Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2022 7:48:38 PM EDT
So my son is in school and tracked for helicopters, had some issues with his Med cert, we sent the FAA everything, they then said not enough need current stuff, gave us an extension and he got the current stuff sent it in back in January and hasn’t heard anything from them at all. Nothing. Of course there is one phone number to contact them and they do not answer. No email contact, no other number etc. so the question is does anyone here have a contact at the FAA in Oklahoma for medical certifications?
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#1]
FAA Medical is glacially slow about responding and calling them only adds to the frustration.

Good luck to your son; I hope it's not something that is gonna cause a special issuance because they are an EPIC pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't comment from a pilot's point of view, but, I can say (as one who had to deal with FAA Medical
as a controller) that they are the WORST to deal with.

Glacially slow is turbo speed for them.

The biggest problem is that they are kinda like the Supreme Court, as in there is no oversight over them.

I hated dealing with them more than anything else in my career.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So my son is in school and tracked for helicopters, had some issues with his Med cert, we sent the FAA everything, they then said not enough need current stuff, gave us an extension and he got the current stuff sent it in back in January and hasn’t heard anything from them at all. Nothing. Of course there is one phone number to contact them and they do not answer. No email contact, no other number etc. so the question is does anyone here have a contact at the FAA in Oklahoma for medical certifications?
View Quote

They usually answer the phone in the morning….afternoon not so much.  Good luck
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you guys.. it’s been painful at best. Started in august, and could have been resolved with a single call, but here we are. They were pretty quick to say no though. Lots of fast efficient communication with that. ??
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Supposedly you are able to track the status in MedXPress now.  Try logging in and checking.  I’m not sure what they’ll show on there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Should you not be working the issue through your AME?

Many locales will find one or more AMEs who boast of being able to solve difficult medical certification issues. Perhaps try to find one of those to help.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should you not be working the issue through your AME?

Many locales will find one or more AMEs who boast of being able to solve difficult medical certification issues. Perhaps try to find one of those to help.
View Quote

@panzer: DON'T switch AME's mid-stream! All it does is add to the confusion. Been there, done that and regretted it.

Get in contact with AOPA- they have a whole department dedicated to medical advocacy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Problem is it’s my son that’s having issues, and he’s 20, in college about 4 hours away from where he got the initial physical. I’ll get him to check.

Again I do appreciate all the responses, good info I did not know before.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I see you are in GA. E-mail your local FSDO and see if they can help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top