Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2021 10:21:04 AM EDT
AC30 Top Boost
Small Tweed

These two just sing with any humbucker, P90, Tele that I have.

(Line 6 Pod HD platform)

I can't imagine the Matchless, Dr. Z, and Divided/13 models are truly that bad from Line 6 but I can't get anything usable out of them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Revv Gen Red
Mandarin Rocker
Archtype Clean
Matchstick Channel 1

HX Stomp

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Revv Gen Red
Mandarin Rocker
Archtype Clean
Matchstick Channel 1

HX Stomp

View Quote

I saw on YT a SXS comparo of the HX Revv to real thing and it was pretty damn good. I guess they nailed the matchstick in the HX platform, as HD has the D30 and chief(tain) and neither come close...
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
AC30 Top Boost
Small Tweed

These two just sing with any humbucker, P90, Tele that I have.

(Line 6 Pod HD platform)

I can't imagine the Matchless, Dr. Z, and Divided/13 models are truly that bad from Line 6 but I can't get anything usable out of them.
View Quote

They have any Trainwreck amps in there??
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#4]
The tweed model on my Boss GT6 & Katana is superb. It's my go-to. Really great when cranked up, responds to touch as well as anything digital I've tried. With low gain and a lot of volume, it's glassy and bell like, sounds like a Roland JC120 or a Twin.....but put some gain and a little OD on it and it really sings. I used it for everything on this track:

https://craiggibson.bandcamp.com/track/metric-ave

I like the Boss GT/ME/Katana models of a Marshall hi-gain, too...it's not really my go to sound anymore, but if I want a searing british lead tone it's awfully good.

I also really dig the LePou amp sims (VST/plugins). They're free, which is even better, but I've got several $$ versions that aren't nearly as good. The Lextac is a Bogner sim, and while I have no Bogner to compare it to, I love the tone. The LE456 is similar to an Engl Powerball, and also very good. I really recommend trying them out if you do VST's. I couple those with some of the free IR loaders. Almost without exception, I like a greenback 2x12 speaker emulation/IR.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The only modeling amp I have is a Fender Super Champ X2. The Fender Twin setting is awesome. I don't care much for the other settings.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They have any Trainwreck amps in there??
View Quote

My old DigiTech RP360 had a Trainwreck but i couldn't determine which of the Line 6 amps was a Trainwreck derivative.  The ones under HD are the only ones with Sag, Tube Bias, Bias Excursion, master volume, etc. where they really sound close to a tube...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have been extremely impressed with my Spark.  A quick and easy hack allows me to use it with cabinet speakers if I want to.  Nothing this amp can't do.
View Quote

Do you mean guitar cabinets?  What hack?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you are on FB, check out the Spark Amp Mods group.  Dozens of mods and hacks with detailed instructions of how to make line outs etc.

Many are using the headphone out jack with a summing cable, into a power amp then into a cabinet.  Some use with a Magnum 44 power amp pedal.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been extremely impressed with my Spark.  A quick and easy hack allows me to use it with cabinet speakers if I want to.  Nothing this amp can't do.

Do you mean guitar cabinets?  What hack?

If you are on FB, check out the Spark Amp Mods group.  Dozens of mods and hacks with detailed instructions of how to make line outs etc.

Many are using the headphone out jack with a summing cable, into a power amp then into a cabinet.  Some use with a Magnum 44 power amp pedal.  

Does the hack allow you to turn off cabinet sims/modeling?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#12]
For band volume it's my Ceriatone Chupacabra and for daily practice my Boss Katana 50.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't use a modelling amp or pedal but I do use Overloud THU and the amp I usually use is an amp modeled on the ENGL Fireball with a speaker cab using a Celestion V30 impulse response. I also often use the Fortin NTS suite from Neural DSP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top