Link Posted: 6/25/2020 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Freaky.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Shame about the potato quality.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#4]
He just real deal tryin to make sure he aint tripping. Like the first time I thought I saw li#×le peop!$ in the woods. That spooked me good.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:57:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He just real deal tryin to make sure he aint tripping. Like the first time I thought I saw li#×le peop!$ in the woods. That spooked me good.
View Quote

Explain?

Good job, not actually naming them.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Thread needs more detail
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:06:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Explain?

View Quote

I had a best friend who was Shawnee that told me enough to know that I shouldn't ask any more questions. We camped alot and saw some strange shit that only he could explain. I can not. There are forces out there larger than us and that is all I will say. Peace.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#8]
i saw it then paused frames looked real enought. looked taller than what saw but about the speed.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#9]
That’s a lot more terrifying than what I saw at 18.

I’m glad I ran into what I did, instead of that thing lol.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That’s a lot more terrifying than what I saw at 18.

I’m glad I ran into what I did, instead of that thing lol.
View Quote

What did you see?
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What did you see?
View Quote

Actually I was around 16 I think.  I left my grandparents house during the middle of the day after lunch one summer. I was driving my old 78 ford truck and saw a dog/wolf thing walking on two legs.  It didn’t pay me any mind, but then it realized that I actually saw it.  There was an incredulous look on its face almost As if it was used to not being seen?, it then stepped behind a tree And I haven’t seen it since.

It was not a hulking creature at all, it was lithe and 6ish feet tall.  It had an air of intelligence and a cunning look to it.  

I’ve never seen anything else like that since.  Who knows maybe the bread from my sandwich my grandma made had ergot in it?
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 12:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actually I was around 16 I think.  I left my grandparents house during the middle of the day after lunch one summer. I was driving my old 78 ford truck and saw a dog/wolf thing walking on two legs.  It didn’t pay me any mind, but then it realized that I actually saw it.  There was an incredulous look on its face almost As if it was used to not being seen?, it then stepped behind a tree And I haven’t seen it since.

It was not a hulking creature at all, it was lithe and 6ish feet tall.  It had an air of intelligence and a cunning look to it.  

I’ve never seen anything else like that since.  Who knows maybe the bread from my sandwich my grandma made had ergot in it?
View Quote

Damn.

Thanks for responding!

Link Posted: 6/27/2020 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I had a best friend who was Shawnee that told me enough to know that I shouldn't ask any more questions. We camped alot and saw some strange shit that only he could explain. I can not. There are forces out there larger than us and that is all I will say. Peace.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain?

Explain "strange shit" without risking anything.

Link Posted: 6/27/2020 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

What is risked?  Serious question. Also why don’t you spell out the name?
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many believe they can be summoned if you're not cautious. Some folks don't believe that at all.

Just treading carefully.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#16]
In another thread I posted what might have been some bigfeet evidence at my place in southeast Oklahoma. I had not heard of Dogmen put someone mentioned them and it made me remember this.

“Ok, I had not heard of dogmen but that might explain something. My neighbor has some country ass dogs. Shepard and cattle dog mix, shepard and dane, Pit and Rot. They love us and love playing with our city assed dogs when we are up there. They are not scared of shit. They have routinely killed coyotes and wild dogs. They run towards the fight.
Last year, we were hanging out one evening on the porch and there was some distant dog howl sound. All 3 of the country dogs instantly cowered. They tucked tail and got behind us by the wall. Craziest thing I have ever seen. Visibly scared. The city dogs didn't know any better. It was unnerving. These country dogs do not even know what the inside of a house looks like and they rushed into our house as soon as we opened the door. Only time they ever did that in 9 years. We put them in the laundry room that night and they just laid there and didn't budge or do shit until the morning, and then they were fine. Dogman? Wolfen?“

One single distant dog noise caused this behavior. And like I mentioned, the country dogs kill coyotes and I have never seen them scared of anything.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I live not far from Elkhorn, never once have I seen a dogman but I sure would like to, I don't care how scary it is
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I watched a little bit of it with the sound off. That was fucked up. I hope to never see one.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 12:49:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In another thread I posted what might have been some bigfeet evidence at my place in southeast Oklahoma. I had not heard of Dogmen put someone mentioned them and it made me remember this.

“Ok, I had not heard of dogmen but that might explain something. My neighbor has some country ass dogs. Shepard and cattle dog mix, shepard and dane, Pit and Rot. They love us and love playing with our city assed dogs when we are up there. They are not scared of shit. They have routinely killed coyotes and wild dogs. They run towards the fight.
Last year, we were hanging out one evening on the porch and there was some distant dog howl sound. All 3 of the country dogs instantly cowered. They tucked tail and got behind us by the wall. Craziest thing I have ever seen. Visibly scared. The city dogs didn't know any better. It was unnerving. These country dogs do not even know what the inside of a house looks like and they rushed into our house as soon as we opened the door. Only time they ever did that in 9 years. We put them in the laundry room that night and they just laid there and didn't budge or do shit until the morning, and then they were fine. Dogman? Wolfen?“

One single distant dog noise caused this behavior. And like I mentioned, the country dogs kill coyotes and I have never seen them scared of anything.
View Quote

I heard two very wolf-like howls in Van Zandt county Texas one evening about 3-4 years ago. I was broke down beside a creek on a county road, surrounded by woods at the time.  

I had never heard that before, and I spent many days/nights in nearby woods.

Link Posted: 6/28/2020 1:30:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain?

"visions"
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 1:49:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"visions"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain?

"visions"

That's one way, for sure.

Intriguing..
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

so did this lead you to faith in Christ?
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Intriguing..
View Quote

Ok, you already know this probably. The Shawnee don't place a lot of emphasis on the "stature deficient persons". Yes, they have beliefs and stories about them but not like other tribes. What I can tell you is to treat the "keebler elves" with respect, be polite, don't stare or fixate on them and just be cool. Otherwise they will wreck you and take your goodies. So I am told. ??
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

so did this lead you to faith in Christ?
View Quote

Already had that faith, so no.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#25]
The still pic that he/she referred to in beginning of the clip from their Facebook page. Sorry, I Had to do screenshots cause I couldn't figure how to download

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Edited to add: he says what's in this picture is different creature from what he got in the live video

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Fuck, there isn't enough nope in the world.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ok, you already know this probably. The Shawnee don't place a lot of emphasis on the "stature deficient persons". Yes, they have beliefs and stories about them but not like other tribes. What I can tell you is to treat the "keebler elves" with respect, be polite, don't stare or fixate on them and just be cool. Otherwise they will wreck you and take your goodies. So I am told. ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Intriguing..

Mischievous lil, fuckers, for sure. Tiny Indians.

I almost, almost want to meet..

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:40:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The still pic that he/she referred to in beginning of the clip from their Facebook page. Sorry, I Had to do screenshots cause I couldn't figure how to download

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/419134/Screenshot_20200629-230313_Chrome_jpg-1482962.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/419134/Screenshot_20200629-230300_Chrome_jpg-1482963.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/419134/Screenshot_20200629-230137_Chrome_jpg-1482964.JPG

Edited to add: he says what's in this picture is different creature from what he got in the live video

View Quote

Too hard to tell, but who knows?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I`m not really seeing anything.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/419134/Screenshot_20200629-230313_Chrome_jpg-1482962.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/419134/Screenshot_20200629-230300_Chrome_jpg-1482963.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/419134/Screenshot_20200629-230137_Chrome_jpg-1482964.JPG

To me it looks a lot like a branch with peeling bark and shadows.
But camouflage works that way too.
On the whole, I'd rather not know.

ETA our brains are wired to recognize faces. We see them in rock formations, clouds, burnt toast, etc. The image appears to hint at an elongated face. But it seems very static for sequential stills. But that's just my opinion.
Like I have stated many times before, I'm skeptical in the particulars but open to possibilities - it cannot be disproved with certainty.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:48:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gmork.

Also, why aren't they called werewolves?
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Gmork.

Also, why aren't they called werewolves?
View Quote

Continental origin.

Werewolves are european.
Skinwalkers are north american.

Also has something to do with intent on the part of the 'creature'.

European traditions have some witch action that is shapeshifter/werewolf related.  The witch can wrap an animal skin or belt around them and shapeshift at will.  The werewolf is an accidental victim. They are cursed and not a willing shapeshifter.  And this depends on the historic period, the region, and the cultural neurosis of the time and place. It all varies.

Hundreds of years of written folklore on this stuff in the Eurasian/African cultures.
The North American folklore isn't nearly so cohesive. There's not a 'library' or catalog of corresponding characteristics.
It's all different depending on the local source.  

Are Dogmen the same as Skinwalkers? Are they just another tribe?  Are they a shamanistic expression?  Are they Bigfoot?  Are they people that are shapeshifters?  Are they doing it intentionally or are they cursed?

Depends who is telling the story.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Mischievous lil, fuckers, for sure. Tiny Indians.

I almost, almost want to meet..

View Quote

Best that they see you before you see them.  It's always polite to tip your hat or bow and "God bless you, Merry Sir (or Ma'am) (or Folk)".  Politeness goes a long ways with the Gentry.

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

don't mess with the little people. don't fall for their pranks or help them in any way. just ignore and avoid. most eastern tribes will tell you this.

most tribes will also tell you to stand and kill the dogman on sight. unlike what they tell you do do with Hattaks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Continental origin.

Werewolves are european.
Skinwalkers are north american.

Also has something to do with intent on the part of the 'creature'.

European traditions have some witch action that is shapeshifter/werewolf related.  The witch can wrap an animal skin or belt around them and shapeshift at will.  The werewolf is an accidental victim. They are cursed and not a willing shapeshifter.  And this depends on the historic period, the region, and the cultural neurosis of the time and place. It all varies.

Hundreds of years of written folklore on this stuff in the Eurasian/African cultures.
The North American folklore isn't nearly so cohesive. There's not a 'library' or catalog of corresponding characteristics.
It's all different depending on the local source.  

Are Dogmen the same as Skinwalkers? Are they just another tribe?  Are they a shamanistic expression?  Are they Bigfoot?  Are they people that are shapeshifters?  Are they doing it intentionally or are they cursed?

Depends who is telling the story.
View Quote

I am under the impression that skinwalkers are not the same as dogmen, that skinwalkers are evil magic induced and dogmen are physically afflicted.

I am by no means an old hat or expert on this, I just really enjoy reading about this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I am under the impression that skinwalkers are not the same as dogmen, that skinwalkers are evil magic induced and dogmen are physically afflicted.

I am by no means an old hat or expert on this, I just really enjoy reading about this stuff.
View Quote

Dogmen have no connection to Skinwalkers/Shapeshifters.

Dogmen are a type of Sasquatch. the worst of them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I believe the same and meant to convey this previously.

Dogmen are a type of Sasquatch. the worst of them.

I am under the impression that dogmen or a wild canid humanoid that is still more animal than human despite appearances, and vica versa. That's probably a horrible oversimplification, but I am not trying to pick a fight or be contradictory.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I believe the same and meant to convey this previously.

I am under the impression that dogmen or a wild canid humanoid that is still more animal than human despite appearances, and vica versa. That's probably a horrible oversimplification, but I am not trying to pick a fight or be contradictory.
View Quote

none are human.

I firmly believe that humans are a totally separate entity than all other animals of the earth.

we share DNA only...with all animals. but then again we share the same DNA with Banana's and Grapes.

the more you study, the more the it all becomes murky.

lookup the Lloyd Pye video's on youtube.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
none are human.

I firmly believe that humans are a totally separate entity than all other animals of the earth.

we share DNA only...with all animals. but then again we share the same DNA with Banana's and Grapes.

the more you study, the more the it all becomes murky.

lookup the Lloyd Pye video's on youtube.
View Quote

Sorry again for the gross oversimplification, I simply meant I believe bigfoot is more human like, as in level of intelligence, reasoning, and stature more often than not than dogman, which is still more dog than man in intelligence, reasoning and stature. Both are far more intuitive and in tune with a forgetten world all around us than we are, but that's just the nature of divergence, but both are still evolution offshoots.

I believe skinwalkers are self inflicted through dark magic.

Again, no argument meant, just trying to clarify my impressions thus far, thank you for the conversation thus far.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 1:09:37 AM EDT
[#40]
In February or March, 1999, my wife and I were walking in our pasture and found some unusual tracks/impressions in mud and snow.  They were spaced about 6 or 7 feet apart, and were alternating as "left and right".  They consisted of three pads, each with a corresponding claw, nails or talon in front.  They were fairly large and the the pads were nearly as deep as my index finger was long.  At first I thought perhaps our dog (60lb mutt) may have been responsible.  I had to walk back to our house to find any of her paw prints in snow, but they were way too small and were a normal dog track with 4 pads with claws in front, and a larger pad behind and centered.

I didn't have a camera available, and my sister and her husband had my camcorder, so I drew a sketch in a notebook.  
I showed my sketch to the game warden in my area (I personally knew him), and he assured me it was "just a dog track", even though they were alternating left and right, were 6 or 7 feet apart, had only three pads and claws, and looked nothing like a dog track.

Years later (2016),  I was at the Mothman Festival in Point Pleasant, WV, and had opportunities to speak with Ken Gerhardt, Stan Gordon, and Loren Coleman, individually.   I described everything just as I did here, and reproduced my sketch.  None of them had seen anything like this before, however, Loren Coleman suggested it was a dog.

I don't know what made the tracks/impressions, but I have never believed they were made by a dog.

Below is my attempt to recreate my sketch with "paint". The front of the claws were pointed, though I wasn't able to reproduce that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In February or March, 1999, my wife and I were walking in our pasture and found some unusual tracks/impressions in mud and snow.  They were spaced about 6 or 7 feet apart, and were alternating as "left and right".  They consisted of three pads, each with a corresponding claw, nails or talon in front.  They were fairly large and the the pads were nearly as deep as my index finger was long.  At first I thought perhaps our dog (60lb mutt) may have been responsible.  I had to walk back to our house to find any of her paw prints in snow, but they were way too small and were a normal dog track with 4 pads with claws in front, and a larger pad behind and centered.

I didn't have a camera available, and my sister and her husband had my camcorder, so I drew a sketch in a notebook.  
I showed my sketch to the game warden in my area (I personally knew him), and he assured me it was "just a dog track", even though they were alternating left and right, were 6 or 7 feet apart, had only three pads and claws, and looked nothing like a dog track.

Years later (2016),  I was at the Mothman Festival in Point Pleasant, WV, and had opportunities to speak with Ken Gerhardt, Stan Gordon, and Loren Coleman, individually.   I described everything just as I did here, and reproduced my sketch.  None of them had seen anything like this before, however, Loren Coleman suggested it was a dog.

I don't know what made the tracks/impressions, but I have never believed they were made by a dog.

Below is my attempt to recreate my sketch with "paint". The front of the claws were pointed, though I wasn't able to reproduce that.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/110515/Unknown_track__png-1603559.JPG
View Quote

@yankee43 what was the approximate dimension in length and width of the overall track?
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@yankee43 what was the approximate dimension in length and width of the overall track?
View Quote

The width of all three pads together was approx. 4", the length of each pad was approx. 3".    Overall length pads w/claws approx. 4", maybe a little more.
(I'm scratching my brain here at a 21-1/2 year old event/memory)

Do you have any idea what made the impressions I found?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 1:28:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Yeah that was damn freaky.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The width of all three pads together was approx. 4", the length of each pad was approx. 3".    Overall length pads w/claws approx. 4", maybe a little more.
(I'm scratching my brain here at a 21-1/2 year old event/memory)

Do you have any idea what made the impressions I found?
View Quote

No, unfortunately I dont. I was just trying to get a mental image of the overall size, but like you, I am stumped.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Through all the reading I’ve done and listening to personal stories, the encounter with these things sound like the stuff of nightmares.

Most witnesses state a true sense of dread and the overwhelming sense that this creature is pure evil.

Very different vibe and mood from the average Bigfoot encounter. Many people believe the dog man is demonic.

Myself, I have no idea.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:50:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have personally seen 2 dog men while driving though WVA on bright January night back in 92 or 93.  The lead creature leaped at and attempted to attack my car.  My brother was in the car with me and the story has been read on the Dixie Cryptid YouTube channel.  I was driving and my brother was half sleeping when I first saw them at the tree line on the Southbound side of I77.  I gave an audible “What the hell” which woke him from his nap.  In the brief few seconds since my outburst, to DM ran on all 4’s like hyena’s, went bi pedal on the side of the highway, leaped across the SB lanes in 2 steps, leaped across the media and in a single bound, the lead created, ears back, hair up, jaws wide open and fiery red eyes, lunged at my car as we passed.  

Scared the crap out of me.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have personally seen 2 dog men while driving though WVA on bright January night back in 92 or 93.  The lead creature leaped at and attempted to attack my car.  My brother was in the car with me and the story has been read on the Dixie Cryptid YouTube channel.  I was driving and my brother was half sleeping when I first saw them at the tree line on the Southbound side of I77.  I gave an audible “What the hell” which woke him from his nap.  In the brief few seconds since my outburst, to DM ran on all 4’s like hyena’s, went bi pedal on the side of the highway, leaped across the SB lanes in 2 steps, leaped across the media and in a single bound, the lead created, ears back, hair up, jaws wide open and fiery red eyes, lunged at my car as we passed.  

View Quote

I’ll bite... @dv8

Why do you think they singled you out?
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, I haven't heard those details from you before.  Do you think they wanted you to crash?  It kind of sounds like you were on the menu that night.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top