Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 12:11:02 PM EDT
Does anyone here have experience with Erie Auto Insurance?
One of my customers is a Insurance Agent and got me a quote from Erie. Right now I'm with Progressive and paying about $1100 a year for a Toyota I just financed. Erie quote is $700 if I pay up front for the year or $775 with monthly installments, and the coverage is better. Thinking about switching over.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone here have experience with Erie Auto Insurance?
One of my customers is a Insurance Agent and got me a quote from Erie. Right now I'm with Progressive and paying about $1100 a year for a Toyota I just financed. Erie quote is $700 if I pay up front for the year or $775 with monthly installments, and the coverage is better. Thinking about switching over.
View Quote
Have them.

Paid me quickly and fairly when a lady totaled my newer 4Runner and trailer. They're still fighting with her insurance 7months later.

combod with homeowners I thought Erie was a little high. Was gunna maybe check around soon.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, I'm probably gonna switch over.
Thanks for your input
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
@Nacho-Man

Family has had them for decades without issue. I’ve been an auto customer for at least 10-12 years and always been happy.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
K, calling the agent to set up policy soon.
Thank you guys
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Switched to them last year and got a rate lock on my auto insurance.

Was MUCH cheaper than my progressive policy that went up... every... damn... year.  And I never made a claim.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Progressive used to be an expensive insurer of last resort, like for people who had DWIs. I had them when I was maybe 19-20 and had a ton of tickets. Maybe they have become more mainstream. I caught them illegally charging me for non fault accidents and got rid of them
View Quote

Also, the name is not coincidence. They support progressive candidates and causes. Stop supporting them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I have them for everything car home life all of it

They are awesome and best prices available
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I left my ins company of 10 years and switched to Erie.

A little back story. A girl pulled out in front of my and I t-boned her in my brand new Tacoma. Took it to the local shop to have it fixed as he is well known for being a perfectionist. He said Erie was one of the top 3 companies to deal with and he said they will absolutely make you right. They did too. I switched a month later and even ended up saving a bunch of money.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Switched to them last year and got a rate lock on my auto insurance.

Was MUCH cheaper than my progressive policy that went up... every... damn... year.  And I never made a claim.
View Quote

Same here.  Have auto and home with them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Long time Erie Insurance customer, zero issues ever.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Progressive used to be an expensive insurer of last resort, like for people who had DWIs. I had them when I was maybe 19-20 and had a ton of tickets. Maybe they have become more mainstream. I caught them illegally charging me for non fault accidents and got rid of them
View Quote

They did the same to me, I hit a dog and my rates went up. Still cheaper than everyone else though
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I made the opposite switch after having Erie for a really long time. I saved about 1/3. Kept my home owners with them as even without the multi discount it was cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Erie has been good to me but my local agent is fucking useless
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:59:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I've always had Erie and always been happy with them. I always hear about others having to fight with their insurance company over claims. I've never had to fight them, they've always been great. I've had at least four claims over the years that I can think of: one for some vandalism and three for deer impacts including one that totaled the car. They also handled my side of things for me twice when I was hit by other drivers and they always made it a painless process.

When I hit a deer almost two years ago now and totaled a car, everyone told me do not look at KBB with any expectation that I would get that much from insurance. Everyone told me you'll never get what KBB says it's worth. I actually ended up getting more than the KBB value from Erie. I was very happy with it. Took care of every medical bill too, no arguments, never any pushback.

Had my hand on the stick shift; ripped it right open when we hit that stupid thing.

Minor graphic pics:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:18:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Progressive has always been by far the cheapest option for me. No driving record other than a couple not at fault accidents.

Erie has better customer service from my experience and from what I've heard. Had a not a fault accident while covered with them under my parents policy, that's been a long time ago, but they went above and beyond considering I didn't have full coverage.

If they came close to matching Progressives price I would switch to Erie.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I have had Erie for 47 years. As far as I am concerned they are the best.  Never had a problem with them. GREAT service and no BS.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've always had Erie and always been happy with them. I always hear about others having to fight with their insurance company over claims. I've never had to fight them, they've always been great. I've had at least four claims over the years that I can think of: one for some vandalism and three for deer impacts including one that totaled the car. They also handled my side of things for me twice when I was hit by other drivers and they always made it a painless process.

When I hit a deer almost two years ago now and totaled a car, everyone told me do not look at KBB with any expectation that I would get that much from insurance. Everyone told me you'll never get what KBB says it's worth. I actually ended up getting more than the KBB value from Erie. I was very happy with it. Took care of every medical bill too, no arguments, never any pushback.

Had my hand on the stick shift; ripped it right open when we hit that stupid thing.

https://i.imgur.com/yQZWA6b.jpg

Minor graphic pics:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

The stick shift thing is weird. hope you got better
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I have had Erie Insurance since 2007 for home and auto.

They paid full replacement on a storm damage roof with no hassle and no rate increase related to the claim.
I have not had any auto losses, but I am confident there would be no issues.

I finally shopped this past year to make sure I couldn't do better.
Home owners could not be beat, however auto was around $100 cheaper through MetLife.
$100 difference wasn't enough to make me switch.

After shopping I called my agent and did a review of my coverage, made a few adjustments and added a personal umbrella policy.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The stick shift thing is weird. hope you got better
View Quote

Yeah, you wouldn't think that big round knob would do that. I guess I braced pretty hard on it.

It healed up pretty well. You can see the line where the cut was. Little lump of scar tissue at the bottom that I can feel in there. Regained pretty decent strength with it. For a long while I just had issues when applying twisting torque, such as removing a lid from a jar. But it's pretty much back to normal at this point.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top