Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2022 7:07:47 PM EDT
Hello,

I have really been wanting to make excellent venison chili (beans or no beans is welcome). I need some ideas or recipes. I would imagine venison chili would be the same as regular beef chili? I like the idea of bacon in there, nothing too spicy, although I love spicy no one in my immediate circle does. I don’t like beer, the one time I had beer chili, it was gross and tasted like budlight. Please hit me with what you like the best. Thank you kindly.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I am no chef or cook.  But I like beans in my regular chili, but venison chili, that's a hard no on the beans.  Venison chili is more like a beef tips (unless you are going for ground venison) which are totally different things.  Which you trying to do?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I won’t be using ground venison. I have a bunch of chunks from the shoulder(?) not sure which part of the deer it’s from honestly.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Just finished prepping a batch to bring to a cookout tomorrow. I use my Instant Pot for a slow cooker. Usually slow cook on the high setting for the first couple hours then medium for the rest because I tend to prep it the day before and keep it in the refrigerator.

1-3/4 lb venison stew meat
2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 green pepper and 1/2 red pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 15 oz can Bush Mild Chili Red Beans, drained, medium is ok too
1 15 oz can Bush Mild Chili Black Beans, drained, medium is ok too
1 28 oz can Hunt's diced tomatoes, drained
2 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2-1/2 tablespoons Tabasco Sauce

Brown meat well. Saute onions and minced garlic, then peppers in juices from the meat over medium/high heat add olive oil as necessary. Place remaining ingredients in Instant Pot and stir well, slow cook at least 5 hours.

ETA: It's good with ground venison too but I prefer stew meat. Sometimes I grab a pack of stew meat and use ground venison to make up what I need to get to the 1-3/4lb. I tried it with ground bison once and it was awful. Using a complete red pepper instead of just half makes it not as good. One of these days I'll try it with more venison and no beans but this recipe works well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top