Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2021 9:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astrocreep96]
Hi all,

Looking for some fall shaving soaps.  Currently using a Phoenix Artisan Atomic Bay Rum, as well as Oaken Earth of Mankind and Far Afield.

They're all fine, but I would like some Fall/Winter scents.  Maybe Stirling Gatlinburg?  Up for other suggestions.

Edit - ok well shit.  Bought Declaration Grooming Darkfall, as well as Southern Witchcraft Autumn Ash and Necromantic.  I will let you know what I think but I'm still up for winter suggestions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood and Citrus. I think they also have an after-shave balm in the same scent.

Warm...but not heavily so. Great product. Very sophisticated scent profile w/o being obnoxious.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 8:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JK_Pyre] [#2]
nvm
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 8:04:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JK_Pyre] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JK_Pyre:
nvm
View Quote

nvm
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Here’s my Stirling Soap yearly lineup…

Winter;
Ozark Mountain
Evergreen Forest

Fall:
Texas on Fire
Ben Franklin
Gatlinburg

Spring;
Bay Rum

Summer;
Varen
Island Man

All year round;
Barbershop
Frozen Tundra

Gatlinburg is definitely my least favorite
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I am jealous of the manly beards that necessitate so much soap.

I'm in my 40s and I shave 2 or 3 times a week. (I don't have to be clean shaven every day for my job) My last puck of shaving soap lasted me well over a year - possibly closer to two years. It was long enough that I couldn't remember for sure when I started it.

Or are you guys using multiple picks and just throwing away/storing the old ones?
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I got into DE shaving in 2018 and still have not gone through an entire puck. I purchased several pucks to cycle through because one scent for too long just gets old.

I recently bought some Proraso products which I like a lot too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 2:19:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NathanL] [#7]
Not the fall specific.

Central TX soaps, Mr. Pepper.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered some pumpkin spice, triple butter shaving soap from Sudsy Soapery last week. Should be a nice fall scent.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Fall PAA Harvest Moon
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
For what it's worth, the 3 soaps I mentioned in the OP all sucked ass.  They smelled like little old lady knick-knack halloween shops.

Live and learn.  And no, I don't grow an awesome beard and go through soaps like crazy, but I do get bored with the smells.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
For what it's worth, the 3 soaps I mentioned in the OP all sucked ass.  They smelled like little old lady knick-knack halloween shops.

Live and learn.  And no, I don't grow an awesome beard and go through soaps like crazy, but I do get bored with the smells.
View Quote
Southern Witchcraft apparently has some really good scents, but the one sample I tried was not to my taste. The soap quality is good though.  I don’t think I would buy anything from them without trying a sample first.  They apparently make some really rank ones.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Mitchell's Wool Fat.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:50:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#13]
Tabac. It’s an acquired taste.

ETA: You’ll thank me, a few years from now.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:
I am jealous of the manly beards that necessitate so much soap.

I'm in my 40s and I shave 2 or 3 times a week. (I don't have to be clean shaven every day for my job) My last puck of shaving soap lasted me well over a year - possibly closer to two years. It was long enough that I couldn't remember for sure when I started it.

Or are you guys using multiple picks and just throwing away/storing the old ones?
View Quote

At one time I had so many pucks that they many ended up going bad and had to throw them out.  Now I usually rotate between 4 or 5 different soap pucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top