Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2019 10:01:38 AM EDT
Right knee. Medial extrusion. Couldn't walk up hill or up stairs a couple of months ago.

Ortho did an x-ray and MRI. Added patellofemoral pain syndrome, quadricep tendinosis, a Baker's cyst and named it Jumper's knee.

Been rehabbing for a couple of months; resistance bands, lots of lightweight quad extensions, and no lifting. Doc says no more deep or heavy squats .

Started again with light running and did a 12k cross country race a week ago. Minimal soreness. Squatted to parallel with the bench under my butt with 75lbs this week. Maximum soreness. Much sadness.

Still do rehab exercises daily and wear a brace during PT and chore work. Any of you guys dealing with or dealt with this and have suggestions to cope/overcome? Getting old is such a bore.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Jacked mine up a few weeks ago. Haven’t been to doc yet. Hoping it heals but yea, the only thing aging beats is dying young.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap, not what I wanted to read

I’m 45, tore my left knee up at age 19, scoped, tore up again and didn’t get it reconstructed.

It’s hurt off and on for almost 25 years and I have severe atrophy from favoring it.

It is hurting bad now and I need to go see the doctor.

Link Posted: 5/27/2019 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Jacked mine up a few weeks ago. Haven't been to doc yet. Hoping it heals but yea, the only thing aging beats is dying young.
View Quote
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

Definitely helped me before I got to see the doc and we figured out what fun things I did.

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top