Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2021 10:50:16 PM EDT
Any recommendation for a good, non-political book about the expansion of humans (homo sapiens), i.e., how the different "races" developed (Caucasus, East Asian, African, etc.)? Just something I've always been curious about.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 11:05:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbanredneck] [#1]
There was a good tv series narrated by Alec baldwin I believe. I know he is a douche but I liked his Thomas the Train narration too.

Found it... walking with cave men
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll see if I can find it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
New human ancestors are being discovered

Scientists announced on June 25, 2021 that a skull discovered in Northeast China represents a newly discovered human species they have named Homo longi or “Dragon Man”, and the lineage may replace Neanderthals as our closest relatives.

Fragments of the finger bone were recovered from Denisova cave in the Altai mountain range that straddles Russia, Mongolia, China and Kazakhstan. The cave was occupied by humans for 125,000 years and a variety of stone tools and bones have been recovered.
The size of the bone has led scientists to believe it came from a child, aged between five and seven, though they are unable to say whether it was male or female.
Scientists at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, ran genetic tests on the bone fragments and were stunned to find it did not match the DNA profile of Neanderthals or early modern
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top