Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2018 9:49:23 PM EDT
I grew up in a small North Dakota town. People that didn't dress in Carhartts and Wranglers got beaten.

I'd like now to dress a little better day to day, as well as start shaving with a proper razor, at least until I can grow a proper beard.

Any tips, gentlemen of Arfcom?

I'm a college student, soon to be part time engineer/farmer. I want to purchase a good overcoat for when I perform with my trumpet in concert bands (we wear suits), a good safety razor or straight razor, and some respectable clothes for dating and attracting women for dating.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if serious.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure if serious.
View Quote
What would make you think I'm not, O master of the Rothschild money laundering machine?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Not hard.

For casual wear I like Costco jeans, they look good and cost only 15 bucks.  For shirts go to khols and get some nice polo shirts or if you like flannel get some of those.  .

But I still wear my charhartt jacket.  You would be surprised but Carhartt is becoming fashionable.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The schlub is not in the clothes alone.

NorthPlains hipster attitudes and interests would be a change.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not hard.

For casual wear I like Costco jeans, they look good and cost only 15 bucks.  For shirts go to khols and get some nice polo shirts or if you like flannel get some of those.  .

But I still wear my charhartt jacket.  You would be surprised but Carhartt is becoming fashionable.
View Quote
This guy. Do not listen to him.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What would make you think I'm not, O master of the Rothschild money laundering machine?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure if serious.
Ok then but how nice are we talking? Sleeves and collars? Cumberbun? Or nice jeans and nice shoes with a nice t shirt? And why
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Banana Republic outlet for a cheap but smart looking wardrobe. Old Navy for basically the same shit but even cheaper and slightly less "formal"
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Look up “Real Men, Real Style” on YouTube.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am wearing lucky jeans from Costco.

He doesn't want to look like a rug hand not some inner city fag.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Costco jeans, and Lucky Brand jeans you bought at Costco are too entirely different things.

OP, I'll second the recommendation of Real Men, Real Style on YouTube, and also recommend Alpha M. The dude that looks and acts like Gomez Adams has some good info, but he's a little over the top. Plus, he's creepy as fuck!

The easiest thing to do in your case is while you're learning from these videos, find someone that you really like their style and model from them. Whether you want to be James Bond or Frank Sinatra, just pick someone and run with it. By the way, the Alan Greenspan remark was great!
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#11]
clothes that FIT.  even "cheap" shirts from kohls/wherever can be fitted by a good seamstress.

not wal mart garbage made for average 400 lb muerican...
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]
look up mens fashion on Pinterest.  you'll see everyday to over the top fashion model type stuff.  take your pick.  good shoes are a must.  colored laces will bring a woman's eye to them.  that will give them a chance to see the rest of the package on the way up.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are prepared to wade through the silliness, and if you take advantage of their excellent guides, you can find quite a bit of solid information at

https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/new/

But, like I said, you will need to use the search engine to sort through the nonsense. Still, there is good info there if you are patient enough to find it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
You're in the right spot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Please take everyone's advice in this thread
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Get yourself a fedora.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 12:38:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Join the military. You'll get some spiffy duds and learn how to wear them properly.  Women love a man in a uniform.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top