Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking guitar, I love body binding.

How's the tunning stability with the string tree removed? If good, I would just remove it.

Edit: those pickups you are waiting on. They going in this guitar?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it actually just the tree itself - meaning the actual cheap bent piece of metal, rather than its positioning? Hard to tell from the photo, but it almost looks like that one isn't quite symmetrical.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
the news pickups are for my Pinecaster. The G&B made pickups in the Schecter are outstanding.  It appears that the logo was placed slightly off and the worker was trying to avoid the logo, placing it incorrectly.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:25:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it actually just the tree itself - meaning the actual cheap bent piece of metal, rather than its positioning? Hard to tell from the photo, but it almost looks like that one isn't quite symmetrical.
View Quote

Thats what I meant by bending it, the flat part of the tree/guide didn't look even.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thats what I meant by bending it, the flat part of the tree/guide didn't look even.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i see what you mean now.  i thinks it lighting but i'm going to loosen and spin 180 to see if it offsets it any.  Who knows? Its a budget neutral fix if it works.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice looking guitar. I love my Schecter and would like to get some more.

I would really like a Cabronita style tele  (bonus if baritone).
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love my Schecter and would like to get some more.
View Quote

I need to build a new stand so that I can keep all of mine together, as I've since added an Omen Extreme FR in addition to these four:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I need to build a new stand so that I can keep all of mine together, as I've since added an Omen Extreme FR in addition to these four:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106617/IMG_20201231_161928__2__jpg-1818077.JPG
View Quote

A man who enjoys the finer things!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How's the tunning stability with the string tree removed? If good, I would just remove it.

View Quote

I've never like a Tele without two trees. Just an intangible thing I guess, feel, resonance. It seems to be pretty stable though the Bigsby hadn't found its sweet spot yet. Stays in tune well but sometimes still need to wiggle it a bit or give it a hard release.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Swapped the roller trees from my SX Liquid with the butterfly trees on the PT.  Drilled new holes and now have them lined up nicely. These cheapie roller trees have served me well.  The vintage style PT ones look better on the SX anyway...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
My licensed Bigsby B50 on the PT is pretty stable as Bigsby's or trems in general go, but still has a little bit of slop. Ordered the BiggsFix replacement tension bar with sealed bearings for $32 delivered to replace the one with plastic bushings, basically making it a B5.  Roller trees, Tusq nut, roller bridge, all- bearing Bigsby....can't see how I could make any other upgrades to reduce friction.  I opted not to go with the BiggsFix that changes the break angle over the bridge since the roller bridge eliminates that issue.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Merrow mk3 artist 7 string and it is about as perfect as a guitar can get.

I had to hide the credit card for this.  Custom shop Nick johnston PT with Aged nitro finish... $3500.....

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a Merrow mk3 artist 7 string and it is about as perfect as a guitar can get.

I had to hide the credit card for this.  Custom shop Nick johnston PT with Aged nitro finish... $3500.....

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1109/3324/products/DSC1178_600x_crop_center.jpg?v=1616121320
View Quote

There's a reason Schecter USA pickups are unicorns on the used market.  Notice how many people swap out Fender pickups, even on models costing $1k-$2500.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My licensed Bigsby B50 on the PT is pretty stable as Bigsby's or trems in general go, but still has a little bit of slop. Ordered the BiggsFix replacement tension bar with sealed bearings for $32 delivered to replace the one with plastic bushings, basically making it a B5.  Roller trees, Tusq nut, roller bridge, all- bearing Bigsby....can't see how I could make any other upgrades to reduce friction.  I opted not to go with the BiggsFix that changes the break angle over the bridge since the roller bridge eliminates that issue.  

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0507/9561/0309/products/SBR-V3_1512x.jpg?v=1603826345

View Quote

Wow.  I didnt expect much but this tightened things up nicely. Now if you ride the bar back back to zero, just enough to prevent bounce, its spot on every time. Well worth the $25.  Part# SBR-V3 for anyone else with a "Licensed" Bigsby (B50, B70, B700).
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Wow.  I didnt expect much but this tightened things up nicely. Now if you ride the bar back back to zero, just enough to prevent bounce, its spot on every time. Well worth the $25.  Part# SBR-V3 for anyone else with a "Licensed" Bigsby (B50, B70, B700).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0507/9561/0309/products/SBR-V3_1512x.jpg?v=1603826345

Noted for future reference (I'm away from the ammo/guitar fort for a month on the Downeast Coast).
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Since this is the de factor Schecter thread now...

Attachment Attached File

Older Damien Solo Elite. Some minor scratches and a few very small finish chips, almost all on the back. In need of a good cleaning (fretboard is good, but the bridge is pretty disgusting), but plays well. Definitely worth the $365.

This is my sixth Schecter. I have plans drawn up for a new five-position rack-style stand that was intended to hold all of my Schecters, but looks like that's not going to work out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top