Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/20/2021 9:28:12 AM EDT
Dog mommy culture has got to go. For real.

I used to date a girl. She was nice and all, but she lived in like a 600sq ft apartment downtown and had two dogs. One was this hulking 80ish pound rottweiler thing and the other was a small terrier. She worked as a nurse, so she was out of the house for 14 hours.

The rottweiler would get fed and get immediately put in his crate at 0600 until 2000ish. 14 hours plus in the crate, 3-4 times a week. The terrier was too stupid to get housebroken so it just got to run free but shit on potty pads, about half the time.

Like, how you gonna be talking about "he's my baby, he's a good boy" buying it clothes and shit, feeding it the blue buffalo organic woozy doozy food from Costco, but, it gets to lay in a crate for 14 hours with nothing to do, no water, and a massive poop right at the gate? Physically, that's bad, but psychologically that'll wreck a damn dog.

Dog life ain't for everybody and sadly it's often only the dog that realizes it
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome friend and fellow enthusiast.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#3]
CSB

What is/was your other screen name?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#5]
We have no kids, we have 16 rescue dogs. Wife runs a high end boarding service. She's a dog mom and all of ours are spoiled as hell.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:35:45 AM EDT
[#6]
She needs a cat, not a dog
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like she needs a cat. Crazy cat lady stigma has led to the rise of doggie daughters/sons.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn OP! Sounds like you were the pack's bitch.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Pics of nurse?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Misdirected maternal instincts is a symptom of a dying culture.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

There are also women that aren't able to procreate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

QFT, they are animals, not people.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I used to date a girl.
View Quote

stopped there. you didn't and back in my day trolling meant something.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#14]
A common manifestation of materialism.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#15]
That’s not dog mommy culture. That’s just a crappy owner.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I used to date a girl. She was nice and all, but she lived in like a 600sq ft apartment downtown and had two dogs. One was this hulking 80ish pound rottweiler thing and the other was a small terrier. She worked as a nurse, so she was out of the house for 14 hours.

The rottweiler would get fed and get immediately put in his crate at 0600 until 2000ish. 14 hours plus in the crate, 3-4 times a week. The terrier was too stupid to get housebroken so it just got to run free but shit on potty pads, about half the time.

Like, how you gonna be talking about "he's my baby, he's a good boy" buying it clothes and shit, feeding it the blue buffalo organic woozy doozy food from Costco, but, it gets to lay in a crate for 14 hours with nothing to do, no water, and a massive poop right at the gate? Physically, that's bad, but psychologically that'll wreck a damn dog.

Dog life ain't for everybody and sadly it's often only the dog that realizes it
View Quote

That's not a dog life, that's hell for a dog. I despise people like that.

When you dated, I hope you set her straight. Yeah it takes balls.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#17]
No matter how much women want dogs to be children, that doesn’t make it so. My divorced sister in law just got a dog a few months ago and treats it like a human. Whatever makes her happy I guess, but it’s weird. I love pets just as much as anybody, but a pet isn’t a human.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I think this is a symptom of the cultural divide between urban and rural in America.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#19]
So you're still mad about mom stopping your breastfeeding.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's not a dog life, that's hell for a dog. I despise people like that.

When you dated, I hope you set her straight. Yeah it takes balls.
View Quote

I used to not think too much about this. We had a family pet dog. Mom worked in town and would come home on her break probably 19/20 working days a month so the dog was usually only home 4 hours at a crack, and she was never crated. Molly lived to be 15 btw

Or my uncle had hunting dogs he ran and worked regularly.

That's what "having a dog" used to mean to me
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#22]
It is absolutely cancer.  How many people do you see these days with cringe bumper stickers about "Who rescued who" etc about their dog.  I like dogs, but it is damn rare to see an obedient/sane one these days.  Fake service dogs are a whole other topic.  When I'm at Home Depot and someone thinks it's cute to let their dog come drool on my pant leg, I make it a point to walk into it/boot it off and keep trucking.  Get a f'ing life losers.  Dog people usually have disgusting homes where the dog also sleeps on the bed.  Many here are going to flame me for above, but I suppose I come from the old school where dogs were expected to be trained & sane.  USA has to take the cake for the highest population of spinster harpies keeping Skippy peanut butter in business.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The weird "dog moms" I know aren't able to procreate, but not because of some kind of medical problem with their reproductive system.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I have two dogs and share joint custody with my ex girlfriend. One dog is hers, the other is mine. They are both spoiled rotten. Mine takes special feeding and I have spent a lot of money on her because of health reasons. Well worth it to me.
I work and travel a lot so it is good she can come get them. She also will take them if I have errrr..company come over.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#25]
that is called animal abuse
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
that is called animal abuse
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have two dogs and share joint custody with my ex girlfriend. One dog is hers, the other is mine. They are both spoiled rotten. Mine takes special feeding and I have spent a lot of money on her because of health reasons. Well worth it to me.
I work and travel a lot so it is good she can come get them. She also will take them if I have errrr..company come over.
View Quote

"joint custody" bwahahahahahaha.  I'm sure that little story doesn't seem weird to any potential dates.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#28]
The biggest mistake I see with women and dogs are the women who think they need a Labrador because they live in the south. Nowhere to exercise it, no time to train it, they just buy the dog and wing it.

Labradors are a working breed. If you don't exercise them to the point of exhaustion every single day, they go fucking NUTS and start eating your house. I've seen this so many times, and it's just mind blowing. Half the time these dogs end up in the pound or given away (gotten rid of) because they are completely out of control.

If you don't have acres of land with a pond on it, DON'T BUY A LAB!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#29]
My dog goes in his " hut " all by himself.

I don't ever tell him to
He wants a nap, he goes in.
Otherwise he has the run of the house.

I am no dog dad...
But I share my French Frys with him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I think we need a name, like Incel for men, for a woman who is an a-sexual dog/cat owner. Someone who stepped out of the normal human culture of matting, pair bonding, having and raising children etc, and has replaced it with dog/cat ownership. Almost always involves depression and numerous anxiety disorders. They feel/realize that they cannot handle the stress of typical human relationships so they compensate with animals.

It's a mental illness.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nope.
View Quote

Locking a rottwiler in a cage for 14 hours is ok by you?

Edit: didnt see your follow up reply, nvm
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I guess that you don't want to see my Parrot Dad shirt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Parrot double tap.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#34]
True, but sadly most of those cases are because young girls are told to eat birth control pills like skittles, and then hit mid-20’s only to realize that a decade of hormone abuse has absolutely fucked their fertility.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#35]
There are people everywhere that aren't fit to own a dog, man and woman. It's sad to see. Sorry your neighbor is an asshole OP.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
True, but sadly most of those cases are because young girls are told to eat birth control pills like skittles, and then hit mid-20’s only to realize that a decade of hormone abuse has absolutely fucked their fertility.
View Quote

And then decide to start trying in their 30s.

Any brought forward in time from 100 years ago would assume we had lost a war and we're subject to inhuman conditions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#37]
It was nice to not read about ammo prices or lost USPS packages.   I guess....
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of unloved humans out there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

And mental status.

Good news is, birth control will be otc with our new overlords. Die patriarchy
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#40]
I googled dogging mommy and got an entirely different thing
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#42]
There's normal dog people and then there's over the top dog nuts and "rescue" fanatics who out themselves with vomit inducing phrases like, "fur baby" and "forever home".  I've unfortunately been in the homes of a few of the latter, which are disgusting and smell as you might imagine from multiple dogs to the point it makes you want to go straight home, strip down, and immediately jump in the shower.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm not sure what your point is. A bad dog owner who says she's a good dog owner is proof of dog mommy culture? And, that's bad?

Ok.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Welcome friend and fellow enthusiast.
View Quote

Snort
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what your point is. A bad dog owner who says she's a good dog owner is proof of dog mommy culture? And, that's bad?

Ok.
View Quote

His point was to get attention, and the mechanism was bitching about women. It’s the male version of posting selfies, and with a screen name like his, he’s been around here long enough to know it works.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#47]
She isn't a dog mommy, she's a piece of shit

When my dogs were puppies I felt terrible locking them up for 4 hours at a time

Now they spend their day lounging on a king sized pillow top bed
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's a feedback loop too. Dog can't be trusted at home because he chews, but he chews because he's bored and isolated, so he goes in the crate more, so he chews more
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
We have no kids, we have 16 rescue dogs. Wife runs a high end boarding service. She's a dog mom and all of ours are spoiled as hell.
View Quote

Are they kept outside in pens?

How many dogs is she looking after at any one time?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's a feedback loop too. Dog can't be trusted at home because he chews, but he chews because he's bored and isolated, so he goes in the crate more, so he chews more
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have coworkers that refuse to believe my golden retriever and husky have never chewed anything that wasn't a toy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top