Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2021 6:23:22 AM EDT
Anyone tried this?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the best spreadsheet simulator I've ever seen.  

Just be prepared for grinding.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I played for a while. It takes a lot of time that I don't have, so I don't a much. My advice if you do hop in, don't fly a ship you can't afford to lose. I only have a few billion in liquid assets and a few billion more in ships. Thats not a lot of money.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I've tried to avoid online gaming because I knew I'd get sucked into this and waste my time.  

I'm currently in a situation with plenty of free time and no serious responsibilities.  I think YT saw my various searches so started putting this game in my advertising feed.  It looks like a fun game that I could passively play.

Any recommendations on empires or corporations?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
May want to look into Eve Echoes. It hasn't been out that long.

It's basically Eve mobile.

You can run it (like most do) on a sim (like Nox) on your pc.

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Tried it out a decade ago.  Accounting in Space !
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone tried this?
View Quote

You want a second job that doesn’t pay you a cent? Go ahead and play! There is nothing passive about EVE.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any recommendations on empires or corporations?
View Quote

Check out Brave.  My buddy still plays in it regularly.  They used to be the corporation for newbies to do pvp, probably still are.

Ever heard of Sean Smith from the Benghazi attack?  He was known as Vilerat in Eve.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/sean-smith-vilerat/

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Check out Brave.  My buddy still plays in it regularly.  They used to be the corporation for newbies to do pvp, probably still are.

Ever heard of Sean Smith from the Benghazi attack?  He was known as Vilerat in Eve.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/sean-smith-vilerat/

View Quote
Played along side him back when I was in null many years ago.  Never knew he was that guy until a bit after it.   Was kinda erie listening to a podcast where people were recalling him and what he did in game, including the last night he was on comms where he said "shit, gunfire" or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You want a second job that doesn’t pay you a cent? Go ahead and play! There is nothing passive about EVE.
View Quote

This. I haven't played in years but I seriously doubt they could have fixed the meta in that game.

If someone were going to get into the game regardless of my advice for them not to, I'd hope they would at least follow my advice about sticking to small corps where you know the majority of people in real life, or you at least form strong internet friendships with them, and stick to low sec piracy or high sec warfare. The most fun I ever had in eve was in a small corp like that. I could log in, do my thing, help a buddy out, etc. and then go do whatever else. Null sec corps/alliances, galaxy wide wars, etc. and it became a second job just to show up and stick around for stuff. Even if those corps/alliances were paying for your ships and such, you still also needed to play for a income source to keep advancing yourself so it was actually more like having two jobs. Even after I setup an alt account to run high sec manufacturing with high sec POS and basically had a license to print money it still took quite a bit of micromanagement to keep things running.

edit: FWIW, there are some books titled "Empires of EVE" that is basically the history of game. It would kind of give you an idea of how...intricate...the meta gameplay can be in null. This video is long, but it's a good listen and gives you a taste of the books. And for me...it's kinda cool to see a book written about shit I participated in for a video game...

EVE Fanfest 2016 - A History of the Great Wars of EVE Online
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I pretty much live in a wormhole and do planetary manufacturing there. It can be a VERY boring game. My corp is pretty much dead these days. My main is Sara Malius.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:02:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Had a buddy who played it for a long time.  The "spreadsheet simulator" and "second job" are pretty apt descriptions.

But it's also kind of fascinating:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_B-R5RB
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I’ve played this for about 15 years. Great game that is dying more every day
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top