Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/28/2022 10:15:36 AM EDT
What is everyone currently hot on stock/etf wise?

I've been loading up on MO, BTI, PM, OIL/GAS.
Couple plays in the nitrogen/ag chemical sector.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you consider yourself a day trader, the better approach would be VOO, VYM or SCHD.  Slow and steady wins the race.  For the wanna-be day traders out there.... DFEN.  

Good luck in your journey.

U
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you consider yourself a day trader, the better approach would be VOO, VYM or SCHD.  Slow and steady wins the race.  For the wanna-be day traders our there.... DFEN.  

View Quote
Agreed. The best way to become a millionaire in the day trading game is to start as a billionaire.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Unless you consider yourself a day trader, the better approach would be VOO, VYM or SCHD.  Slow and steady wins the race.  For the wanna-be day traders out there.... DFEN.  

U
View Quote

I am familiar with a boglehead portfolio. Yes I have it in some portfolios.

The goal here is to learn folks favorite tickers for consideration. Thank you for the reply though. For the record leveraged, or inverse funds have no area for including in my portfolio.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Sell all your stocks and mutual funds, and load up on puts on Taiwan based companies, with expirations 12-18 months out
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#5]
i have been loading up on space launch company stocks, especially when their stocks go for a major dip.  i don't see it as a near term win but i figure a few of them will hit it big in the next decade or so.  buy it cheep and stack it deep has worked out well for me on stocks as well
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i have been loading up on space launch company stocks, especially when their stocks go for a major dip.  i don't see it as a near term win but i figure a few of them will hit it big in the next decade or so.  buy it cheep and stack it deep has worked out well for me on stocks as well
View Quote

Tickers are?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:41:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Tickers are?
View Quote

LMT Lockheed martin, NOC Northrop Grumman, AJRD aerojet, RKLB Rocket lab, VORB Virgin orbit, SPCE Virgin Galactic, ASTR Astra space are a few there are also some ETF's out there that specialize in space related stocks
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Nitrogen fertilizers. UAN first. CF 2nd. LXU third. NTR, MOS too.

Look at all time UAN chart.  Nitrogen fertilizer is more expensive than it was when they were $300. They now have 2 plants, vs 1 then. They presell aggressively as they can't store that much on site, so they haven't made the cash from all time highs yet. I've posted this about 20 times in various places.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nitrogen fertilizers. UAN first. CF 2nd. LXU third. NTR, MOS too.

Look at all time UAN chart.  Nitrogen fertilizer is more expensive than it was when they were $300. They now have 2 plants, vs 1 then. They presell aggressively as they can't store that much on site, so they haven't made the cash from all time highs yet. I've posted this about 20 times in various places.
View Quote

I cannot get enough fertilizer, chemical or shippers right now. Higher percentage gains than anything I've ever seen. Just don't want to go 200% in those industries ??
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Right now my buy list is
O, VO, VYM, SCHD, KDP

My hold list is

CVX, KMI, AM, OKE, ENB

inmarch when the lock up ends I plan to buy more BROS

If you haven't seen the uranium thread then I the ones I like from there are DNN, URG, UEC
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Right now my buy list is
O, VO, VYM, SCHD, KDP

My hold list is

CVX, KMI, AM, OKE, ENB

If you haven't seen the uranium thread then I the ones I like from there are DNN, URG, UEC
View Quote

What's the deal with bros? I threw some it's way decided I wasn't missing a coffee IPO this time! Didn't know about a lockup
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What's the deal with bros? I threw some it's way decided I wasn't missing a coffee IPO this time! Didn't know about a lockup
View Quote

Ipo investors got in at 20 a share. They couldnt sell till march 15. When that hits a lot of guys will double their money and get out and it will drop. I got out of bros when it stagnated at 50ish and gonna get back in later this month
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Right now my buy list is
O, VO, VYM, SCHD, KDP

My hold list is

CVX, KMI, AM, OKE, ENB

View Quote

Are you holding KMI for the dividend? The stock finally moved this week but has lagged compared to the others stocks on your list.
I picked up 2k shares back when it was around 16.50 in Feb. and am now thinking about dumping it and rolling it into OKE.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you holding KMI for the dividend? The stock finally moved this week but has lagged compared to the others stocks on your list.
I picked up 2k shares back when it was around 16.50 in Feb. and am now thinking about dumping it and rolling it into OKE.
View Quote

Yes. Its just a dividend payer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why KMI over OKE? Just curious as I own both. OKE has been great and is paying a nice dividend

The old adage "Don't keep all your eggs in one basket"?
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#17]
VTI baby. Set it and forget it. End up doing way better than 90% of wallstreet bets.

I also have a small percentage in Apple, Taiwan Semi Conductors, and AMD
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Over the last two months my trading strategy has completely changed from small caps to playing SPY/UVXY.

been a great couple months.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why KMI over OKE? Just curious as I own both. OKE has been great and is paying a nice dividend

The old adage "Don't keep all your eggs in one basket"?
View Quote

I have the most in enbridge, then antero midstream, then oneok, and kinder morgan has the least of my midstream holdings. I just recently bought kmi at the first part of december when it dropped...

Im not a financial wizard, i just try to buy energy companies when they have a decent dividend yield compared to their history. I like midstream cause i think its more stable. That said i wish i had just put everything in Chevron cause my chevron has gone crazy.

We should start a thread called least favorite tickers.  I have some good ones for that thread
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 1:57:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Recently threw some bucks at FTCG a commodity etf.

Also, XLE, various defense companies, more mining, fertilizer and chemical stocks.

Purchased Vanguard Mega Cap Growth fund in a trad account. (only straight growth etf I own).

Taking a hard look at OIH etf too

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Ive been loading up on good dividend paying banks. Theyre getting killed right now. Good example is $trow

Fundamentals are awesome
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#22]
If y'all like your tickers, make sure you get your cholesterol checked.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#23]
DKNG
Buying the last couple weeks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Bailed on my BROS stock the other day at $44 waiting for lockup date, currently sitting at $58.00.

Appears not smart
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bailed on my BROS stock the other day at $44 waiting for lockup date, currently sitting at $58.00.

Appears not smart
View Quote

I bought more at $50.  In a few years, I think $58 is gonna like like a steal.  Their expansion has been going very well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#26]
What does everyone like for inflation plays? I've sold out a few of my individual holdings/took profits in a ret account, and gonna rotate these to etfs. Probably SCHD/SCHY

Otherwise, I am heavy in oil, energy, util, mining, fertilizer/agriculture (for my individual plays).

I did FINALLY throw some money at apple, microsoft, tsla, AMD, NVDA. Wouldn't you know they are all down 20-30%.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#27]
i bought ADM over a year ago as an inflation play. just sold some to lock in some profit. i won't buy it at todays price.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#28]
VTSAX
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Lets get some more tickers in here.

Ticker XT looks like an interesting play.

RLY is another one I am having fun with.

FTGC looked kind of fun for a play (commodities direct play)
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#30]
My top 5 are currently;

SPY
MGK
VPU
VGT

FTEC

I an not currently buying or selling. Unfortunately, I am down 3.5% so far this year, which I consider to be okay as last year was a record increase for me. I will reassess my positions mid-year.

I tend to be a buy and hold investor.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm liking my tech ETF's, VGT and XLK

I've been playing with ABML and buying on the dips for well over a year now. Really loaded up well below a buck a share.
Their pilot plant, utilizing a new system than just a shredding and separating operation, recovering more with less effort and water use is going to be operational in 2 months. So tesla's ex-battery guy is setting up to recycle batteries just 10 miles from Tesla's gigafactory? And is working to open their own mining operation? I'm in to see where this goes.
I was just buying this for .70 3 months ago. Trading at $1.43 now. My average is .98  I believe it's a long hold. It's got to start producing and creating revenue. Getting listed on NASDAQ will be a huge boost as well.
And now that the gubmint has declared that we have this "Defense Production Act" thing going on, I see ABML and the others getting a lot of recognition.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#32]
FSENX has done well for my family and me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#33]
ABML is a good find thanks!

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
ABML is a good find thanks!

View Quote

Three weeks ago, you could have bought this for .93
It shot up another 18% just today at $1.68

My post aged well.

Glad you like ABML. Tons of videos out there on who is running it and where it's going.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Three weeks ago, you could have bought this for .93
It shot up another 18% just today at $1.68

My post aged well.

Glad you like ABML. Tons of videos out there on who is running it and where it's going.
View Quote

I know I was trying to get in on it at $1.68 but my order closed out.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I know I was trying to get in on it at $1.68 but my order closed out.
View Quote

I set my limit too low today and missed out on buying some more too.

I think we may see a pullback to the low $1.50's. If so, I'll buy a little more. I feel anything under $1.80 is a bargain. Once this hits NASDAQ, it's going to get wild. I just looked back. I've been buying this 50-300 shares at a time constantly for over a year and a half now.
I said I was done buying at 4k....then it was "Ok, let's round up to an even 5k"....then 8 and 9k......well.....you get the idea. I found I just couldn't help myself.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think we may see a pullback to the low $1.50's. If so, I'll buy a little more. I feel anything under $1.80 is a bargain. Once this hits NASDAQ, it's going to get wild. I just looked back. I've been buying this 50-300 shares at a time constantly for over a year and a half now.
I said I was done buying at 4k....then it was "Ok, let's round up to an even 5k"....then 8 and 9k......well.....you get the idea. I found I just couldn't help myself.
View Quote

Got my limit in, and down 5%.

Did not know this was going nasdaq. I heard of it a few months back, and then forgot about it. Sure glad I remembered it though.

If the reddit crowd gets in on this, this stock is gonna be a multibagger...
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Should have warned you guys I was buying some of this. Never fails, down 20% within 24 hours
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Should have warned you guys I was buying some of this. Never fails, down 20% within 24 hours
View Quote

You bastards! I knew something happened and Arfcom was behind it.

Anyway....t's looking like they are about 50 days out from firing up their first small scale plant and facility/. Partnerships will be announced soon. They are already doing things with BASF and lots of talk with Ford.
More Tesla people coming onboard. The new BOD looks solid. They are laser focused on getting this up and running. The technology is cutting edge and proven. They are very transparent in their every move.
I've got a lot into this one. I'm holding long.

I'm also looking at other companies that are going into old mining sites and reclaiming the new, more technical metals that were in tailings and waste and are now working on making small modular plants to recover that material to sell to other industries.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Next time you want to buy something check to see if it has options, and I'll buy some puts.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

On sale ol buddy load up the truck, and diamond hands hodl ??
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You bastards! I knew something happened and Arfcom was behind it.

Anyway....t's looking like they are about 50 days out from firing up their first small scale plant and facility/. Partnerships will be announced soon. They are already doing things with BASF and lots of talk with Ford.
More Tesla people coming onboard. The new BOD looks solid. They are laser focused on getting this up and running. The technology is cutting edge and proven. They are very transparent in their every move.
I've got a lot into this one. I'm holding long.

I'm also looking at other companies that are going into old mining sites and reclaiming the new, more technical metals that were in tailings and waste and are now working on making small modular plants to recover that material to sell to other industries.
View Quote

Thanks for the DD. On the other companies, what are the ticker?

I'm transitioning from individual holdings to etfs partially in my retirement accounts. Ie sell out of a bank stock, put that same amount into equivalent sector focus etf.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm in MNTS, ASTR, TSLA, CHPT, LCID, EVGO, LAC, WWR, RIVN, NKLA, SOLO, XPEV, ARVL,BLNK, STLD, ALB, QS, RIDE, GOEV, GOOGL, VLTA, BYDDY, ARKK,
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#44]
My favorite one at the moment is HY. They are going through supply chain issues right now and are at all time stock price lows.

I'm the most confident about this one more than anything else that's currently beat up, at least that I'm aware of in the stock market, that they'll still be around in 10 years and doing well again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#47]
TSCO
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Thanks for the DD. On the other companies, what are the ticker?

I'm transitioning from individual holdings to etfs partially in my retirement accounts. Ie sell out of a bank stock, put that same amount into equivalent sector focus etf.
View Quote

I'm just adding to SQOOF a little at a time. I like their flexible modular plant model. And recovering the newer in demand metals from old mines is intriguing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm just adding to SQOOF a little at a time. I like their flexible modular plant model. And recovering the newer in demand metals from old mines is intriguing.
View Quote

That ticker is SXOOF,

another one that looks intriguing is AQMS
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#50]
What does everyone think about PRNT, the 3d printing etf?

As well as the sector as a whole.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top