Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/26/2021 2:04:22 PM EDT
An iOS developer applied to DDG and got immediately declined - so he made up a fake WOKE resume and submitted it. Here's the result:

Here's the hiring manager in question:

Here's the thread
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It's fucking ugly,  and I wouldn't expect anything else from a retard with the they/ them thing
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Just because one hiring manager wants a girlfriend doesn't mean the entire company is woke.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Sooo....  what search engine now?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just because one hiring manager wants a girlfriend doesn't mean the entire company is woke.

Kharn
View Quote

There's a lot more going on in that second resume than sex/gender...
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Systemic racism - this is what it looks like. And it's not what we're told it looks like.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Welp I started using brave search as much as I can. Its not very good right now but works ok for some things.  Why do companies hire these crazy people? If I see pronouns, that tells me this person is a nut, an immediate disqualification for anything.

Its just more divisive BS. Stupid people just lap it up.  ugh.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
That was DDG's only edge. And now they lost it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#10]
In for new search engine
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Brave has a new search engine. I haven't used it yet, but I guess it's time to try it out.

ETA: https://search.brave.com/
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Race to the bottom.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Brave has a new search engine. I haven't used it yet, but I guess it's time to try it out.

View Quote

I use this as my regular now. It gets me by 98% of the time.   In brave browser you can select it as your default.

It doesn't piggy back on bigtech like the others. DDG used bing, for example. Which is tainted results from the start..

Brave search is it's own search from the bottom up.  And the more it is used, the better/smarter it gets.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Systemic racism - this is what it looks like. And it's not what we're told it looks like.
View Quote

It's also why so many companies suck as companies now.

They would rather hire a less qualified person over a more qualified person because the person hiring is also a less then qualified hire. In the end, you end up with mediocrity.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

True, but within a decade her hiring decision will turn that company left from the bottom up.  One day they'll decide they no longer will allow conservative voices in search results, and will stage a sick out until management relents.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#16]
We've reached the point where, unless you're straight white male, I just assume you weren't hired on merit.
And, if you are a straight white male, I assume you're a fucking superstar.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Brave...
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#18]
What about the content of his character?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unfortunately Brave Search isn't ready for prime time yet. I tried using it for about a month, and it's horrible. I found that I almost always had to use another engine in order to get anything usable. Nice concept, but not ready yet. Give it a few months or a year to grow.

Another alternative that I've been using lately is Startpage. It's essentially a filter for Google; it put sat least two layers of privacy between you and Google so that they can't track your searches. You essentially get the functionality of Google - which is still hands down the best engine - but with a layer of anonymity that prevents them from tracking you and building a profile on you. If you want an extra layer of security, you can view pages in Anonymous View, which lets you view pages you go to from the engine privately.

Startpage

How Startpage Works

I've still been using DDG as a daily driver, but have ben defaulting to Startpage more and more lately, as the quality of the searches matches Google's, which is undoubtedly the best.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Unfortunately Brave Search isn't ready for prime time yet. I tried using it for about a month, and it's horrible. I found that I almost always had to use another engine in order to get anything usable. Nice concept, but not ready yet. Give it a few months or a year to grow.

Another alternative that I've been using lately is Startpage. It's essentially a filter for Google; it put sat least two layers of privacy between you and Google so that they can't track your searches. You essentially get the functionality of Google - which is still hands down the best engine - but with a layer of anonymity that prevents them from tracking you and building a profile on you. If you want an extra layer of security, you can view pages in Anonymous View, which lets you view pages you go to from the engine privately.

Startpage

How Startpage Works

I've still been using DDG as a daily driver, but have ben defaulting to Startpage more and more lately, as the quality of the searches matches Google's, which is undoubtedly the best.
View Quote

lol. because startpage is google search results.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Use StartPage
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I've switched from Google to DDG and now am going to try out Brave but thinking of posting on DDG's social media the quote from President Trump, "Everything woke turns to shit" and see ya later.

The use of pronouns is annoying but anymore it is getting hard to tell who is what.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#24]
WokeWokeGo can fuck off. I await Brave.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#26]
all tech companies are woke? my shocked face

if they hired people who knew what they were doing they wouldn't be 25 years behind in search to begin with
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote
DDG has always been bs. Just like Black Rifle Coffee Company.. they just get popular by pretending to be decent. I use Startpage.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, that's the whole point. Google has the best indexing by far, you'll get the best results.

Startpage let's you get Google results without the evil shit that Google want to do, like building your profile, fingerprinting, tracking/storing your search, etc.

Use in Brave Browser for best results.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

You stop using your brains.

Next thing we know you'll read stuff longer than a twitter post and you'll also know that woke =/= anything on the left, but is a defined thing in and of itself.

----

Newsflash to the thread: ddg said they are about privacy.

Not being conservative.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Yup, Brave is what I use for my desktop and mobile browsers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, that's the whole point. Google has the best indexing by far, you'll get the best results.

Startpage let's you get Google results without the evil shit that Google want to do, like building your profile, fingerprinting, tracking/storing your search, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except Google censors their results...
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#33]
That's just scary.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#34]
DuckDuckGo is not very good at catching day of stuff. I switched from Google to it but now I switched to Bing because of this. Bing isn’t good either.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What really sucks is that they are not search engines anymore and have not been for some while.

They are "look at what you typed, translate that into something else based on a GUESS, and give you search results for the guess, not your text input" engines.

The only somewhat-exception is when you force google to do verbatim search.

I want a search engine that searches for the text I put in. I don't want some pretentious jerk who doesn't know what he doesn't know guessing for me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yup, Brave is what I use for my desktop and mobile browsers.
View Quote

And you earn shitcoins while doing it!
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#37]
It is a mistake to assume that companies share the same values as their target markets. Just because they see you as a user doesn't mean they like you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Almost all HR staff are woke, regardless of what the ethos of the rest of the company is.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do they? When I search Startpage and Google side-by-side, I get nearly identical results. They'll be slightly different because of Google's browser fingerprinting (which I actively try to minimize in day-to-day work), but accounting for that slight variation there's no discernible difference.

The results are quite a bit better than DDG, too, as DDG is simply using Bing to get its results.

I don't think that Google censors Startpage at all. I don't think that they really can, as it's basically the equivalent of searching Google while not signed in, and in a browser that's not fingerprinted.

I KNOW that they censor you and I though. That's a fact.

Here's the problem we have. Brave Search is a good concept but isn't ready yet. DDG is a good concept, but it relies on Bing for results, and Bing just isn't as good as Google. Google is obviously evil. Startpage gets you Google's results without Google's evil.

See Braxman's video on this subject, skip to 13:50 if you just want the discussion on Startpage:

Search Engines Match Up - Why Say No to Google?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Welcome to corporate America.

They aren't alone.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What really sucks is that they are not search engines anymore and have not been for some while.

They are "look at what you typed, translate that into something else based on a GUESS, and give you search results for the guess, not your text input" engines.

The only somewhat-exception is when you force google to do verbatim search.

I want a search engine that searches for the text I put in. I don't want some pretentious jerk who doesn't know what he doesn't know guessing for me.
View Quote

If you have a newsletter, subscribe me to it. And make sure to let me know if you find a search engine for people that can computer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone beating them up in social media for it? I use DDG as well. I'll be trying out Brave now. Noticed DDG are claiming to be carbon neutral also. Any organization that is not expressly anti communist will be infiltrated and turned communist.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Brave is what I came to post. Seems to work fine on my devices.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Switched to DDG from Google a few years ago...just switched back to Google until there's a better (not woke) option. Yeah, Google is as woke as it gets, but DDG stabbed us in the back.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's fucking ugly,  and I wouldn't expect anything else from a retard with the they/ them thing
View Quote

My pronouns are "Bro & Dude"
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
An iOS developer applied to DDG and got immediately declined - so he made up a fake WOKE resume and submitted it. Here's the result:
Here's the thread
View Quote

One of the replies. lol

for wagies who don’t want to take the tranny pill i guess you can make a black woman filter app that changes your voice and face for remote meetings and interviews
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Brave search with brave browser it is now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Brave...
View Quote

Can someone tell a tech semi-literate where to go to get the browser and how to install it on my fire hd8 tablet? Please and thank you........
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

She's fat enough to warrant a plural pronoun.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top