Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2021 10:48:32 PM EDT
So many memories of trips to East Berlin when I was a kid are coming back to me now while I watch the TV coverage of the razor wire and the troops in DC.

I am out of gumption...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the new Amerika comrade!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish Minneapolis would have done this along Lake Street.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be willing to bet than during the inauguration not one msm channel even shows more than a quick glimpse of fences, wire, or NG in the vicinity.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:18:19 AM EDT
[#4]
If putting up a wall doesn't work then why did they just put up all those walls for inauguration?

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:19:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If putting up a wall doesn't work then why did they just put up all those walls for inauguration?

View Quote

This needs to be meme'd and go viral!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:20:48 AM EDT
[#6]
what is old is new again.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:32:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So many memories of trips to East Berlin when I was a kid are coming back to me now while I watch the TV coverage of the razor wire and the troops in DC.

I am out of gumption...
View Quote

@RSM

did you grow up in West Berlin?

I did

fun times going to East Berlin - cheap Beer and Food
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@RSM

did you grow up in West Berlin?

I did

fun times going to East Berlin - cheap Beer and Food
View Quote

No, just regular old West Germany.  Berlin was one of our most popular "away" destinations for track and football events though.  

Our favorite trip was the one where we took a bus tour of East Berlin and the tour guide kept pointing out buildings and referring to them as "erections".  "One of the largest erections in Europe..." is an exact quote!  We were impressed!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish the real reason it was going up was to keep the scum in. Kinda like they are building their own prison.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top