User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, that was an interesting dive down the pencil rabbit-hole. Now I know what to get if I never need to impress someone with serious writing/drawing/drafting credentials.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I carry this and the accompanying pen every day. Schmidt easyFLOW 9000 cartridges.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Mitsubishi / Uni “Hi Uni” model.  They are about $1.50 each.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 12:09:32 AM EDT
[#7]
No Green Bay Packers!

Used to by those in Jr High at the school store
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Someone here awhile back recommend these:

Attachment Attached File

And this sharpener:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#10]
After years of technical drawing and going to school for architecture when they still taught pencil and paper drafting along with CAD, I love a good lead holder.  Buy as many as needed with various lead hardnesses and a proper eraser and shield, and have at it.  No reason to waste money on all the wood around a pencil.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 2:14:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Eberhard Faber Blackwing 602

You want the NOS ones. New ones don't cut it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:10:01 AM EDT
[#12]
0.5 mm is what you need for small writing, fine drawing and graphing. yeah you break some leads but it's worth it. 0.7 mm is better for everyday writing. choose your lead hardness for either.

I started off using Pentel PD365's. the blue one exclusively through 4 years of college. that one pencil.

I quit using PD365's the day I discovered P205's. they are the ultimate. Office Max makes an exact clone.

the Zebra M-304 would be my next choice but they are a bit too small. probably better for people with small hands or packing in your briefcase or glovebox.

the Bic cheapos are good everyday pencils that can get lost. they work just fine.

the 0.7 mm twisties make good lumber pencils if you can get the hang of it. hard to break, tough body, and last forever. I think these are from the 70's.

Office Max makes these erase-o-pencils that work fantastic and refills are cheap.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:12:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
After years of technical drawing and going to school for architecture when they still taught pencil and paper drafting along with CAD, I love a good lead holder.  Buy as many as needed with various lead hardnesses and a proper eraser and shield, and have at it.  No reason to waste money on all the wood around a pencil.
View Quote

Pentel P205 with the right lead would give it a run for the money
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#14]

This right here except in a .07 and you want a softer lead/graphite.

H's are hard B's are soft the higher the number harder or softer they are.  I'd start with a 2B.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top