Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 9/4/2019 1:25:54 PM EDT
Kitty does not like to have her front paws touched/massaged

Her hind paws she'll put up with but front ones? Nah.

How about your kitty?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Our cat will abide front and back paw touching if he is sleepy or relaxed. Same goes for belly rubs, touching of ears, nose, etc.

If he is agitated, touching of the paws signals you wish to engage him in single combat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a cat but my DDR Shepherd will absolutely not let me touch his paws...If I do he hollers like I stabbed him! Weird as hell as the Mrs can touch his paws and he doesnt care???
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
My cat could care less. Attention? Sure, I'll have some more, please

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:my DDR Shepherd will absolutely not let me touch his paws
View Quote
I've never met a shepard that liked it's paws being touched.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't touch my belly no matter how much I stretch and invite it or you will get raked and bit. My cat has some Siamese and a screw loose upstairs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
First couple of paw touches will get a polite relocation of paw.

Then the paw covers the hand and the claws may or may not come out.

Once the claws are out, it requires head scritches for removal of paws and claws.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
All my animals regularly get paws, ears, mouths, and tails handled. Nail trims, toothbrushing/scaling, ear cleaning, tick checks, and having small children around mean that I need animals trained to be tolerant of any type of contact, invited or unexpected, whether it’s comfortable or not. Makes vet visits much easier too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#7]
My present male cat, Timmy, doesn't like his front feet touched or handled most of the time. I don't know why, but once in a while, I can hold onto them and he's fine with it. Back feet he's fine with.

Most of the dogs I've had were males and none of them really liked their front feet being touched. The two females were much better about it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#9]
No touchy da paws.  I said NO TOUCHY!!!!!!!!!

He gets held on his back to get trimmed.  Fronts, anyway.  Need the psych ward staff for trimming of his rear paws.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#10]
For cats to accept that you need to start with it when they are kittens.  Very useful for trimming claws to have them used to it young.

Older ones, forget it.

My cat will spread her toes and stretch out so I can rub around giving her a little massage, but the second it tickles a little bit she withdraws and will swat at me over it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top