Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I still have a vert feed R/T that runs like a top.
My E Mag still gets playing time also. Love playing scenario games with the Phantom pump. People look at it and ask "What is that? And how does it work?"
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Sold all my paintball gear after high school.  Every now and then I think it would be fun to play again; but it would suck with rental tipmanns or whatever.  I'd want my old Automag RT / warp feed / Z grip, with remote nitrogen on my pack and like 600 extra rounds; for nice a woodsball game.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean “Painball”, don’t you?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I would love to get back into it. Body wont let me. Started back in 07.  First marker was a 04 Dye DM4.  We played alot of 3 man, PSP and NPPL (now USPL).  We played woodsball for a change of pace.

Had a lot of markers through the years. Timmys, Ego, PM's and DM's.  My son quit in 09 (football).  That was my last year.  06-09 we were sponsored by our field (Houston) went of several national events. The last one in 09 PSP Pittsburgh we finished 12th in D4.  Not to shabby.  One of the fellas went on to form and own Houston Heat.  I dont know if he still owns it. I dont follow paintball that close anymore.

Markers were more expensive than AR's.  Probably still are.  It was a very helpful when you got sponsored as paintballs are $$$$.

ETA: Just remembered I had a WGP autococker too!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Sold my Spyder Shutter years ago.  Loved playing in the fall at Conder's paintball fields in Central KY.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Used to have a 6.5 turbo suburban I used to haul 4 brothers and 3 or 4 buddies out every other weekend. Still have 10 or 15 loaner 98s and a few A5s waiting on airsoft to fizzle out...haha.
Still some good times.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
My daughter was looking for some party fun for her b-day this weekend, I suggested paintball

She was interested
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My daughter was looking for some party fun for her b-day this weekend, I suggested paintball

She was interested
View Quote

More fields are doing low impact .50 cal for the kids now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I still have a gear bag full of gear from 10 years ago. I've played a couple times since, maybe 3 or 4 times. Airsoft has really taken over. Cheaper to get into, cheaper to play, hurts less, guns are more realistic, and you can play just about anywhere without making a mess. There are still fields around, but most have switched to at least 50% airsoft to stay open.
View Quote

This.

I was a diehard Stock Class paintball player for years. Using pump action with 10rd tubes and 12g cartridges vs guys shooting 200rd mags at 10 shots a second.

But Airsoft (specifically Gas Blowback Pistols) is just a better technology and game:

-Paintball guns always need new air seals / O-rings, cleaning, balls breaking. My KWA $100 Glock from 15 years ago still runs on its original seals.

-Airsoft at 10-15yd still shoots pretty 'flat' allowing the use of sights, where paintball was all 'art of the lob' trajectory shots. Airsoft also allowed games to be actually useful training.

-Buddies and I could play airsoft in backyards, parks, houses under construction, and the best - at an abandoned naval hospital that the local SWAT team used for Simmunitions training.

-Paintballs degrade and break down, while Airsoft BB's could be stored indefinitely.

That said, Airsoft never had the satisfaction of a perfect shot to the goggles with a paintball.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It’s right next to Worlds of Fun, in the Hunt-Midwest Caves. The also have “Lazer Tag” for kids and/or pussies.
View Quote

@Red-Stater  The midget is pumped about the laser tag.   Can you show up there on a Saturday and play a game with randos or is it pretty sparse?
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@Red-Stater  The midget is pumped about the laser tag.   Can you show up there on a Saturday and play a game with randos or is it pretty sparse?
View Quote

@MshakeMO You definitely can!
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell yes
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm a retired tourney player, my knees decided when it was time to stop - lots of fun, but even with sponsorship we spent a absolute fortune at each event, for a seven man team we'd go through a shipping palette of paint each day, throw hotels, meals, flights, transport and freight for all the equipment into an event - we'd blow $15k+ easily and that doesn't even cover the months of training pre-season.

I used a Autococker that was handmade in Germany by a company called Folda, it's now in a Museum collection here:

https://paintballhistory.com/folda-autococker-made-in-germany/

And yes, I was the person who put the Intel Inside sticker on it :-)

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@MshakeMO You definitely can!
View Quote

On it.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have a Tippmann 98 that hasn’t been used since high school and I always find myself saying “someday I’ll find some paintball bros.”

It was kind of futile back in the day cuz my friends were losers and I became the de facto supplier of paint, gas, and orings so even then I didn’t play as much as I would have liked.
View Quote

Rich kid hobby.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Played from ‘90 to ‘97 mostly semi pro league.  Used auto cocker and auto mag back in the day.  Also had a vm.

I played in the first world record game in the poconos.  700 acres, 3500 players, 2 teams.  

I also played in a scenario game in Mansfield state reformatory which is where they filmed Shawshank redemption.  1000 players, 500 per cell block.  

Helluva lot of fun.  

My gear was stolen in ‘97 and i reinvested the insurance paycheck into Big gun RC warship combat.  Remote control balsa replicas of WWI and WWII boats that fired 1/4” steel ball bearings from co2 powered cannons that worked kinda like paintball guns
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a bunch of crap in the garage I keep meaning to list. I used to play in middle/high school and occasionally in the navy, but haven't touched it since being back home. Partly due to the local field burning down and I don't want to travel that far to deal with paying for expensive paint/air.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My gear was stolen in ‘97 and i reinvested the insurance paycheck into Big gun RC warship combat.  Remote control balsa replicas of WWI and WWII boats that fired 1/4” steel ball bearings from co2 powered cannons that worked kinda like paintball guns
View Quote

Oh man, early internet I remember seeing pages about those, thinking they were the coolest thing ever.

Are those little BB Battleships still a thing?
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Played from 1988 until 2011. Didn't care that much for speedball, although every now and then it was ok to do something different. Woodsball and five man tournaments were more my thing.

First marker was a Splatmaster. Boy, those things sucked.
View Quote

Isn’t MARKER the fag name for a paintball GUN?
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Played from 1988 until 2011. Didn't care that much for speedball, although every now and then it was ok to do something different. Woodsball and five man tournaments were more my thing.

It was apparently the OG name as the guns were invented to mark trees for forestry / lumber, as well as marking cattle. So marker was what nelson or the original inventor of paintball called them.

But it also did become a fag name for paintball guns later as the industry tried to remove them from gun culture to make paintball more broadly appealing, especially in suburbia with worried moms holding the purse stings for kids wanting to play.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I do scenarios with friends a few times a year.

We are going to PA for one on the 17th.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Played for 15 years as my son was growing up. Great way to spend time with the kid. We played with a large team and traveled quite a bit. We got of it 4-5 years ago when he got married.
He moved recently and there is a field close to his house. He started playing again and I went out with him a few weeks ago. It felt good to play but even better to spend time with my son.
Great father/son memories from years of playing. We will go out again soon I hope.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#25]
They are playing combat archery around here now.

Combat Archery
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh man, early internet I remember seeing pages about those, thinking they were the coolest thing ever.

Are those little BB Battleships still a thing?
View Quote

Apparently.  If you search YouTube for big gun rc warship combat you’ll find a lot of videos
There’s also a forum with posts this year
https://rcwarshipcombat.com

There were two competing groups like ipsc and idpa. The big gun one limited the speed of the boats. The other one didn’t so you’d have the friggin 6’ long Bismarck running around the pond with a rooster tail like a jet ski
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#27]
This idiot wrote the book on it!

Idiot
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Most of my grand kids did paintball for their birthday.

My youngest grandson wants to do the same at 9 years old.

That Irishman is going for blood.

I wish I could be there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Oh my...

I was co-owners of a fad paintball store (pbwarehouse.net), co- owner of small single product aftermarket company (hardshell products) and was the founder of the PBWarehouse Squardron teams. Became the first coach of the pro NPPL team Scottsdale Elevation.

Then just walked away clean.

I used to be a prolific gun customizer and lived on Pbnation buying/selling/trading.

It was a fun decade, met some great friends and had a blast traveling all over the US.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I haven’t played in a long time, but I still have most of my gear.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I haven't played for probably around 10 years now.
Fuck, I miss it
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Found the totes with my gear during the last move.

Been many a moon since I played and probably never will again.

Most of the gear survived but some of the plastic stuff is toast like the lens on the masks and loaders.

The guns all seem ok but they are all old school Co2 setups and I'm sure will need o-rings.

Two 68 auto-mags and a mini-mag with some custom work and parts very old school

I need to find someone that still plays and would appreciate the gear and just get rid of it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm a retired tourney player, my knees decided when it was time to stop - lots of fun, but even with sponsorship we spent a absolute fortune at each event, for a seven man team we'd go through a shipping palette of paint each day, throw hotels, meals, flights, transport and freight for all the equipment into an event - we'd blow $15k+ easily and that doesn't even cover the months of training pre-season.

I used a Autococker that was handmade in Germany by a company called Folda, it's now in a Museum collection here:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I remember these being advertised.  I never saw one in person.  Super cool that you had one!

Quoted:

I don't know what cigarettes have to do with anything, but paintball launchers were originally called 'markers', not guns.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I remember these being advertised.  I never saw one in person.  Super cool that you had one!

I don't know what cigarettes have to do with anything, but paintball launchers were originally called 'markers', not guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like this?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Had Spyders since the beginning then grabbed a Shocker NXT in 2007. Sold it a year later and regret it. Such an amazing marker. Played all the fields in Southern Cal as a kid. Grew up with a few guys who went on to play with Ironmen and other league teams.

p.s. cockers and mags are pieces of shit
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have a Tippmann 98 that hasn’t been used since high school and I always find myself saying “someday I’ll find some paintball bros.”

It was kind of futile back in the day cuz my friends were losers and I became the de facto supplier of paint, gas, and orings so even then I didn’t play as much as I would have liked.
View Quote

I played for the first time ever this year. I liked it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#37]

What part of "originally called markers" are you not understanding?  

"but Alex_F, I found an ad that calls it a gun!"

"fucking congratulations, here's a cookie, run along now"
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I blame my knees hurting/cracking on paintball.

I still have all of my gear at my parents house, havnt touched any of it in years. Still have my SL74.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wording was intentional. I can assure you, you don't ever want to associate a Splatmaster with the word "gun."
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Oh my...
I was co-owners of a fad paintball store (pbwarehouse.net)
View Quote

I am pretty sure I bought on your site. Remember it well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I have not played in about 7 years.

Played for 25 years before that but the 2 closest fields to me that still held large scale scenario games shut down.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I always thought the Stock Class guns had the best aesthetics:

Link Posted: 8/28/2021 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I used to play.
Always loved showing up to matches in shorts and a t shirt... intimidation was always fun.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Started playing with my son when he was 9 or 10 years old. We traveled to many games, usually camping.
We played in the worlds largest paintball game with over 4,000 players, several times, at Skirmish Paintball in PA.
My son grew up and developed other interests and responsibilities. I still play, I don't want to grow up I'm only 68!
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was interested

I actually did this with a church youth group a few years ago at a place that had a nice arena. I was stoked to play and I felt like a kid again. It was a blast and I could still feel the hits. Made me wonder why I ever subjected myself to those .68 cal balls.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I still have my Phantom pump and some gear around.

Gave my Spyder to my ex's kid, i fucking regret that.

Haven't played in years, real guns were more fun.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Had Spyders since the beginning then grabbed a Shocker NXT in 2007. Sold it a year later and regret it. Such an amazing marker. Played all the fields in Southern Cal as a kid. Grew up with a few guys who went on to play with Ironmen and other league teams.

p.s. cockers and mags are pieces of shit
View Quote

You take that back right now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I started playing in 1987, owned a shop in Houston for a few years, built custom guns for years, traveled all over the country working for a manufacturer (AGD), developed several cool products and then sadly haven't played since about 2010.  I really want to get back into it some day.

Here's a few of the guns I made
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Started with the OG Splatmaster and quit playing with a VM68 Magnum. Was actually talking paintball with an old friend/teammate a week ago.

I couldn't afford to play when you it got to where you needed a case of paint for a day. Now it's a case of paint per game it seems.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I started playing in 1987, owned a shop in Houston for a few years, built custom guns for years, traveled all over the country working for a manufacturer (AGD), developed several cool products and then sadly haven't played since about 2010.  I really want to get back into it some day.

Here's a few of the guns I made
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72316/1779189_10202613558033075_927086044_n_jp-2073703.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72316/11071541_10207368891727163_7025103806210-2073704.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72316/evilpocket1_jpg-2073705.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72316/IMG_0344_JPG-2073706.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72316/1908228_10202613556033025_493476096_n_jp-2073709.JPG
View Quote

I was never an autococker guy but those are beautiful
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top