Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/21/2022 3:05:06 PM EDT
Trying to find ways around this for my son but so far I am hitting a wall. It’s his career path that he’s set on. He’s had COVID a month or so ago but now he’s required to get the the shot. Makes zero sense.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait it out or find other opportunities. There has been such a labor shortage in my woke field that vax requirements have mostly gone out the window. I went from being top in my field, to zero career to now being able to get 2-3x my normal day rate and consistent work again.

It will come back around.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
By the state or an employer?
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
State?  Employer?  Company offering course?  Clinical rotation requirement?

View Quote

Clinical rotation requirement.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are there alternative sites?  Is the clinical rotation a state requirement for certification, does the program require it or is it strongly encouraged?
View Quote

Website says required. I’ve emailed the school to find out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Clinical rotation is at a hospital.  All private hospitals will require the clot shot for employees.  Texas public hospitals should have a religious exemption, I expect.  If not, write the Governor's office.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you tried contacting the school asking them about it? Maybe they list it as a requirement but you can claim religious exemption? The only thing I can think of maybe being a real issue is the Peds ICU rotation. It’s been a while but I seem to remember them being the most stringent about students being up to date on all their vaccines.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have you tried contacting the school asking them about it? Maybe they list it as a requirement but you can claim religious exemption? The only thing I can think of maybe being a real issue is the Peds ICU rotation. It’s been a while but I seem to remember them being the most stringent about students being up to date on all their vaccines.
View Quote

Yes, the school itself doesn’t require it. It’s the clinical rotations that does.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Just imagine if all the clot shot stories about depopulation were true.
Perfect way to do it because a lot of folks fell for it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#12]
True, I wasn’t thinking more so for paramedic.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would be surprised if an EMT cert required a Peds ICU rotation.
View Quote

I did like 6 hours in the ER and the only person that came in was a drunk guy with minor injuries after face planting trying to dodge a shrub. You couldn't even pick up extra rotations if you wanted. I can safely say I didn't learn a damn thing lol
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Whenever I was getting my EMT-B, there was a huge vaccine requirement list. I had some of them. But I was too lazy to do the rest and nobody said anything to me. So I would say just ignore it and let the natural lack of organization by these mickey mouse EMT teaching orgs forget about you!
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Whenever I was getting my EMT-B, there was a huge vaccine requirement list. I had some of them. But I was too lazy to do the rest and nobody said anything to me. So I would say just ignore it and let the natural lack of organization by these mickey mouse EMT teaching orgs forget about you!
View Quote

Yea I think he has to have it before going to the class itself.  I’m trying to convince him to find another path. He’s gonna do what he’s gonna do. All I can do is offer advice.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Well all I'm saying is that it worked out for me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That may not work out in his favor.  At my facility, you don't get in the door until all the boxes are checked with supporting documentation (HIPAA, background check, drug test, vaccines, etc.).  Doesn't matter to us how much you have paid your school or how far along you are in your program.  If you don't meet the requirements you don't do your clinical rotations.
View Quote

That’s pretty much what I’m hearing as well. BILs wife is a nurse. No jab no go.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#19]
My daughter had to get vax for clinicals, and they were still so scared of covid (2021), they were lucky places took them.  Silly to force a vax that doesn’t prevent covid.  To my knowledge she did not take boosters, and won’t.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My daughter had to get vax for clinicals, and they were still so scared of covid (2021), they were lucky places took them.  Silly to force a vax that doesn’t prevent covid.  To my knowledge she did not take boosters, and won’t.
View Quote

Yea no boosters for sure. Like I said it’s his choice I just don’t like it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Don’t think he will get around it. My boy had to do the same for EMT school and the Fire academy, then had to provide proof for work
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd like to see these so called leaders of medical institutions try to explain the logic and morality behind mandating an experimental drug that does not prevent infection, spread, nor illness. My guess is they would go into full angry NPC mode and start screeching about the evil anti-vaxxers without addressing any of them. At this point, I have no doubt that the majority of doctors worldwide would be down with all kinds of atrocities. We're already getting a new one with their mutilation of children.

The Germans had doctors run their human extermination campaign after all.

Had to do a little soap boxing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#23]
We didn’t even do an ER rotation because of Covid just 24 hours on the ambulance.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#24]
They cannot deny a religious exemption.  If they try, you have grounds to sue.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I will pray that your son does not get a blood clot or have any ill effects of the shot.

Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where have you been the last 2-3 years?
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Trying to find ways around this for my son but so far I am hitting a wall. It's his career path that he's set on. He's had COVID a month or so ago but now he's required to get the the shot. Makes zero sense.
View Quote
Your son is going to have to make a hard decision.   You are going to have to let him go and let him make that hard decision on his own.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been right here.  Where have you been?  

First settlement reached for health-care workers in lawsuit filed over COVID-19 vaccine mandate
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Watching people get fired left and right for exactly what you claim cannot be done.  Not a single religious exemption in our fire/le service was granted and all were separated.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Watching people get fired left and right for exactly what you claim cannot be done.  Not a single religious exemption in our fire/le service was granted and all were separated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's illegal. Is anyone taking a stand and suing or just taking it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I will pray that your son does not get a blood clot or have any ill effects of the shot.

View Quote

Amen and thank you!
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Your son is going to have to make a hard decision.   You are going to have to let him go and let him make that hard decision on his own.  

View Quote

Yes I know, just habit as I’m supposed to be the protector.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wait it out or find other opportunities. There has been such a labor shortage in my woke field that vax requirements have mostly gone out the window. I went from being top in my field, to zero career to now being able to get 2-3x my normal day rate and consistent work again.

It will come back around.
View Quote

This is the way.  I know a nurse that was absolutely against the vax and fought it for months but finally buckled when it looked like the national “catholic” hospital chain she worked for would not relent and was illegally refusing religious exemptions.

She finally took the shot against her will in fear for her job.

Now we have a fat lawsuit won by people who were denied religious exemptions and hospitals for the last 6+ months have been paying outrageous fees for nurses regardless of vax status to fill staffing holes.  

This whole ridiculous scam is slowly coming apart at the seams.  If he’s ok with a chance of permanent heart damage he can risk it but I wouldn’t.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Go Fire for now and wait it out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experience locally as a leader of the local movement to fight Covid restrictions is that most people just take it.

Unless you just happen to have a firebrand local attorney who lived for this kind of thing no local will take it for risk of alienating their country club pals.  The situation is further complicated by the lack of aggression most lawyers have for anything that will actually need to be argued vs negotiated.

Finding a lawyer to take the care at all will require at least a few grand up front that folks facing career loss may not be able to spend.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#36]
With exception of Comirnaty (which isn't available here in estados unidos) the wuflu shot is not FDA approved and is authorized under a EUA.  They cannot make him participate in a medical experiment.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
With exception of Comirnaty (which isn't available here in estados unidos) the wuflu shot is not FDA approved and is authorized under a EUA.  They cannot make him participate in a medical experiment.
View Quote

It’s mandated to even get into the course. I’m slowly convincing him to hold off this semester. Now I’m looking for online classes that I offered to pay for. The problem is the clinicals. He wants to do EMS/fire dept. I’m not sure if it’s mandated for fire dept or not. Nor for the fire dept training. Just don’t know at this point.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It’s mandated to even get into the course. I’m slowly convincing him to hold off this semester. Now I’m looking for online classes that I offered to pay for. The problem is the clinicals. He wants to do EMS/fire dept. I’m not sure if it’s mandated for fire dept or not. Nor for the fire dept training. Just don’t know at this point.
View Quote

You're a good father.  Get all the peripheral training first.  Sooner or later it will be evident to everyone that the jabs are kill shots.  

We didn't have athletes from high school to pros dropping dead on the field with regularity until the clot shot.  We had SIDS but we didn't have SAD until the clot shot.  He should hold off and sooner or later they'll be begging people to go into EMT/paramedic and health services (MD, RN, tech) because of the die off or disablement of skilled people.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You're a good father.  Get all the peripheral training first.  Sooner or later it will be evident to everyone that the jabs are kill shots.  

We didn't have athletes from high school to pros dropping dead on the field with regularity until the clot shot.  We had SIDS but we didn't have SAD until the clot shot.  He should hold off and sooner or later they'll be begging people to go into EMT/paramedic and health services (MD, RN, tech) because of the die off or disablement of skilled people.
View Quote

Everything I do is for my family. All that matters to me. If anyone has any advice for online classes please send it my way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Silly take asking a kid to put his entire life on hold because some crusty old retired curmudgeon on the internet reads a doomsday website.

Is the kid an adult? Let him make his own decision. Time waits for nobody and if he sits out on his dreams they will pass him by.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#41]
That really sucks. I hope you guys find a work around.

I'm so sick of this vaccine shit
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Silly take asking a kid to put his entire life on hold because some crusty old retired curmudgeon on the internet reads a doomsday website.

Is the kid an adult? Let him make his own decision. Time waits for nobody and if he sits out on his dreams they will pass him by.
View Quote

I’m aware that he can make his own choices. I still have to look out for him. A happy medium is he takes online courses for six months. A lot can change in six months.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm aware that he can make his own choices. I still have to look out for him. A happy medium is he takes online courses for six months. A lot can change in six months.
View Quote
There are many things to think through. I wish you and your son the best.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I know there are paramedic programs that front load the didactic content and push clinical rotations and ride alongs to the end.  TX and MA offer online versions.  I suspect there are similar EMT programs out there.  Will probably still need to have all the boxed checked before they let you start.  Too much of a pain to track people down for missing documentation once they have started.
View Quote

The program I found said he can start the classes. Once he gets close to clinicals is where the fun starts again. Hoping by then they will no longer mandate it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#46]
My niece got through OSU-OKC’s program with a religious exemption. I went through it several years back and told them no on the flu vaccine. Usually they won’t say much if you are already enrolled.

Our fire academy required the vax to start with the last batch of recruits. 17 of them got Covid and they had to go home for a week. Go figure.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#47]
So much for my body my choose!
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#48]
not a day doesn't go by we don't learn more about the damage these nefarious injections have created

why the fuck would anyone ever allow themselves to be injected with this poison

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#49]
No job or career is worth potentially sacrificing your health over. He has a decent chance of a life altering side affect if he takes that shot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Damn thing is like the Mark of the Beast
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top