procure 1 share.  I already did for Tesla. I used to think these were way overvalued, but I do love buying for spinoffs/splits.
View Quote

I am not real enthusiastic about Amazon's numbers as a whole, but I really like their business model. I can order items from Amazon and get those items sometimes the next day and no wear and tear on the car and no fuel cost. Yes I know, I pay for that in prime costs to some extent. Seems to me that Amazon is probably a decent long-term investment.

I have also had good luck in the past when stock splits.

So I guess I will find out if this was a smart move-or not.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#39]
We have some deals.

What are we buying?  It sucks seeing my TSLA down 50% after I finally buy 1 share after thinking it was not a real thing all these years...

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#40]
I am the Hyster guy. I am loading up on HY. Im the fellow who works at the forklift dealership that sells and supports Hyster forklifts. Totally worth looking at, company is severally undervalued, not too many fortune 1000 companies trading below 1 billion market cap.

I could be wrong about HY, but Im currently selling guns to buy more. According to the last financial release, they are still projecting to return to profitability in 3rd quarter and 4th quarter when their "high margin trucks" begin to hit the market. Their backlog increased last quarter when it was supposed to decrease. They are now sold out for a almost a year, meaning that if they had no more sales for the rest of the year, they could still operate their plant all year. Their backlog was reported at 110,000 forklifts. If America heads into recession this almost makes them recession proof.

They make small pallet jacks and trucks up to the size of the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjti0gI2ZHI

They continue to lose money on their fuel cell company Nuvera, which is viewed as a top 3-4 hydrogen fuel cell company in the world. Cetis Capital valued that part of the business at around 1-3 billion dollars, due to their strong patents. Hyster just sold the largest truck in the world to come with a fuel cell, watch the video above, they just sold one of those fully powered by hydrogen. They are hoping 2023 is breakeven for Nuvera. Hyster alone should be valued at least 2 billion, peer companies trade around 3 billion. But we are almost through the bad times and heading to a healthy profitable company again.

If Hyster had their back against the wall they could just sell Nuvera. Great time to buy, stock is near all time lows. Just remember it is low for a reason, they lost somewhere around 70 million last year and will continue to lose money until quarter 3. I bought in at $45 and it fell to $30, so take what I say with a grain of salt. The Russian war could hurt steel pricing as counterweight are all made of steel, that is something that could cause problems in the future for them, but I am optimistic and hope it stays low all summer so I can add more and more.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I am also going in on hy thanks to you about the only one that is up! Gonna go 3-6 percent of my portfolio in that one stock.

Speaking to backlog and recession. Can't companies just drop those orders for machines?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I am also going in on hy thanks to you about the only one that is up! Gonna go 3-6 percent of my portfolio in that one stock.

Speaking to backlog and recession. Can't companies just drop those orders for machines?
View Quote

Honestly I don't know! I hope not, I guess they could. There is always risk, but I like it, I think it is near bottom, Im in it for the long haul. Its a decent dividend. I could see it falling to upper 20s with the way the market is, but I am not selling. I think its super undervalued. I feel kind of bad touting it, what if I am wrong?

But if I had more money I would be buying more and more, someday it will go up, hopefully sooner then later. By year end it should be moving hard north. If fuel cell takes off, this thing will be insane. They are projecting global fuel cell market of 30 billion dollars by 2030. Hopefully they are right!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:04:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Honestly I don't know! I hope not, I guess they could. There is always risk, but I like it, I think it is near bottom, Im in it for the long haul. Its a decent dividend. I could see it falling to upper 20s with the way the market is, but I am not selling. I think its super undervalued. I feel kind of bad touting it, what if I am wrong?

But if I had more money I would be buying more and more, someday it will go up, hopefully sooner then later. By year end it should be moving hard north. If fuel cell takes off, this thing will be insane. They are projecting global fuel cell market of 30 billion dollars by 2030. Hopefully they are right!
View Quote

If you are wrong then that's the way the market goes. Way I see it, you've shared awesome DD for a company that fits what I like to invest in. It's way to hard to do insane DD on every stock so it's awesome to aggregate that.

Fwiw I like abml, and pyz as tickers. Abml is way long okay and pyz is good commodity okay, even though I'm under water on it. Like much of everything else, except shipping ?? tell you what I've made the vast majority of my retirement and regular portfolios off phenomenal sea shipping stocks.

Nothing quite as legendary as the daily plays on them in 08 though!
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Bump.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Bump what are we investing in now?
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Still holding a ton of ERX after buying during the COVID crash.

Buying and holding JNUG right now as well, my buy price is $52, so buying every time it goes under, plan on selling when gold hits the $2,200 price range.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Bump what are we investing in now?
View Quote

Bought some SDS as a hedge several days ago. I don't usually like shorting the market, but I think this may be a good time.

Sold out of Visa (V) and Lowes (LOW) a week ago.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#48]
DVN, Devon Energy.  Bought into my initial position spring 2020 at a bit over $7 a share.  Took some profits in early 21 which i rolled into APPH .  Worked my DVN position back up slowly.

Now the question is, the next dividend payout is $1.27 a share.  I'm debating taking the dividend and putting into my ETF's.  With this weeks announcement of the purchase of RimRock Oil, i'm leaning towards leaving the dividend in Devon.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm liking my tech ETF's, VGT and XLK

I've been playing with ABML and buying on the dips for well over a year now. Really loaded up well below a buck a share.
Their pilot plant, utilizing a new system than just a shredding and separating operation, recovering more with less effort and water use is going to be operational in 2 months. So tesla's ex-battery guy is setting up to recycle batteries just 10 miles from Tesla's gigafactory? And is working to open their own mining operation? I'm in to see where this goes.
I was just buying this for .70 3 months ago. Trading at $1.43 now. My average is .98  I believe it's a long hold. It's got to start producing and creating revenue. Getting listed on NASDAQ will be a huge boost as well.
And now that the gubmint has declared that we have this "Defense Production Act" thing going on, I see ABML and the others getting a lot of recognition.
View Quote

I just picked up some of this today at $0.70.  If you're still buying, it dipped down to $0.57 a few days ago.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top