Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2021 1:44:03 AM EDT
An Omaha man who came within steps of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, the day it was breached shutting down Congress, allegedly yelled for people in the crowd to take a police officer's shield.

Brandon Straka, 44, now stands charged federally for it.

FBI agents arrested him Monday in Omaha.

In a brief statement, FBI public affairs spokeswoman Amy Adams said Straka faces three charges: impeding a law enforcement officer during civil disorder; knowingly entering and remaining on restricted grounds without lawful authority and/or engaging in disorderly conduct in or near a restricted building to impede official functions; and engaging in disorderly conduct with intent to disturb a hearing before Congress.

He is set to make his first court appearance Tuesday.

In a seven-page statement of facts filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., FBI Special Agent Jeremy Desor said on Jan. 11 he learned about a tip indicating that Straka had posted a video on Twitter near the entrance of the U.S. Capitol shouting "Go, go."

Straka, who grew up in O'Neill, is a self-described "former liberal" and founder of the WalkAway Campaign, which encourages people to leave the Democratic Party. In October, he spoke on the same stage as Rep. Don Bacon at a rally in Omaha.

In court records, Desor said Straka spoke Jan. 5 at a "Stop the Steal" rally at Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., calling attendees patriots and telling them to "fight back."

On Jan. 7, a day after the U.S. Capitol was breached, he posted a 58-minute video of himself and described making his way through a crowd of people the day before and walking up the stairs to the U.S. Capitol.

The FBI agent said a review of his Twitter account on Jan. 11 didn't turn up any videos or posts from Jan. 6 related directly to his actions at the Capitol. But tips from the public with screenshots of his Twitter activity that day included posts where he'd said he'd arrived a few hours earlier "as patriots were storming from all sides."

One witness allegedly told the FBI Straka had posted a video of himself on the cusp of going in, saying "We're going in. We're going in."

He later deleted the video, but Desor said it was posted to YouTube with a description that read: "Fair use historical record of Brandon Straka storming the Capitol on Jan. 6th."

Desor said at one point in the video, Straka can be heard yelling "Go! Go!" as the crowd in front of him tried to push its way into the entrance, then  saying to someone "I wanna try."

Soon after, the crowd can be seen pushing past a Capitol Police officer, holding a shield.

That's when, Desor alleged, Straka yelled "Take it away from him," and people in the crowd grabbed it to chants of "Take it! Take it!"

As the officer tried to get his shield back, he was pushed deeper into the crowd.

Straka appeared to get within a few feet of the doorway when he turned the camera to record himself saying, "They're using gas. We're being gassed right now."

Soon after, a man is seen coming out of the Capitol, saying "We did our job," and another saying "Mission accomplished."

"The video ended with Straka still in the area at the top of the steps near the entrance to the U.S. Capitol but not having entered the building," the FBI agent wrote.

Later that day, Straka posted to Twitter, saying he was confused by people seemingly embarrassed this happened.

"… Be embarrassed & hide if you need to - but I was there. It was not Antifa at the Capitol. It was freedom loving Patriots who were DESPERATE to fight for the final hope of our Republic because literally nobody cares about them. Everyone else can denounce them. I will not.”

Straka said perhaps he missed the part where it was agreed it would "be a revolution of ice cream cones & hair-braiding parties" to take back the government.

https://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/crime-and-courts/omaha-man-arrested-charged-for-alleged-part-in-inciting-breach-of-u-s-capitol/article_69227a5a-0df6-5059-8570-faceb051dc85.html
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Not guilty.....fuck commies
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn’t see any siege.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Next will be people who post on the internet about it like OP.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:45:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank god they nabbed this traitorous insurrectionist trespassing on public property. If he'd have set the place on fire they might have left him alone.

It seemed to work for a lot of the rioters peaceful protestors.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Lol more of the brave men and woman in "law" enforcement doing what they do best. Serving the political interests of the state.

Also lol at the repetitive use of the word "siege". Programming the masses is so easy for them. I wonder who's behind it all.. who owns and controls the propaganda machine?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:07:29 AM EDT
[#6]
FBI should pull all the traffic cam video of the area- anyone taking a deadly weapon like an automobile near the scene must be in on it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:12:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
self-described "former liberal" and founder of the WalkAway Campaign, which encourages people to leave the Democratic Party
View Quote

So this is about them catching their escaped slaves and punishing them.

Remember when the US government used to condemn other countries for taking political prisoners?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Every morning on my way into work I pass 2 digital billboards for the FBI tip line asking people to call with any information on anyone involved in the Capitol Riots. In mid-Michigan of all places.

When I saw this thread I said to myself that this really is a National level witch-hunt, expect many more arrests to follow
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#9]
IDGAF.  Former LEFTY?  Sounds like a plant.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#10]
If security opened the doors, how can anyone be charged with illegal occupation?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I’d put good money Straka has done more for the MAGA movement over the past 4 years than you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#12]
It sure is convenient his video stated "Fair use historical record of Brandon Straka storming the Capitol"
That should make entry into evidence just a little easier.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Yet BLM and ANTIFA were allowed to rape, rob, burn, loot, destroy, murder and rape with no repercussions.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#14]
If only he had yelled "black lives matter", he wouldn't be in trouble.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yet BLM and ANTIFA were allowed to rape, rob, burn, loot, destroy, murder and rape with no repercussions.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/2OcFu56-590.gif
View Quote

Amazing the double standard in enforcement isn't it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Amazing the double standard in enforcement isn't it.

View Quote

I’m going to have to re-watch The war room episode but he was on days after the event and it sounded to me like he was down at speech. If so they’re going after him for leaving the reservation.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, he’s as solid as they come he has redpilled thousands probably tens of thousands.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:35:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Siege?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Every morning on my way into work I pass 2 digital billboards for the FBI tip line asking people to call with any information on anyone involved in the Capitol Riots. In mid-Michigan of all places.

When I saw this thread I said to myself that this really is a National level witch-hunt, expect many more arrests to follow
View Quote

Politicians have no problem letting entire neighborhoods burn to the ground but when a bunch of peaceful protestors storm the capital and take pictures, walk inside the velvet ropes, etc... they act as if it was the worst terrorist act the nation has ever seen. The don’t like when their power or authority is challenged. And are scared shitless of the fact a few thousand people could have done them harm if they do chose. They will use this even to further restrict the rights of the citizens and make examples of those that participated to keep the rest of us in line.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Saw one of those passing through the Novi/Wixom area and thought "Goddamn, the Nazi leadership would be proud to see how far US leadership and the left has come to their ideology." All the while accusing the other side of being the perpetrators.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lol more of the brave men and woman in "law" enforcement doing what they do best. Serving the political interests of the state.

Also lol at the repetitive use of the word "siege". Programming the masses is so easy for them. I wonder who's behind it all.. who owns and controls the propaganda machine?
View Quote

Broad brush strokes.  Most the cops I know say Babbitt was murdered.  Those were the King's guard, not cops. You should get out once in a while..

Critical Incident Briefing - January 9, 2021 - 600 West Van Buren Street
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I feel so much safer now that the dangerous gay insurrectionist is behind bars...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Amazing how fast they can move when all you did was look stupid, and your last name isn't "Biden" or when you didn't falsify an affidavit to a judge trying to interfere in an election.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Amazing how fast they can move when all you did was look stupid, and your last name isn't "Biden" or when you didn't falsify an affidavit to a judge trying to interfere in an election.
View Quote

THIS

FBI's existence is to protect the criminal elite and crush the little guy to keep him down.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Democrats hate when you are able to convince some of their followers of the truth.  Thats all this was about
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#26]
The fbi working hard to arrest you if you make the politicians scared. Sell out to china and it's nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean trying to storm the White House, throwing bricks at Secret service agents, burning down Federal buildings including a historical church,  (in Washington DC), Molotoving cop cars, and throwing pipe bombs at Federal agents at a courthouse in Portland...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#28]
FBI is an agency filled with cunts doing the Democrat cunts bidding.  Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#29]
I see the KGB is keeping busy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You mean trying to storm the White House, throwing bricks at Secret service agents, burning down Federal buildings including a historical church,  (in Washington DC), Molotoving cop cars, and throwing pipe bombs at Federal agents at a courthouse in Portland...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet if you try to storm the White House, now, stuff would happen...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Straka would appear occasionally on the Bannon War Room. He was a guest one evening explaining everything he saw going down at the capitol building. This does sound like a political hit job but I don't know what 'real' evidence they might have.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Saw one of those passing through the Novi/Wixom area and thought "Goddamn, the Nazi leadership would be proud to see how far US leadership and the left has come to their ideology." All the while accusing the other side of being the perpetrators.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that makes some sense, 1930’s Nazis were inspered by the Progressive movement in America.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Resisting   should be on there too
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So this is about them catching their escaped slaves and punishing them.

Remember when the US government used to condemn other countries for taking political prisoners?
View Quote

Exactly.  He's been physically attacked and had his life threatened.

Wanna guess what was done about that?

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#36]
disorderly conduct with intent to disturb a hearing before Congress

Is this a real law, or did they just make that up on the fly?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

If these idiots actually think that was a "siege" or "insurrection", they are going to shit their pants if they ever see a real one.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#38]
FBI is nothing but a bunch of pussy ass Karens with badges.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
You do realize the "converts" are often our best allies, right?  For they have experienced the other side and knows what is at stake.  George Orwell came to mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top