Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 12/14/2018 11:40:12 PM EDT
We've had a shelter rescue since 2010. Got him as a puppy and he slept in our bed. While my wife was pregnant in 2014 he stopped sleeping in the bed, I think because she got up a lot, he never came back to sleeping in the bed. This fall we moved and he has now slept with us every night. I forgot how persistent he can be in getting a good spot in the bed lol!
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe wants the comfort and security after the move.

He’s family too!
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Dogs are in noways strange. They're an idiosyncratic gift from God, prone to erratic, unusual, often nonsensical behavior patterns that are not for simple minded humans to even begin to understand. One must simply accept them as they are, love them as they love us, and laugh at them, and with them, as circumstances dictate. Any other attempts to suss them out will only break the bond we have with them as mentors and friends, and doom you to frequent large piles of poop and puke in the most inopportune times and places.

Ask me how I know this
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Fourteen years old this past October.  He used to sleep on my side of the bed when I worked nights.  Now we're just happy when he wakes up everyday.  Won't be long though, but we hope he keeps waking up until after the kids and grandkids leave after Christmas.

With the exception of my wife, he's my best friend.  And now I woke him up taking the picture and he wants go for a walk in the pouring rain...PITA dog

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I think dogs are very similar to little kids, about 2 to 5 years old.

Some are very smart, some not.  Some are very stubborn, some not.  Some obey easily/quickly, some don't.  Some are really insecure due to something that happened to them when they were little/before I got them.

I could write a long post about the behaviors of my three dogs.  They are similar in some ways, very different in others.  Some are very needy, some aren't.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top