Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 7:58:00 PM EDT
2016 F150 crew cab xlt

3 doors quit unlocking/locking with fob and door control.

Rear drivers side and tailgate act normal.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
2016 F150 crew cab xlt

3 doors quit unlocking/locking with fob and door control.

Rear drivers side and tailgate act normal.

Thoughts?
View Quote

They have a recall for that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's anything like the 2013 I have, the door ajar indicator might be malfunctioning. For me, it was a broken wire in the harness that flexes every time the door opens and closes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 2012 and the doors don't unlock after putting it in park, and the driver's door unlock button quit working. Drives me nuts. Especially when going to get the kids out of their carseats and I always have to get back in to unlock it from the passenger side.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Was it below freezing when they stopped working? My brother’s 18’ won’t unlock if it’s below freezing, even after the recall. If he’s lucky enough to have it unlock it won’t latch closed so he carries a ratchet strap to keep the doors shut on the drive to work on cold mornings.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]
My '19 250 just did that, went into the lock settings and reset to all doors lock. Still working as of now, this was about a week ago.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 2015. At a local sportsbar there is one area on that property where if I park the fob is useless on certain features...one of them is the doors. Its the only place I've ever experienced that has this deadzone...

Does yours happen in the same spot everytime or is it random?
View Quote

No all the time
And it’s not just the fob, it’s the interior electric lock/door lock won’t lock or unlock those 3 doors either. But both do work to lock the rear driver and tailgate
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If it's anything like the 2013 I have, the door ajar indicator might be malfunctioning. For me, it was a broken wire in the harness that flexes every time the door opens and closes.
View Quote

I read a lot about the door jam wiring harnesses with fords, I checked mine- all the wiring looks good no signs of pinches and such.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They have a recall for that.
View Quote

I’ll look in to that. All I’ve gotten in the mail is for the door bolt mechanism and latch- maybe I didn’t understand it right.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Try going into the settings and reselect the locking options. I had a similar issue and going through the settings fixed it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Ford has had an open recall for freezing door locks. They’ve had problems for years.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#12]
My 14 will do it if it has been wet/snowy and then gets very cold.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I have had 3 door lock actuators go bad in my 2014. Sort of a pain in the ass to replace but there are some good youtube videos that will get you through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top