Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2020 3:45:10 PM EDT
If so I'd like to talk with you and ask you a few questions if you do not mind! These questions are professional and about the gear, you use and other things.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Know someone who did.  He didn't care for it.  Might be a good job for someone who doesn't want to work much.

You sure change jobs a lot.  Why not get somewhere, stick with it, and build a retirement?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
VA Police at the hospital or VA-OIG Special Agents?

If its VA Police.....run as fast as you can away.  It is not law enforcement in any sense.  You are literally a security guard, taking orders from a doctor who runs the hospital, with inadequate training at their "Law Enforcement Training Academy" or LETC in Arkansas.  Notice I did not say FLETC.  In addition, you do not get FERS Federal Law Enforcement/Firefighter Special Retirement benefits.

And lets not forget any felony that occurs, MUST be reported to the OIG who gets first bite of the apple and if lucky, you may eventually find out somebody was arrested by them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]
In.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
VA Police at the hospital or VA-OIG Special Agents?

If its VA Police.....run as fast as you can away.  It is not law enforcement in any sense.  You are literally a security guard, taking orders from a doctor who runs the hospital, with inadequate training at their "Law Enforcement Training Academy" or LETC in Arkansas.  Notice I did not say FLETC.  In addition, you do not get FERS Federal Law Enforcement/Firefighter Special Retirement benefits.

And lets not forget any felony that occurs, MUST be reported to the OIG who gets first bite of the apple and if lucky, you may eventually find out somebody was arrested by them.
View Quote
I have had my fun 4 to 5 years on an Indian reservation you can have all the felonies and paperwork you want!

I don't mind getting paid $50k+ a year to be security guard it beats the $35k- a year working were I work now.

Also was told by neighbor who is in that they are talking about allowing them into FERS. Not sure if that is true one thing I'm trying to find out as all my local officers I know said it's true.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have had my fun 4 to 5 years on an Indian reservation you can have all the felonies and paperwork you want!

I don't mind getting paid $50k+ a year to be security guard it beats the $35k- a year working were I work now.

Also was told by neighbor who is in that they are talking about allowing them into FERS. Not sure if that is true one thing I'm trying to find out as all my local officers I know said it's true.
View Quote
BIA will look like a fine oiled machine compared to the VA.

If you'd not mind being a security guard, and you seem fine with that, then you know they don't any real police work.  Thus you really should not be worried about "the gear" unless you are a buff.  All you need to worry about is the gun you take out each morning is the same same one you will return to them before you go home.  The metal detectors to screen folks at some facilities are permanent fixture and you will get the training on LETC.  Gear should be the last thing on you mind.  Figure how you will occupy you mind and time while doing nothing all day because the doctor (hospital administrator) puts everyone in the shadows on a fixer, or decides the best option is to have you busting chops of the veterans for doing 5 mph in the parking lot or can't walk to the smoke shack to a cigarette in the five minutes between appointments and then go home and feeling great about yourself and have mad e a difference in the world.  After the 2019 report on excessively high brutality rates from the VA Police (due to poor identification of candidates, inadequate selection process, poor training, and lack of any real police duties under a command structure), more and more directors are limiting the daily duties and operations.

As for retirement, skip your neighbor for info.  It takes a federal LAW getting passed for that to happen.  It has been proposed more than once and never moved. Not even referred to a committee.  It ain't happening any time soon.

Just ignore the fact that they have annually reported to Congress that 35-40% percent of all VA facilities have an officer vacancy rate above 20%.  It's a revolving door.  But you didn't come here for advice of honesty.

Sounds like you will fit in good with the handful of folks who have settled or can't escape there.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

BIA will look like a fine oiled machine compared to the VA.

If you'd not mind being a security guard, and you seem fine with that, then you know they don't any real police work.  Thus you really should not be worried about "the gear" unless you are a buff.  All you need to worry about is the gun you take out each morning is the same same one you will return to them before you go home.  The metal detectors to screen folks at some facilities are permanent fixture and you will get the training on LETC.  Gear should be the last thing on you mind.  Figure how you will occupy you mind and time while doing nothing all day because the doctor (hospital administrator) puts everyone in the shadows on a fixer, or decides the best option is to have you busting chops of the veterans for doing 5 mph in the parking lot or can't walk to the smoke shack to a cigarette in the five minutes between appointments and then go home and feeling great about yourself and have mad e a difference in the world.  After the 2019 report on excessively high brutality rates from the VA Police (due to poor identification of candidates, inadequate selection process, poor training, and lack of any real police duties under a command structure), more and more directors are limiting the daily duties and operations.

As for retirement, skip your neighbor for info.  It takes a federal LAW getting passed for that to happen.  It has been proposed more than once and never moved. Not even referred to a committee.  It ain't happening any time soon.

Just ignore the fact that they have annually reported to Congress that 35-40% percent of all VA facilities have an officer vacancy rate above 20%.  It's a revolving door.  But you didn't come here for advice of honesty.

Sounds like you will fit in good with the handful of folks who have settled or can't escape there.
View Quote
You know $hit about the BIA that's a fact when you say well oiled machine! Ever worked for a place that called you "White Devil" it's OK?

How about this a dedication to a Blackhawk helicopter and they were short a man for the ceremony. Yet was told I'm the wrong color!

How about LT who stole drugs and money from evidence to feed his wife's habit and his!? Investigated yet was let free because he had his last name changed because he is a major witness and a snitch on stealing money from another reservation?

Or how about this! Officers show up to a rape and find out the victims last name and say "They are XYZ they deserve to be raped." That's the end of the investigation!

So how about we add murder to that and same outcome!

I have seen kids beaten to almost death and the parents not get a thing because of there last name!

I have been witness to officers who do there near 20 years and the BIA says to remember that case you messed up when you were a rookie? Well, you've fired no pension!

Please don't talk about the BIA or what is better unless you been there and experience the racism and corrupt agency that are!

Know VA is not the best but there are many other departments that are also not good!

As for gear you pinhead I was told that the holster that is issued and it was hard to draw from and most people had a hard time during qual time! So where is the problem finding out what holsters it is? You assume so you make an @ss of you and me!

Also if your not VA how do you know if they are going to get federal law enforcement retirement? Have a magic ball? You work for Congress?

Please tell me where you get your info from! I was BIA did 4 years how many did you do?

No disrespect!
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude I saw at Audi Murphy had a Serpa holster.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You know $hit about the BIA that's a fact when you say well oiled machine! Ever worked for a place that called you "White Devil" it's OK?

How about this a dedication to a Blackhawk helicopter and they were short a man for the ceremony. Yet was told I'm the wrong color!

How about LT who stole drugs and money from evidence to feed his wife's habit and his!? Investigated yet was let free because he had his last name changed because he is a major witness and a snitch on stealing money from another reservation?

Or how about this! Officers show up to a rape and find out the victims last name and say "They are XYZ they deserve to be raped." That's the end of the investigation!

I have seen kids beaten to almost death and the parents not get a thing because of there last name!

I have been witness to officers who do there near 20 years and the BIA says to remember that case you messed up when you were a rookie? Well, you've fired no pension!

Please don't talk about the BIA or what is better unless you been there and experience the racism and corrupt agency that are!

Know VA is not the best but there are many other departments that are also not good!

As for gear you pinhead I was told that the holster that is issued and it was hard to draw from and most people had a hard time during qual time! So where is the problem finding out what holsters it is? You assume so you make an @ss of you and me!

Also if your not VA how do you know if they are going to get federal law enforcement retirement? Have a magic ball? You work for Congress?

Please tell me where you get your info from! I was BIA did 4 years how many did you do?

No disrespect!
View Quote
I see you haven't changed.  I think I see why you can't stay employed for long anywhere.

Then again, maybe the VA would be a good fit for you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Dude, this is what, job #8 or 9? It's obvious you are not a good fit in this career, have you thought about managing a burger stand or something? Maybe learning a trade?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#10]
OP.....don't know where you are in TX but I HIGHLY suggest you ditch BIA and get an application in with BOP....FERS LE retirement...decent pay....it ain't glamorous and sometimes it's downright shitty.....but.....its got more going for it than both BIA and VA Police so there is that...and there's a shit ton of joints in Texas....
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:05:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dude, this is what, job #8 or 9? It's obvious you are not a good fit in this career, have you thought about managing a burger stand or something? Maybe learning a trade?
View Quote
Dude it's only 4 jobs so you are way off!
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:48:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I see you haven't changed.  I think I see why you can't stay employed for long anywhere.

View Quote
You have never worked for the BIA, FACT! You don't know what goes on there, in FACT!

Yes, I don't want to work for a prejudiced and corrupt agency! You might find it fun but I don't!

So are you advocating to work for corrupt law enforcement agencies? Just to get your retirement? If so then YOU sir are not in this job for the right reason! I want to help people!

Maybe you need to stop being a tool and if you don't have any good information then just don't post unless your just a troll!

I gave up on the park service because I did not want to be away from my family! If you feel a job is more important then the family that you!

Yes have not changed believe in to protect and serve same as I did in the military that I did three tours in Iraq as a machine gunner earning a Purple Heart along with many other awards!

Believe in rules and how even if your an officer you should also have to abide by them! Even more since your in a glass house!

So Colt tell me where do you come from? What your history?

Yes people don't like me because I follow the rules and do what is right!

I was fired from a deputy job because after I also most had a head on collision with a vehicle I turned on it and pursuit it for 20+ miles. Guy was DUI and told me he would have taken me to a town two hours away.

I charged him with DUI and evading arrest. Yet the sheriff said since we did not have an intoxalyzer they are going to drop all charges! Did not matter he failed all field sobriety test!

The fleeing of law enforcement is a felony here in Texas! Yet he walked free after 8 hours! All charges were dropped because if he was not drunk then he would not have tried to flee law enforcement!
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:55:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP.....don't know where you are in TX but I HIGHLY suggest you ditch BIA and get an application in with BOP....FERS LE retirement...decent pay....it ain't glamorous and sometimes it's downright shitty.....but.....its got more going for it than both BIA and VA Police so there is that...and there's a shit ton of joints in Texas....
View Quote
I have applied with the BOP it's funny they did not have the staff to give me a panel interview because they were short staff!

I have 10 years in FERS retirement! So only 10 more! I'm in Big Spring Texas and we have a low level penitentiary near me.

Like that much better then the VA but beggars can't be choosers! As I told Colt pretty much I can take a $35k job working at store or I can take a $60k working for the government!
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You have never worked for the BIA, FACT! You don't know what goes on there, in FACT!

Yes, I don't want to work for a prejudiced and corrupt agency! You might find it fun but I don't!

So are you advocating to work for corrupt law enforcement agencies? Just to get your retirement? If so then YOU sir are not in this job for the right reason! I want to help people!

Maybe you need to stop being a tool and if you don't have any good information then just don't post unless your just a troll!

I gave up on the park service because I did not want to be away from my family! If you feel a job is more important then the family that you!

Yes have not changed believe in to protect and serve same as I did in the military that I did three tours in Iraq as a machine gunner earning a Purple Heart along with many other awards!

Believe in rules and how even if your an officer you should also have to abide by them! Even more since your in a glass house!

So Colt tell me where do you come from? What your history?

Yes people don't like me because I follow the rules and do what is right!

I was fired from a deputy job because after I also most had a head on collision with a vehicle I turned on it and pursuit it for 20+ miles. Guy was DUI and told me he would have taken me to a town two hours away.

I charged him with DUI and evading arrest. Yet the sheriff said since we did not have an intoxalyzer they are going to drop all charges! Did not matter he failed all field sobriety test!

The fleeing of law enforcement is a felony here in Texas! Yet he walked free after 8 hours! All charges were dropped because if he was not drunk then he would not have tried to flee law enforcement!
View Quote
Guess you have it all figured out then.

Reference the above in your post in bold.......If you bothered to read my first post in this thread (and the first response in this thread) you would know I already posted a little information about this job.

A little word of advise.....yes there agencies out there with issues. But, when you change jobs as often as you do, it leads me to suspect its not them that is the problem.......

Why is it that every place you work at is corrupt? Find the answer to that question and everything might make sense.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, you didn't get hired at all the others you were SOO sure would hire you?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 12:24:27 AM EDT
[#16]
God damn, this thread is a dumpster fire. Also, the couple times my agency has had to talk to VA police about something, it was like dealing with Paul Blart Mall Cop.

Also, beware the cop who changes departments more than a couple times. If nowhere works out for you, it's probably you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:25:54 AM EDT
[#17]
iDK my VA police department has squared away guys, except for one that's kinda squirrelly. All are retired police or state troopers but all were go getters when they were on the job. I know their hands are pretty much tied behind their backs, they have a housing complex for vets that is not inside the fence of the VA but it's still on federal property. Drug dealers and prostitutes are a big problem but there is not a lot those guys can do due to who they answer to and how their system is structure. But those guys are not looking to get into a lot either. It's the right job for retired guys.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:39:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
same shit, different thread.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:43:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I would like to commend Tayous for his much improved written communication skills since that last Reservist AWAL Grrrr Mad! debacle that GD enjoyed so much.

Whatever happened to your stint in the National Guard?  Maybe AGR Supply Sergeant?

And Vet A cops might be a good fit for you.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 4:17:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't they top out as a 7 before becoming a supervisor?  Fuck that.  I'm a prison guard and I'm an 8.  Join the BOP before that.

Edit:  It actually appears that 6 is non supervisory and 7 is supervisor.  That sucks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 4:31:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have applied with the BOP it's funny they did not have the staff to give me a panel interview because they were short staff!

I have 10 years in FERS retirement! So only 10 more! I'm in Big Spring Texas and we have a low level penitentiary near me.

Like that much better then the VA but beggars can't be choosers! As I told Colt pretty much I can take a $35k job working at store or I can take a $60k working for the government!
View Quote
Try the BOP again.  If you're mobile move somewhere else.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:16:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn’t that near oil fields? Why not go work for the oil industry?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:55:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Boom!

J-
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Which could still be seen as a common denominator issue for a loooooot of people.

Me, 25 years, 1 job.

J-
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the BOP won’t even talk to you maybe you should try TSA. Sounds like you’d be a perfect fit there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No disrespect!
View Quote
*their
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
None of that says why you got fired.  It says you got into a pursuit and arrested a got for owi but didn't follow through on the process to get a chemical test.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I've not worked for VA, but I have talked to folks that do.  If you like police work and catching bad guys, then it won't be for you.  Personally, I would not like that 99% of my pool of charged people would come from the ranks of veterans who have honorably served their country and their families.

So a 60-year old war veteran forgot to secure a pistol in his car when he came in to his doctors appointment, is seen in the parking lot, and charged for firearm on government property... not a interdiction I would really worry about talking to people about... but yeah it's a real example.

Also, if you have issues with BIA not taking rape reports, murder reports, and other major felonies due to clan loyalties or other personal bias, then write, call, or stop in to the FBI office that covers that area of Indian Country and report the same.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
None of that says why you got fired.  It says you got into a pursuit and arrested a got for owi but didn't follow through on the process to get a chemical test.
View Quote
There is allllllllllllllllways more to the story.

J-
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

J-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

J-
Yeah... it's a Tayous thread. Half truths and bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#32]
My brother did work for the VA police for a short period of time and through no fault of his own is no longer employed there.

They're fighting to get him back in, but it is a wait and see game. I know people will say that he must have done something wrong, but I can tell you that is not the case for him.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I've  ever seen any previous posts by the OP but he doesn't exactly seem to have the right demeanor/emotional stability to be a LEO in any department. That and being a machine gunner for 3 separate deployments doesn't scream dependable. It sort of screams fuck up that can't shoot. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong but I doubt I am this time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've  ever seen any previous posts by the OP but he doesn't exactly seem to have the right demeanor/emotional stability to be a LEO in any department. That and being a machine gunner for 3 separate deployments doesn't scream dependable. It sort of screams fuck up that can't shoot. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong but I doubt I am this time.
View Quote
Why? IIRC the OP says he was in the Marines. Machine gunners have their own MOS on that side.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why? IIRC the OP says he was in the Marines. Machine gunners have their own MOS on that side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he wasn't moved off the gun and into a leadership position, that screams PoS.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:10:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If he wasn't moved off the gun and into a leadership position, that screams PoS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Word. I see you're unfamiliar with his posts
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
We're short as fuck and taking anyone with a pulse.  Most likely someone knew who you were and gave them a heads up prior to the interview.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#38]
This went exactly how I knew it would
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 3:15:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Now Tayous is afraid to post in this thread since it turned into a dog pile.  Thanks guys.  I love Tayous posts.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This went exactly how I knew it would
View Quote
Always does. lol

J-
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Isn’t that near oil fields? Why not go work for the oil industry?
View Quote
https://www.bop.gov/locations/map.jsp
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#42]
An Arfcommer would want FCI Phoenix.  Its about two miles from the Ben Avery shooting complex.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

An Arfcommer would want FCI Phoenix.  Its about two miles from the Ben Avery shooting complex.
View Quote
Good to know.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Delete
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top