Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who knows, they put vinegar on french fries the fucking pervs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did they just happen to have handcuffs?
Who knows, they put vinegar on french fries the fucking pervs.

Malt vinegar on fries is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Malt vinegar on fries is awesome.
View Quote

And mayo to dip into
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm not disagreeing with you, at all.  He was in the wrong to not leave immediately when they told him to, and being abusive (other than "get your fucking hands off me") is wrong as well.

That's why I'm thinking he was looking to start something and get a check.   Employees should not have gone hands on unless he was attacking customers (BEFORE they went hands on, what I saw in that video was him trying to not be man-handled by essentially private citizens, not LEO) or damaging stock.  When they put the choke hold on him, holy shit, that can be deadly as has been shown here in the US.  EVEN BIGGER SHITSTORM for the company.
They should have made themselves clear as to him trespassing and waited on the NO LIABILITY for the company police to come and arrest him any way they needed to.
Then they wouldn't have this shitstorm of publicity from home videos making them look like THEY'RE the issue, not him.
Again - I don't support him in any way, I'm saying they should have NOT escalated the way they did.

*shrug*
We'll see in court, I suppose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This dude was given two options:  to remain and comply with the store rules or leave of his own free will and he still refused to play nice and picked a fight instead.

I'm not disagreeing with you, at all.  He was in the wrong to not leave immediately when they told him to, and being abusive (other than "get your fucking hands off me") is wrong as well.

That's why I'm thinking he was looking to start something and get a check.   Employees should not have gone hands on unless he was attacking customers (BEFORE they went hands on, what I saw in that video was him trying to not be man-handled by essentially private citizens, not LEO) or damaging stock.  When they put the choke hold on him, holy shit, that can be deadly as has been shown here in the US.  EVEN BIGGER SHITSTORM for the company.
They should have made themselves clear as to him trespassing and waited on the NO LIABILITY for the company police to come and arrest him any way they needed to.
Then they wouldn't have this shitstorm of publicity from home videos making them look like THEY'RE the issue, not him.
Again - I don't support him in any way, I'm saying they should have NOT escalated the way they did.

*shrug*

Yeah, I guess so.

Will be an interesting one to watch.  Could have ramifications for businesses across the whole of Canada in terms of how they deal with aggressive trespassers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
that dude wanted attention and he got it. lol

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of Canadian Tire employee brings handcuffs to work?

Oh I know the kind.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

*shrug*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This dude was given two options:  to remain and comply with the store rules or leave of his own free will and he still refused to play nice and picked a fight instead.

*shrug*

I think the publicity is going to be "Come to Canadian Tire where you know everyone wears masks and follows social distancing protocols" and the locals will love it.  Everyone in this thread is thinking like an American.  This didn't happen in America.  It happened in Canada.  He will not get a payday, the employees will not be arrested, and the guy will likely be fined for not complying with mask regulations and trespassing.  Nobody is going to stop shopping at Canadian Tire because they wouldn't let some inconsiderate anti-masker run around spreading the shanghai shivers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, I guess so.

Will be an interesting one to watch.  Could have ramifications for businesses across the whole of Canada in terms of how they deal with aggressive trespassers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yeah, I guess so.

I'm wondering if companies aren't already reviewing their policies in advance.  I'm sure insurance companies have taken notice of this, for sure.

Quoted:

I think the publicity is going to be "Come to Canadian Tire where you know everyone wears masks and follows social distancing protocols" and the locals will love it.  Everyone in this thread is thinking like an American.  This didn't happen in America.  It happened in Canada.  He will not get a payday, the employees will not be arrested, and the guy will likely be fined for not complying with mask regulations and trespassing.  Nobody is going to stop shopping at Canadian Tire because they wouldn't let some inconsiderate anti-masker run around spreading the shanghai shivers.

I surely don't know enough about Canadian law to disagree with you, but I guarantee if someone dies from this kind of thing (which could have happened here) there will be a shitstorm.
Everyone loves money, and families of dead 'victims' do the most.
The insurance companies don't have your positive outlook on how people will take this sort of thing and will demand that it end.  Guarantee that, and no store in a first world country is going to operate without insurance.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wait, what?  We just watched the video that will substantiate his claim, in this thread, right?

View Quote

What happened before the video started?

I not disagreeing with you but it is going to be about what you can prove. If all the employees say they were attacked by this guy and the choked guy has no one to substantiate his claim, he's screwed. Then again if there is some Canadian law that says you cannot forcibly remove a trespasser, they are screwed. But we live in clown world now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, what?  We just watched the video that will substantiate his claim, in this thread, right?

Before video started rolling?  He effed around.
After video started rolling?  He found out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm pretty sure I've said that "given what we've seen" blah blah.  This isn't a cogent point anymore.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Going hands on and choking a man because he isn't wearing a mask =

Why not call the cops and have the man trespassed?

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure I've said that "given what we've seen" blah blah.  This isn't a cogent point anymore.
View Quote

Okay. But what happened before is relevant.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He should have shot them.   Looks like plain old group violence to me.
View Quote

It's Canada, Guns are verboten aren't they?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Okay. But what happened before is relevant.
View Quote

Completely agree!  But until we/the jury/judge see what happened before all we have is what we've seen and read.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Imagine getting paid so little and wanting to go hands on with someone instead of pretending not to see....
View Quote

This. There is a zero % chance I would ever confront someone about a mask if that were not specifically my job description.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#17]
For all you people talking lawsuits, Canada is not a litigious society, civil suits are relatively rare.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#18]
So they were so worried about him not wearing a mask in the store and having the coof, but then decided that playing a game of wrestling ass grab with the dude was A OK?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Find the video of the girl Canuck cops against the guys playing hockey
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disappointing. I thought all Canadians knew how to throw down like hockey players. Needed more shirt-over-head action.
Find the video of the girl Canuck cops against the guys playing hockey

These fucking heroes?
Calgary Police Arrest Man for Playing Ice Hockey Outside | December 18th 2020

Disgusting.

Eta: I wish the guy would have just skated out into the middle of the ice outside the range of their tasers and had them just try to chase him around.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So they were so worried about him not wearing a mask in the store and having the coof, but then decided that playing a game of wrestling ass grab with the dude was A OK?
View Quote

I got a kick out of that one too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Canada is mask nazi Karen ground zero.  This guy isn't getting shit.  He's the worst kind of human scum, the kind that doesn't wear a mask even at home in the shitter.  

I really can't imagine any company taking "You need to leave" and the refusal to do so and having employees handcuff and choke him.  Holy fucking stupidity Batman.  If the breath of death is really being emitted by this guy then how much sense does it make to go wrestle him face to face?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's not their fkn rules. It's .govs rules.  

It's morons that keep following this idiocy that's the problem.  

Just two more fkn weeks for eternity, until enough people like that guy says: NO MORE.

O, another new strain, lock her down
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their shop their rules.  

If he doesn't like the rules why not leave and take his custom elsewhere?

It's not their fkn rules. It's .govs rules.  

It's morons that keep following this idiocy that's the problem.  

Just two more fkn weeks for eternity, until enough people like that guy says: NO MORE.

O, another new strain, lock her down

COVID and whatever your opinion of the response to COVID may be is not relevant to this.

The store has rules. Whether they are required to impose them, or choose to,  is up to the store but is also an irrelevance.

Take away the emotive COVID element from the situation and consider it objectively:

If the store is required to impose a rule because of Govt legislation, why would you choose to pick a fight with that private business?   Surely the disagreement is between you and the Govt, yes?  Taking your frustration out on a private business is unjustified.

Even if it is the private business who decides to impose a set of rules for whatever reason, and you happen to disagree with them, then nobody is forcing to shop there.  You can leave and shop elsewhere at a store where the rules are more to your liking.

Either way, picking a fight with a store is neither appropriate nor justified.  You would be in the wrong to do so.  You're always free leave and shop elsewhere or make a choice to follow the rules.  That is a decision only you can make and the personal responsibility lies with you in making that decision.

If you do go to a private business and are asked to comply with the store rules or leave, and you and refuse to do either, then you are the cause of the problem and have most if not all of the responsibility for any escalation that occurs if you refuse to leave. You are the root cause, not the store.

The only dispute you might have is if the force used to disarm and remove you is wholly disproportionate, but even that will depend on your demeanour at the time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

For the same reason some of us keep duct tape, a bottle of whiskey and a tub of crisco in the trunk?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the same reason some of us keep duct tape, a bottle of whiskey and a tub of crisco in the trunk?

Double quote sig line, right there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Lots of highly relevant comments above.  Let's put on our "attorney glasses" and consider a few points of law:

*  Canadian "citizen arrest" laws EXPANDED the rights of citizens to "effect a lawful arrest" over the past decade.

*  The Citizen's Arrest and Self-defence Act "allows people to make a citizens' arrest of someone who has committed a crime on their property or in relation to their personal possessions when it's not feasible for a police officer to make an arrest."  [See:  https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/03/11/citizens-arrest-canada-new-rules_n_2853864.html]

*  Masks are required by law in all public indoor places unless you qualify for a medical "Exception"--not here.

*  There are two (2) requirements which are intended to protect an "alleged perpetrator":  (a) an immediate call to police ["check"] and (b) AVOIDANCE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE [disputed].  Multiple comments note the presence of "hand cuffs" at a FLIPPIN' TIRE STORE as evidence of ADVANCE PLANNING.  Others have lamented that, in Canada, MASKS LAWS ARE REVERED.  

*  Recent news stories from Canada affirm arrests, serious fines, and even incarceration for "failure to obey mask mandate"--This is where we're headed under the current usurper's reign.  As of last year, US legal experts deemed "citizen arrests for failure to wear a mask" as of questionable merit despite "laws" requiring the same.  See:  
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/can-you-make-a-citizens-arrest-of-someone-who-isnt-wearing-a-mask/ar-BB16Ck98

*  Once again, the wise avoid those people and places where, as Shakespeare said:  "men have lost all reason" and become "brutish beasts".  

*  We also see two rather salient truths:  (1)  Although imperfect, our justice system is [on paper[ still the best in the world, hands down and (2) [as applied] our criminal justice system is falling and failing.  Warning:  WROL approaching at light speed.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Living in a border town, with the border closed, I don't miss seeing the canucks invading the country,  getting 10 gas cans filled and buying 15 gallons of milk or driving like I do when I would go to the great white north.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#27]
LOL at a bunch of turgid passive aggressive maskers in this thread living vicariously through Canuckistani Tire employees.

Guy should have left for sure. But at the point he didn't Bob and Doug should have summoned the constabulary.

Big company with deep pockets, they'd settle and Bob and Doug would be unemployed in the US, no telling in Cubanada.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Kinda demonstrates to me that if you're willing to physically grab and wrestle with someone wearing a mask...

... you kinda don't really care about the REASON you think that person should be wearing a mask in the first place.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Their store, their rules. Your money, your rules. While I think it's idiotic for store employees to go hands on with a non mask wearer (Covid is either dangerous or it's not, if it is then you don't want to wrestle with them, if it's not then you shouldn't care if they wear a mask or not), neither should a customer stay past when he's told to leave. I only wear masks when I have to, and only then long enough to conduct business. No browsing, no picking up and buying random items I may or may not need.

And if at all possible I'll do my shopping online and let the local stores know how much revenue they lost. During my kitchen remodel last year the Lowe's that's a mile from me lost nearly $10k of sales and I let them know. Stores on the edge, like Fry's Electronics, will close their stores, let all their employees go and the city and state will lose those taxes.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I hope he wins $100,00,000, Canadian.
View Quote

Isn’t that about $87 American?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Could be their loss prevention?

I've seen videos where target's loss prevention staff carry hand cuffs and take their job super cereal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Did you read the article? Assault.

You guys all see that there's an assault investigation and assume it's going to be against the sore employees because they're the villains to you.

Turns out the man who started all of this is the one being investigated.

"“When he said no, they decided that they were going to escort him out. That’s when he allegedly, at this point, assaulted a couple of the staff members. That’s of course when the video starts and the altercation happens...”

^That's a quote from the Canadian police.

The store employees aren't the ones in hot water here. The man who refused to obey a lawful order to leave the store, and then decided to assault the group of employees who approached him, is the one in trouble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrested, for what?

You guys all see that there's an assault investigation and assume it's going to be against the sore employees because they're the villains to you.

"“When he said no, they decided that they were going to escort him out. That’s when he allegedly, at this point, assaulted a couple of the staff members. That’s of course when the video starts and the altercation happens...”

The store employees aren't the ones in hot water here. The man who refused to obey a lawful order to leave the store, and then decided to assault the group of employees who approached him, is the one in trouble.

is it really? or is it about enforcing "approved" discrimination on wearing a mask or not?  The store employees decided , arbitrary mind you, that non mask wear's can't not be in the store? what if the person was black, asian, gay, etc.. "hey you I don't like the way you look you need to leave." then grab him and try to physically throw him out, wonder how that would look.  2 guys walking holding hands, hey you have AIDS I'm not going to sell stuff to you, again how does that look.

And its clearly not about the virus, it about enforcing their control over "I don't like the way you think" you need to conform.  

- Employees are masked - they should be good regardless of one outlier
- Customers are masked - they should be good regardless of one outlier
- Employees sanitized things others touch right - they should be good regardless of one outlier
- Guy could have been vaccinated - did they ask? are they legally allowed?
- Was the guy tested and positive? if turns out negative was he a threat?

Where is the official policy no mask no service? is it posted? Was there clear instruction from a employee at the entrance? I seen the video and since I can't see the initial interaction, guy became more belligerent when they forcibly try to grab him.  I didn't see him assault an employee all I saw were 6 guys physically shoving, choking and restraining him.

One non masked guy risk is fairly low even if you believe all the nonsense from this super duper lethal killer? but hey   This non conformist over here lets surround him, and cry trespass to physically assault him to get our point across.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lots of highly relevant comments above.  Let's put on our "attorney glasses" and consider a few points of law:

*  Canadian "citizen arrest" laws EXPANDED the rights of citizens to "effect a lawful arrest" over the past decade.

*  The Citizen's Arrest and Self-defence Act "allows people to make a citizens' arrest of someone who has committed a crime on their property or in relation to their personal possessions when it's not feasible for a police officer to make an arrest."  [See:  https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/03/11/citizens-arrest-canada-new-rules_n_2853864.html]

*  Masks are required by law in all public indoor places unless you qualify for a medical "Exception"--not here.

*  There are two (2) requirements which are intended to protect an "alleged perpetrator":  (a) an immediate call to police ["check"] and (b) AVOIDANCE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE [disputed].  Multiple comments note the presence of "hand cuffs" at a FLIPPIN' TIRE STORE as evidence of ADVANCE PLANNING.  Others have lamented that, in Canada, MASKS LAWS ARE REVERED.  

View Quote

good point, its it codified in CA law for non mask wear'ers is a crime? was that the crime he committed?

what is the official policy of medical exception, who grants it ? what are the conditions? how is it documented?  its it supposed to worn around your neck like a handicap sign?

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

is it really? or is it about enforcing "approved" discrimination on wearing a mask or not?  The store employees decided , arbitrary mind you, that non mask wear's can't not be in the store? what if the person was black, asian, gay, etc.. "hey you I don't like the way you look you need to leave." then grab him and try to physically throw him out, wonder how that would look.  2 guys walking holding hands, hey you have AIDS I'm not going to sell stuff to you, again how does that look.

And its clearly not about the virus, it about enforcing their control over "I don't like the way you think" you need to conform.  

- Employees sanitized things others touch right - they should be good regardless of one outlier

Where is the official policy no mask no service? is it posted? Was there clear instruction from a employee at the entrance? I seen the video and since I can't see the initial interaction, guy became more belligerent when they forcibly try to grab him.  I didn't see him assault an employee all I saw were 6 guys physically shoving, choking and restraining him.

One non masked guy risk is fairly low even if you believe all the nonsense from this super duper lethal killer? but hey   This non conformist over here lets surround him, and cry trespass to physically assault him to get our point across.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrested, for what?

WTF are you going on about?  Masks in Canada are required by law.  It doesn't need to be posted any more than "stealing is illegal" would need to be posted.  And I'm not sure how you think discrimination fits into this situation at all.  

ETA I think you all underestimate the rabidity with which the Canadian government is enacting and enforcing COVID preventative measures and the overall endorsement they receive from the citizenry.  They are absolutely terrified of the 'rona up there.  They would rather grandparents die alone of boredom and isolation than let them see their own newborn grandkids because of a 0.000001% chance they get COVID and die.  It is completely irrational.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Remember when the SHTF back in early 2020?  All our research determined that unless one had P99 respirator and air-tight eye protection, the virus can get through.  That is if one's own cloth/shoes are sanitized.  Now with a mere layer of cloth/paper over our nose/mouth, people are being told that is "safe" and believe it?  Restaurants can not eat in, but it is okey if they eat-in outside in a tent?  When one travels via air, one is told how stout the new HAVC filtering system is.  How 99% filtration and shit.  Yet nothing about how the virus has only a 0.03% overall fatality rate.  It is truly a clown world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um... yeah. If asked to leave, he should have left.

However, the virus has made an "authority" figure out of every cloth jacket wearing minimum wage fucktard. I don't need the employee of Hot Dog on a Stick watching out for my health, and I sure don't need their kind in Congress.

God damn. I hate everything.
Remember when the SHTF back in early 2020?  All our research determined that unless one had P99 respirator and air-tight eye protection, the virus can get through.  That is if one's own cloth/shoes are sanitized.  Now with a mere layer of cloth/paper over our nose/mouth, people are being told that is "safe" and believe it?  Restaurants can not eat in, but it is okey if they eat-in outside in a tent?  When one travels via air, one is told how stout the new HAVC filtering system is.  How 99% filtration and shit.  Yet nothing about how the virus has only a 0.03% overall fatality rate.  It is truly a clown world.

Yup.

But now we mask like China so we're the same.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This. There is a zero % chance I would ever confront someone about a mask if that were not specifically my job description.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine getting paid so little and wanting to go hands on with someone instead of pretending not to see....

Yeah, I never understood why someone making $9 an HR would take theft or other stuff that goes on in a store personally or want to get involved. If I were working at a place making peanuts, I ain’t seeing anything. Not wearing a mask? No care. Have a dog in the store? No care. Stealing shit? I’ll make a call about it but I ain’t stepping in to get involved directly. Handcuffs? What a maroon. I wonder how many people who carry handcuffs realize how quickly they can be weaponized and used against you.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#37]
didn't watch the video, but can't they just refuse him service and tell him to leave if they don't like it?

why they gotta assault him and tie him up?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I seriously don't get it.

If I was legitimately afraid someone was exhausting a deadly virus I would go in the other direction. Not get as close as possible in a physical altercation when you both just end up breathing harder.

That meteor can't come soon enough.
View Quote

It’s NOT about a virus.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It certainly is in Oklahoma and can be met with deadly force.

Would not end well for those douchecanoes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is kidnapping a crime in Canada?

It certainly is in Oklahoma and can be met with deadly force.

Would not end well for those douchecanoes.
That's gonna end in gun play a lot of places.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
didn't watch the video, but can't they just refuse him service and tell him to leave if they don't like it?

View Quote

Because they believe they are doing the right thing by forcing someone to wear a mask and stopping them from going about their business.  It's the same reason my in-laws made me park in their garage when we went to visit over Christmas.  They didn't want anyone to know they had Americans in their home and they didn't want my car to get vandalized.  Canadians are absolutely positively pants-on-head potato when it comes to covid.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Because they believe they are doing the right thing by forcing someone to wear a mask and stopping them from going about their business.  It's the same reason my in-laws made me park in their garage when we went to visit over Christmas.  They didn't want anyone to know they had Americans in their home and they didn't want my car to get vandalized.  Canadians are absolutely positively pants-on-head potato when it comes to covid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

k
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#42]
They must have been so concerned he was infected they had to wrestle with him.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#43]
A great example of how for peanuts and without authority one can propagandize and manipulate stupid poor people to do their bidding and then dispose of them like trash.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Blame Canada! Blame Canada!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Canadian tire is pretty badass if you’ve never been to one

They sell everything from diapers to guns. It’s like Walmart but usually full of good, decent Canadians, not Walmart people.
View Quote

They should rename it to:

Canadian Tire and Other Stuff You Didn't Realize You Needed Until Entering Our Store Because We Have Previously Used a Disingenuous Name

or maybe

Canadian Tire and Other Stuff
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

WTF are you going on about?  Masks in Canada are required by law.  It doesn't need to be posted any more than "stealing is illegal" would need to be posted.  And I'm not sure how you think discrimination fits into this situation at all.  
View Quote

it doesn't? So you believe the virus is deadly? and "Oh my god he has no mask and is a threat to all, we (CA tire employees) must put ourselves in harms way to bring him (anti-masker) down?.... Was the CA heath department going to shut the store down for one anti masker and they were just doing gods work?

those "laws", you mean like those same laws that blacks need to ride back of the bus? or where is your star? morally unjust and irrational idiotic laws are is still idiotic..

I've seen a hodgepodge of arbitrary reactionary laws passed by different cities and no uniformity. Some stores DGAF and others well... we need to be the enforcers.  

He only got belligerent when confronted.  If your going to justify a legal argument that he was in the wrong, he never should have been allowed entry in the first place.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

ETA I think you all underestimate the rabidity with which the Canadian government is enacting and enforcing COVID preventative measures and the overall endorsement they receive from the citizenry.  They are absolutely terrified of the 'rona up there.  They would rather grandparents die alone of boredom and isolation than let them see their own newborn grandkids because of a 0.000001% chance they get COVID and die.  It is completely irrational.
View Quote

I’ve never worn a mask once. Not even in airports (8 round trip flights I think since last March). It’s either the medical exemption, or I just walk around with a water bottle to drink out of.

Haven’t even been asked to leave anywhere yet, let alone received a ticket. Then again, Ontario is next level retarded when it comes to this shit, people there have given me a harder time than BC or Alberta.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

it doesn't? So you believe the virus is deadly? and "Oh my god he has no mask and is a threat to all, we (CA tire employees) must put ourselves in harms way to bring him (anti-masker) down?.... Was the CA heath department going to shut the store down for one anti masker and they were just doing gods work?

those "laws", you mean like those same laws that blacks need to ride back of the bus? or where is your star? morally unjust and irrational idiotic laws are is still idiotic..

I've seen a hodgepodge of arbitrary reactionary laws passed by different cities and no uniformity. Some stores DGAF and others well... we need to be the enforcers.  

He only got belligerent when confronted.  If your going to justify a legal argument that he was in the wrong, he never should have been allowed entry in the first place.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First off, don’t mistake my understanding of Canadians and their Covid worship with my own beliefs. I’m telling you how it is, not how I think it should be.

Second, comparing universal mask orders to laws that obviously target specific races or ethnic groups is fracking stupid.

Finally, the mask orders are well known by all Canadian citizens. Stores don’t need to post it. Everyone knows the rules up there. Canada doesn’t share our long held tradition of state/local sovereignty or sense of individuality over community.

Again, these are not my beliefs but the beliefs of Canadians in general. I personally find the entire Covid handling to be overbearing and ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I’ve never worn a mask once. Not even in airports (8 round trip flights I think since last March). It’s either the medical exemption, or I just walk around with a water bottle to drink out of.

Haven’t even been asked to leave anywhere yet, let alone received a ticket. Then again, Ontario is next level retarded when it comes to this shit, people there have given me a harder time than BC or Alberta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair to the more conservative provinces in western Canada, my experiences are limited primarily to Ontario and to a lesser degree Quebec and Nova Scotia. I know you aren’t all as bad just as we aren’t all as loony as out west coast counterparts. You guys have a rough road ahead of you. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What a fag. Probably couldn't make it in the academy so he saw an opportunity to be a "hero". And the other dick head can easily follow store policy or shop somewhere else. I think this falls under "when assholes collide".
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top