Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2023 5:09:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2T2_Crash]
My cousin passed away in August and his best friend/Battle Buddy from the USMC is adopting him but lives in Georgia (dog located in WA).

Are there any recommended pet transportation services that ARFCOM has had experience with? My neighbor had a pooch shipped from TX up here and she said the conditions for the dogs were... not good.

ETA: the dog is a GSD, so not a small animal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Back when Joker1 was with us there were a lot of threads in GD where ARF members moved the dog cross country one leg at a time. It took a little coordination but I never recall a negative comment when people moved dogs with ARF's help.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to the Joker forum and ask for @imperfectlyperfect3 or @kitties-with-sigs (hope I got the usernames correct)

see if they can help pull together a group (there is a list of people across the country who have volunteered to help)

Joker's animal rescue forum (ARFCOM)
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#3]
will do, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

@2T2_Crash

Send me an IM.

~Kitties
View Quote

@Kitties-with-Sigs message sent.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top